Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iv'e been banned

Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

I wanna first start by saying I know this is completely my fault. I was playing Thursday afternoon when I stopped to shower and make lunch. I left my game on since there is no afk timer. I returned to b at the title screen. didn't think much of it at first. tried to log in to the message saying u r still logged in try again after a few moments. well a few hours later I started to read forums. that's when I learned people that were getting the same message for a long period of time were hacked. well I became a statistic. since u r still able to get to the character screen I checked and saw that there was a new toon on a new server. GOLD SPAMMER!!
after a couple hours I was able to log in and see no damage was done to any toon. they just made a new toon on a new server. so I changed my password and got a token. yes I know I should have had one from the start. like I said, I know its my fault. after I logged out I couldn't get back on. my account has been suspended. so after being on hold for 2 hours 10 min Friday night I was able to talk to a rep. I verified that its my account. he said I was banned for gold spamming. he said they will do an "investigation" do determine if I intentionally did this. lol. so now I wait to get their decision. im sure they will let me reactivate my account. just sucks to have to wait when I could b playing. especially since the log in problems have been fixed.

Comments

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Yeah, it is very scary how targetted FF are by gold spammers. I got my physical token too, just in case.
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Sorry, but Im glad to hear they are doing something about this.  Gonna keep reporting every one I see.
  • BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198

Sorry to hear that..  Complex password unique only to this game LOGIN pretty much takes care of the hacking problem.  Even sharing the password on forums is bad news.  Add a token and your golden.

When game companies all went to the use your email address format for the login the hackers had 50% of everyone's credentials, I never understand the logic behind this as I guess people are incapable of documenting unique user ID's across games and publishers know this.   Hackers work accounts from the SE account management website not the game.

AFK timers were introduced last patch, there is no longer any reason to stay perma logged in.

• SaoenSaoen Member Posts: 12
    Im sure a lot of people dont do this but if you make your password longer then 8 characters, not the same as other password you use, and not stupid easy to guess you dont get hacked unless you answer a fake email in which case you deserve to get your account hacked. Ive been playing MMO's for almost 10 years and ive NEVER been hacked in ANY mmo ive played. Simple steps save you in the long run. 
  • NleonNleon Member UncommonPosts: 28

Even accounts with security tokens are getting hacked. I doubt its your fault OP.

Join the club of some thousand stolen accounts for which SE does nothing.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Nleon

Even accounts with security tokens are getting hacked. I doubt its your fault OP.

I doubt token users are getting hacked. The hackers go after easy ones, they just move on, they don't have time to break the secure accounts.

• NleonNleon Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I doubt token users are getting hacked. The hackers go after easy ones, they just move on, they don't have time to break the secure accounts.

True but nowadays they mostly  target system databases to find security holes so they can bypass entirely the log in procedure.

I tried to find the topic in the official forums about people getting hacked even though they had security tokens but they deleted it.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566

True but nowadays they mostly  target system databases to find security holes so they can bypass entirely the log in procedure.

I tried to find the topic in the official forums about people getting hacked even though they had security tokens but they deleted it.

I remember Blizzard making an official statement that there were zero cases of compromised accounts that had a security token applied, despite many players claiming otherwise.  I'm not saying which party, the company or the players, are lying, but you should take anything anyone says on the internet with a grain of salt.

• KoreanSoWhatKoreanSoWhat Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by silverreign

I wanna first start by saying I know this is completely my fault. I was playing Thursday afternoon when I stopped to shower and make lunch. I left my game on since there is no afk timer. I returned to b at the title screen. didn't think much of it at first. tried to log in to the message saying u r still logged in try again after a few moments. well a few hours later I started to read forums. that's when I learned people that were getting the same message for a long period of time were hacked. well I became a statistic. since u r still able to get to the character screen I checked and saw that there was a new toon on a new server. GOLD SPAMMER!!
    after a couple hours I was able to log in and see no damage was done to any toon. they just made a new toon on a new server. so I changed my password and got a token. yes I know I should have had one from the start. like I said, I know its my fault. after I logged out I couldn't get back on. my account has been suspended. so after being on hold for 2 hours 10 min Friday night I was able to talk to a rep. I verified that its my account. he said I was banned for gold spamming. he said they will do an "investigation" do determine if I intentionally did this. lol. so now I wait to get their decision. im sure they will let me reactivate my account. just sucks to have to wait when I could b playing. especially since the log in problems have been fixed.

