Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible download speed with launcher

drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

So I am returning back to SWTOR, It has been a very long time. I actually gave my account to my mother in-law (her first ever mmorpg) So I made a new account haha. 

I was cruising along wiht the downloading on the launcher and once i hit 75% completed it comes to screeching hault. Went from 1-3 mb/s down to 512kb/s. But with further investigations I am actually in reality downloading at a speed of 20-40 kb/s. So the launcher is lying about my download speed.................I have gotten 6% downloaded within the past 14 hours.............

Searched and searched the nets looking for help....tried all the stuff on the forums.........cannot get speed any higher. Really sucks.........I was thinking about subbing up again the get to lvl 40 real fast so I can quest with my mother in-law.........but SWTOR cant have my money with crappy dl speeds like this.

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by drtack1

I actually gave my account to my mother in-law (her first ever mmorpg)

Wow. I mean there are mean stories, there's even a mother-in-law sub-genre among jokes, etc. but giving TOR to the mother-in-law... that's a cruel one indeed :D

On topic, I haven't launched / updated the client the last few months, so I just started the launcher, and it's a solid 2-2.5 Mb/s. (in real, not just according the launcher). And I'm even 1 ocean further, so I think it's a decent speed. Maybe something on your ISP's side?

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Ok, so I was getting really great speeds as well until I hit 75%. This is a fresh install btw. The new play as you dl thing whatever.

By the way I am living in Sydney Australia so ocean has nothing to do with it lol. Just weird how it hit 75% and it struggles to move.

I have read alot of info in the web of people having this same issue. One post I read on forum this guy and his room mate both downloaded the game same time and one guy was getting same issue as me but other guy dled it in no time. 

I have also read issues with the launcher downloading the same file over and over. I cannot tell what my installer is downloading, just gives me a %

Rather frustrating. I just want to play some swtor lol.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I'm unfamiliar with the client download, I installed it from the disc and it's on the hdd since then, I only update it sometimes when I'm in SW mood and log in for a few hours.

But there was something strange with the launcher for me as well, it downloaded nearly 1Gb as an update, and still, from the original 26,7 Gb client went to 24,4 Gb... maybe it deleted the hutt cartel? :)

• FruxyFruxy Member Posts: 32
    The live update removes all extra features that were in beta but abandoned & unable to be ever finished for the actual game.  Going down 10% is typical in size, although half the features are missing so 50% would be expected
  • drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by Fruxy
    The live update removes all extra features that were in beta but abandoned & unable to be ever finished for the actual game.  Going down 10% is typical in size, although half the features are missing so 50% would be expected

What features do you speak of? I never heard of this.