Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STEM System: Wireless Motion Tracking for Games and Virtual Reality

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/89577853/stem-system-the-best-way-to-interact-with-virtual?ref=home_popular

The STEM System™ is a wireless, modular motion tracking platform for video games, virtual reality (VR), and more. It enables players to interact naturally and intuitively with games by tracking full position and orientation at all times, whether at the desktop or throughout the entire living room.

Five tracking points. Allows tracking of all four limbs plus the head – or any other configuration.

Comments

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613
    I wish I was smart enough to make shit like that.  Damnit! I know I'm missing out on bazillions of dollars.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

i just dont see how this is consumer friendly, It's great and all, but this wouldn't really work in a living room.

Sure theres the omni, but that thing just looks awkward, walking/running in that doesn't look comfortable or like it would feel right at all.

I could see STEM, RIFT + analog stick though ( unless stem used an analog stick too, dont quite remember, read about stem a few days ago.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Agoden

i just dont see how this is consumer friendly, It's great and all, but this wouldn't really work in a living room.

Sure theres the omni, but that thing just looks awkward, walking/running in that doesn't look comfortable or like it would feel right at all.

I could see STEM, RIFT + analog stick though ( unless stem used an analog stick too, dont quite remember, read about stem a few days ago.

It has its own analog sticks and buttons on the controllers similar to the Wii Mote.