Why do you keep saying it is your fault? It is not your fucking fault. And you are giving indication that whoever get hacked is responsible for the crime. No, it is not. I don't understand why this site has such 'culture' of putting hacking problem to victims. It is very immature and very low in culture. It is first of all, the criminals' fault and then it is the company's fault that they can't properly punish and control the proper targets.

You have to be mad not just to the hackers but also to the company who gives you an unnecessary extra problem by banning victims' accounts. 

Come on, people, COMMON SENSE, WHERE DID YOU PUT IT?

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

People will say they got hacked even with the token so they don't sound stupid for not having the token. I know it can be done, but it is way more complex then most methods used to get passwords (phishing and keyloggers). I use security tokens when offered and I've never had a problem. If you believe this is a conspiracy theory and SE is just deleting the post, try checking other games and see if they are having issues with the tokens. 

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    stop using 123456 for password. fixed.
  • hakiredhakired Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 30

It is obviously the original poster's fault.

100% guaranteed he/she either took a look at one of the gold selling websites and she got keylogged.

Or he/she hired leveling service.

They are not selling GIL They just want you to go to their website and that's all she wrote.

Why are you defending the OP? 

Even if her password is 123456 it would take forever to guess her username and to even think that 123456 is the password.

Fools get punished end of story.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Dagon13

I remember Blizzard making an official statement that there were zero cases of compromised accounts that had a security token applied, despite many players claiming otherwise.  I'm not saying which party, the company or the players, are lying, but you should take anything anyone says on the internet with a grain of salt.

Blizzard did get theri database hacked. It was a big deal. Trion had a major security hole at theri launch. It was a big deal. Sony had their database compromised. It was a big deal. Point is, if SE had a hole in their security that compromised secure accounts, they'd have to disclose that and we'd all know about it.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by KoreanSoWhat

Originally posted by silverreign I wanna first start by saying I know this is completely my fault. I was playing Thursday afternoon when I stopped to shower and make lunch. I left my game on since there is no afk timer. I returned to b at the title screen. didn't think much of it at first. tried to log in to the message saying u r still logged in try again after a few moments. well a few hours later I started to read forums. that's when I learned people that were getting the same message for a long period of time were hacked. well I became a statistic. since u r still able to get to the character screen I checked and saw that there was a new toon on a new server. GOLD SPAMMER!! after a couple hours I was able to log in and see no damage was done to any toon. they just made a new toon on a new server. so I changed my password and got a token. yes I know I should have had one from the start. like I said, I know its my fault. after I logged out I couldn't get back on. my account has been suspended. so after being on hold for 2 hours 10 min Friday night I was able to talk to a rep. I verified that its my account. he said I was banned for gold spamming. he said they will do an "investigation" do determine if I intentionally did this. lol. so now I wait to get their decision. im sure they will let me reactivate my account. just sucks to have to wait when I could b playing. especially since the log in problems have been fixed.
    Why do you keep saying it is your fault? It is not your fucking fault. And you are giving indication that whoever get hacked is responsible for the crime. No, it is not. I don't understand why this site has such 'culture' of putting hacking problem to victims. It is very immature and very low in culture. It is first of all, the criminals' fault and then it is the company's fault that they can't properly punish and control the proper targets.

You have to be mad not just to the hackers but also to the company who gives you an unnecessary extra problem by banning victims' accounts. 

