Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Almost 18 Million on an idea and counting?!?!

2»

Comments

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Of all the KS projects (I think this is also separate crowdfunding, primarily) SC is the one to watch ie make a splash. I think it shows this genre is high demand and under served atm? I'd still be cautious on funding over certain amounts. I'd not seen the appeal of slashing out unless there's a direct connection between cash -> game time / unique experiences then if you're confident you could bump up your pledge proportional to how much you think you will play the game and enjoy it.

"Pixie Dust" perks however, I've no idea why people buy those?

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Of all the KS projects (I think this is also separate crowdfunding, primarily) SC is the one to watch ie make a splash. I think it shows this genre is high demand and under served atm? I'd still be cautious on funding over certain amounts. I'd not seen the appeal of slashing out unless there's a direct connection between cash -> game time / unique experiences then if you're confident you could bump up your pledge proportional to how much you think you will play the game and enjoy it.

"Pixie Dust" perks however, I've no idea why people buy those?

Well, certain packages do grant you playing time. I believe at the $40 pledge level, you get access to Alpha and Beta testing. So, that is a lot of playing time that a person buying at launch will miss out on. I grant you, it's a lot of bugged filled time, that will most likely be frustrating. But, it will have it's glorious moments as well and if you're willing to prefund the game, isn't it in your best interest to test the game, provide feedback, and help make it the best game possible? 

Also, buy even buying the lowest possible $30 package, you still get a ship and access to the hangar and dogfighting modules. So again, you still get some extra playtime.

There are also unique experiences involved. For example, those who donated before they hit $18 million will be able to start in a system not accessible by others at launch. The other folks will eventually be able to find it. Either by stumbling across it through exploration, or if someone gives you the coordinates. But, they'll never be able to base their ships there. 

I do realize that even these perks may not be enough to sway the more frugal or skeptical person with a passing interest in the game and that's fine. Having been let down by multiple games in the past, I can certainly understand that. But, I do think this company has done more than most for it's fans in that regard. 

Slainte,

Xavier

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

The answer to the OP is simple two words: "Chris Roberts"

And my comment goes: Obviously some people here maybe too young or didn't have the privilege in knowing who CR is or his games before the last decade.

He is the guy that Microsoft or EA had, have, and may as well will, throw their most expensive red carpet, anytime he decides to let them join.

He is the GrandMaster of Space Operas, and with the power of us backers, who really know he can deliver real AAA games, not the fake AAA most of us have been fed upon the last decade, and likewise, it's just him and his proof of excellence he demonstrated without(Origin) and within the wings of Microsoft or EA that attracts this enormous crowdfunding.

Those who do a little research will eventually turn into backing sooner or later:)

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us