Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem

Hello, I write in this forum because I can't post messages in official forum (I would appreciate any proposal for a big SWOTR Community where I can ask questions).

I have the following problem.

I'm level 15 trooper and want to be able to drive vehicles.

Yesterday I decided to buy a Prefered package which gives me the ability to drive vehicles, but before that I had gone to the market and bought Ubrikkian Striker. Then I bought the package. The problem is that the tab "Vehicles" does not appear in the Abilities Panel.

I restarted the game and used the 'repair' option on the launcher, but nothing helped. Maybe I should first buy the package and then the vehicle, but now I have no money to buy new vehicle (what I bought was worth 14999 and before that I had collected about 18000).

Could you please help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134

I have done some research, but as I have not had too much time to fully test this, the following might not be 100% correct (in that case I do apologise).

From what I have gathered you will need to unlock the following via the ingame 'Legacy System' (found under 'Y' by the default)

Speeder Piloting (lvl 1) - allows the purchase of the tiered Speeder Piloting skills at 10, 30 and 40 (instead of 25, 40 and 50). Note that the cost of training the skill IS included with the perk - Speeder Piloting lvl 1 at level 10 costs 40,000 for the perk.

I have recently bought the deluxe edition package (for 2 euro) which came (amongst other things) with a vehicle, in order to use it it stated I needed the perk mentioned above, along with a lvl 2 Legacy and the 40K cash. You have the option to unlock this sooner  via Cartel points (bought with real life cash).

I hope this will solve your problem, if not please leave another post.

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Your best bet is to try to contact customer support.  I know this sounds stupid.  I honestly am not trying to insult your intelligence or anything.  After you purchased these things, did you go to the claim window and claim it into your inventory?  Because, it doesn't automatically appear in your abilities menu.  In till you claim it and right click on the item.  If you've already done this, disregard and follow my first sentence.  Let us know if you remedy your problem.

• INDelevINDelev Member Posts: 4
    Thank you both for the assistance.
    Speeder Piloting (lvl 1) is included in Prefered package that I had bought. The item was in my inventory and after right click on it everything seemed fine. Speeder Piloting (lvl 1) was unlocked in 'Legacy System' and is available in the abilities as passive skill. However, "Vehicles" tab does not appear in the Abilities Panel.
    I would like to ask another (maybe stupid question) - do you know after purchase of a vehicle what happens - does it goes in inventory? Because after purchasing the speeder it wasn't there.
  • NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134

Ok so all the basics are there.

As far as I am aware, all purchased items will be send via in game mail. So if you go to a mailbox you should find it there as attachments to an email. (might be that you have re log in completely or have to wait some time before it arrives)

If this is not the case I would indeed contact customer support.

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    EDIT: NL-Rikkert posted faster /EDIT

Maybe I am really very stupid :)

I will check the mail box after work.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by INDelev

Thanks again!

I never received anything from the cash shop in my mail.  I figured this out reading this thread a second time.  With the package you are speaking of.  You get the speeder level 1 training.  That means you are able to get a mount.  Having that training doesn't give you the mount though.  You'll either have to buy one from the in game vendors.  Or, if you are too broke and not patient.  You can get a mount from the Cash Shop I believe.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin

Thanks again!

I never received anything from the cash shop in my mail.  I figured this out reading this thread a second time.  With the package you are speaking of.  You get the speeder level 1 training.  That means you are able to get a mount.  Having that training doesn't give you the mount though.  You'll either have to buy one from the in game vendors.  Or, if you are too broke and not patient.  You can get a mount from the Cash Shop I believe.

From the OP:

"but before that I had gone to the market and bought Ubrikkian Striker"

check your mail is my suggestion too.

Originally posted by Siris23

Thanks again!

From the OP:

Sorry about that.  I haven't played the game since launch.  I honestly didn't know what a "Ubrikkian Striker" was lol.  But, if its a mount, then yes check your mail.

Originally posted by Siris23

Thanks again!

From the OP:

Sorry about that.  I haven't played the game since launch ( and a couple weeks after F2P).  I honestly didn't know what a "Ubrikkian Striker" was lol.  But, if its a mount, then yes check your mail.

Problem is solved (mount was in mailbox ;)