You have to have done something for them to get your account. You must not know how this world works.
    If SE didn't ban people (which they have full right to since it is in the TOA) for gold spamming then things would be 10x worse. Every says this for every single game that the company isn't doing anything about it when you have tons of forum posts about people being "hacked" and then banned for gold spamming. You need to change your passwords and get the 1 time password. Quit using the same accounts for everything.

If you get keylogged or don't take the proper precautions then yes it is your fault and I am not trying to say that the people who take accounts aren't too blame first but it is definitely within your power to stop them.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

*sigh*

i

never get hacked.  I guess I should change my password ttwosome thing like cat.  I just want some attention you know.  I'm tired of these guys ignoring me :(

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• hakiredhakired Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 30

She visited a gold selling website and her account got compromized. 

End of story. It's her fault. Where is your common sense?

Blizzard did get theri database hacked. It was a big deal. Trion had a major security hole at theri launch. It was a big deal. Sony had their database compromised. It was a big deal. Point is, if SE had a hole in their security that compromised secure accounts, they'd have to disclose that and we'd all know about it.

You're right, we would know about it because it would be disclosed.  Was there a disclosure that I missed?  I bet there wasn't, because it would be posted all over the launcher.

Nowadays they don't "mostly target system databases" as you claim.  There are those with the resources to target the database, and then there are those that target the player because it's easy.  We know for fact all accounts of the database being compromised because it must be disclosed.  We cannot even fathom the number of player faulted compromises because players lie about what happened to cover for themselves.

Originally posted by hakired

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't.  Bottom line is that she has a strong sense of responsibility and that is never a bad thing.

• KoreanSoWhatKoreanSoWhat Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by hakired

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't.  Bottom line is that she has a strong sense of responsibility and that is never a bad thing.

Unlike companies who sell their goods and ignore their responsibilities.

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598
    It sounds like this game has some security issues. Like your ip address is exposed to hackers while you are logged in.
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    I just had an email today from Square saying my account had been closed because of suspicious activity......Ummm?.....I don't even own a copy of the game. I had a beta account but that's it. Seems like this hacking epidemic a bit of a problem for you guys at the moment then. My sympathies. 
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Aori

If tokens were being bypassed, there would be outcry on quite a large scale.

Mobile phone tokens are less secure than physical, since mobile phones can get hacked:&.

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277

I think I also got hacked. I had been hacked before when GW2 launched, so I always make damn sure I am using unique passwords now. I bought the game last night, was tired so just logged in to make sure it worked alright on the PC and went to bed. Try to play today and voila, account suspended with no email even telling me why. I was going to start using the one-time password or security token stuff today, just didnt last night because it was late and I wanted to get to bed. Seriously, I was hacked in less than 24 hours?

I'm not 100% sure I was hacked, on my account page it doesnt show any new characters or anything. I cant possibly be suspended for something I did, I didnt type a single word into chat. I'm probably just going to demand a refund, they clearly have some security issues and I am absolutely certain their game isnt worth the hassle.

Oh, and just to curtail it before it starts - no I am not lying, my password was 100% unique to the game

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

[edit].

You are correct, it is never the victims fault.  The reason society blames the victim is to reinforce the idea that the crime could not happen to anyone else.  It is a defense mechanism that leaves everyone defenseless and vulnerable to attack.  The victims are obviously weak, "so attack them again".  "Blame the victim for what has been done to them."

Criminals are to blame.  Equally so are the Corporations that place their customer in danger is a total disregard for anyone's safety.  This happened before in recent history with SOE, it's not like SE didn't know this could happen.

Read Integrity Compromised, and Hacked!, to find out what is being done to prevent this.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

its my fault because I have an iphone. I could have downloaded the free token to FF just like I did for rift, WoW, and swtor. yes SE had their info compromised. And yes im sure that's how my account was hacked. but had I taken the 20 seconds to download the token and apply it, this wouldn't have happened. so that's why its my fault.