Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Week 6 of Black Desert’s themed teaser

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/08/black-desert-final-themed-week-as-closed-beta-announcement-nears/

Would be nice to see an English translation of that video. Was funny when that character shot down that bird, music was nice too.

Comments

• MaRTiDoReMaRTiDoRe Member UncommonPosts: 22

My hype-meter on this game is so fucking high.

Videogame Developer - www.martidore.com

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Really liking everything I see from this game - and as opposed to a lot of the devs of western mmo's they actually have plenty of gameplay footage to back up what they talk about developing.  Only problem is that this will take forever to come to the west if it even does at all so it's hard to get too excited.
  • dgarbinidgarbini Member Posts: 185
    Where are my over sized cartoon shoulder pads????  No, really interested in this game.  I really hope they find a good western publisher or hell publish it themselves.
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,785
    Originally posted by Asheram

http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/08/black-desert-final-themed-week-as-closed-beta-announcement-nears/

Would be nice to see an English translation of that video. Was funny when that character shot down that bird, music was nice too.

He loaded the gun before shooting. That's a step forwards from the infinite ammo. Hopefully you'll have to buy and carry powder and shot too.

And the music would indicate they are after an Old English feel. Actually, Irish? But that would seem to indicate they are very serious about getting this game to the West, wouldn't you think?

Once upon a time....

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

I am just discovering this game now, and have to say I am pretty damn impressed. On the face of it, if it comes off well, it is pretty much the MMO I have been looking for for a very long time.

Now, that said, playing MMORPGs for 14 years, I have learned that you really have to wait and see how it actually turns out. I have let myself get dragged along on too many hype trains in the past to not be cautious now.

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

That is not the game though.  It's a fast action/arcade combat game where people with heavy armor flip in the air and smash the ground with oversized weapons.

The video makes it seem like it is not the usual Asian MMO, but that is exactly what it is.

• rlhegirarlhegira Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Wonder if you could play in First person view.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    This game is looking good
  • rlhegirarlhegira Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Eluminatii
    This game is looking good

Dude your sig is sick in many ways, good and creepy.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    One thing i dont like is that from what i can tell, you can send out "helpers" to gather for. Dont know its its an online or offline or both kinda feature but its something im not in favor for. If you want to harvest you should have to do it yourself.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Gut feeling is that its gonna be another ArcheAge.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    This game might not even release in the west and if it does it won't be out for at least 3 or 4 years. It's pointless getting excited over it.
  • asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    This game might not even release in the west and if it does it won't be out for at least 3 or 4 years. It's pointless getting excited over it.

You dont get excited about things you cant / wont have?

Even if he doesn't, he should still be excited. Why else would they be making an appearance in gamescom as well as pax if they didn't intend to show their game off to us westerners? They are obviously aiming to bring it to western markets as well.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    This game makes me lose interest in EQN. Looks freaking awesome!!!
  • NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by asrlohz

Even if he doesn't, he should still be excited. Why else would they be making an appearance in gamescom as well as pax if they didn't intend to show their game off to us westerners? They are obviously aiming to bring it to western markets as well.

Not bringing it to the west simply does not make sense, if they have a good game. It is a HUGE market, and to ignore that market is to simply ignore making an assload of money.  Not many companies do that.

The key there is if they have a good game. They need to show it off, and find that western publisher. Will it happen soon? I doubt it, but I suspect they are planning on it regardless.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Seriously major UNF.

It gives me major Skyrim vibes. Except...you know...if Skyrim had actually attractive characters and slick looking movement right out of the box.

Heck, all I want for Christmas is a game designed art wise by some of the most talented Korean artists in the country, with the gameplay/story aspects handled by a major Western company. I think I could die happy then.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Naral
    Originally posted by asrlohz

Not bringing it to the west simply does not make sense, if they have a good game. It is a HUGE market, and to ignore that market is to simply ignore making an assload of money.  Not many companies do that.

The key there is if they have a good game. They need to show it off, and find that western publisher. Will it happen soon? I doubt it, but I suspect they are planning on it regardless.

Actually, they might be thinking about publishing themselves. PearAbyss is pretty well established from what I've seen. Their team is organised, they've played all their cards well so far and I think that whilst it might turn into a somewhat niché game in the western market I think they could atleast be able to make a profit. Don't hold me to it though, I'm just making some guesses based on what I've seen from them so far.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

That is not the game though.  It's a fast action/arcade combat game where people with heavy armor flip in the air and smash the ground with oversized weapons.

The video makes it seem like it is not the usual Asian MMO, but that is exactly what it is.

I have the vibe this game will have the feel of tera, but with the pvp style of darkfall..which to me is a dream come true.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50

Brian Oh have said they are aiming at 2015/2016 for a western release, depending on how soon they can sign a contract with a publisher and how popular the game will be in the west on pre-orders and such.

So yeah, it will still take a while before we get to play.

• psychosiszzpsychosiszz Member UncommonPosts: 45

Open world pvp check

Weather system which affects materials, players and the world check

Action combat check

cool trade system check

So far this game is looking pretty damn good. Not to mention the graphics are great.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451

Exactly. I find it disturbing how so many people here are bamboozled by the graphics. "Oooo, it has pretty, realistic graphics, it must have excellent gameplay too!"

Not.

The gameplay footage I've seen is horrendous. Neon particle effects, unrealistic combat moves are utterly at odds with the landscape style.

• psychosiszzpsychosiszz Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Drakephire

Exactly. I find it disturbing how so many people here are bamboozled by the graphics. "Oooo, it has pretty, realistic graphics, it must have excellent gameplay too!"

Not.

The gameplay footage I've seen is horrendous. Neon particle effects, unrealistic combat moves are utterly at odds with the landscape style.

Gameplay looks simliar to Tera which was actually quite enjoyable. In any case I'll quote this from another user drakaena "I am willing to overlook quite a bit if someone/anyone can deliver a seamless open world, third person loot drop, territorial control, PvP centric game." <<this, if they do these things well I'll be very happy.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

My concern is that they keep showing these "characters" and then show them as player characters, running, fighting, etc.

I certainly hope this isn't like vindictus where we pick a "person" and that is our character for the game. I would want more customization.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo