Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardcore Players.

Please excuse my language, but you hardcore players are annoying as hell.

There is more than enough content in the f*cking game, if you didn't play the game 24/7 you could easily see that. You race to end game and exploit any thing you can find ( in this game, "Fates") then you b*tch when you get to end game. F*ck, take time out and enjoy the game. Don't come to the forums and whine because you been playing the game 24/7 since release! Your messing up the game for normal players.

Reading all these negative comments about the game, I almost didn't even give it a chance. I went out on a limb and bought the game anyways, and to my surprise ITS GREAT. Don't let these hardcore gamers with and negative people stray you from a great game, 

Comments

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by jayvierl

There is more than enough content in the f*cking game, if you didn't play the game 24/7 you could easily see that. You race to end game and exploit any thing you can find ( in this game, "Fates") then you b*tch when you get to end game. F*ck, take time out and enjoy the game. Don't come to the forums and whine because you been playing the game 24/7 since release! Your messing up the game for normal players.

Reading all these negative comments about the game, I almost didn't even give it a chance. I went out on a limb and bought the game anyways, and to my surprise ITS GREAT. Don't let these hardcore gamers with and negative people stray you from a great game, 

x1000

He's right...don't listen to all the doomsayers....check out the game for yourself...best MMO in years!

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Here you have the PvE crowd. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Think of the warnings by the hardcore players as sort of a prophecy for the rest of you. Sooner or later you'll come to the same conclusions about the game, will just take you longer to appreciate it's shortcomings.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Think of the warnings by the hardcore players as sort of a prophecy for the rest of you. Sooner or later you'll come to the same conclusions about the game, will just take you longer to appreciate it's shortcomings.

Hence the two major milestone timeframes for all new MMOs

1 month mark - people who have been playing a lot have capped and done a good chunk of end game content (if not all)

3 month mark - all the casual players mosey on past the "finish" line and also wonder what else they can do.

Of course there's people inbetween, but those are the two most prominent ones.

• gamesrfungamesrfun Member Posts: 127

Unfortunately the complaints are coming from your average MMO player.  Read the official forums.  

The largest threads are on end game content.  Amdapor Keep changes have just created a huge disconnect.  There is absolutely no consistency.

I've seen it happen in a few games:  when nerfs are of the 'exponential' variety you are going to seriously annoy your playerbase.  Maybe it hasn't hit you yet.

But when it does, chances are you'll be wanting to cancel to.  A core base will obviously stay with the game.  But the attrition is going to be fierce.

If I remember correctly...the hardcore players also said GW2 was the 2nd..3rd and 4th coming. I'm not an "elitist" player but I'm a long time vet of MMO's and I think the doom and gloom crowd are jumping the gun just a bit. 

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451

You have to try the game yourself or take what people say and apply it to the way you play.

This game sucks or this game is awsome... means nothing without reasoning.

What I hate about XIV honestly the majority playing love, I cannot understand it but it is the same reason why people like WoW and I said that was the worst mmo I ever played besides xiv 1.0 at launch.

People want different things. Are you a filthy casual or a no-life basement dwelling loser hardcore? Both groups want content for them to enjoy and they want polar opposites.

For those who were hardcore/Longtime EQ or XI players and still want endless content, strong guilds, and long term goals and rewards in game... yea for us this game is a shallow, steaming pile of crap compaired to other games before it. Those who are more mainstream no unnessasary time sinks, can accomplish things in 10mins, no forced grouping, you are rewarded for everything you do, the game is really enjoyable for many of them and has loads of content if you are casual and do not care about making a large structured guild.

XIV is for the casuals. So far I have found NO hardcore elements in it. Even the best in slot items are a joke to get. And I have almost done everything the game has to offer. So it all depends on what kind of player you are and what you want out of it. SE has more or less gave the hardcores the middle finger in this game. If you are a casual this does not effect you 1 bit though.

If you are hardcore (I mean really hardcore... not just a good player, hard content =/= hardcore) you will run out of content before SE releases more. It is the same as WoW in this respect. People from XI are the ones raging the most, because they never had this problem in a FF mmo until now.

Personally my advise.

If you like WoW and are a casual player... check this game high chance you will enjoy it.

If you like the FF series but did not have time to invest in a mmo... check out the game you will probally enjoy it

If you want something revolutionary... do not play this game.

If you want something like FFXI and EQ... do not play this game.

If you liked XI/EQ but are unsure about it... try it, but realize it is for the casuals. everything is designed with 15hr a week players in mind.

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105

And what about those hardcore players saying that if you don't have FF14 you're missing out?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Postcards

And what about those hardcore players saying that if you don't have FF14 you're missing out?

You'll find very few of those atm, every day more and more will join the legion of the lost who will move on because they've largely consumed the content.  Within 3 months most of the remaining populace will join them leave a much smaller core player base that will likely stick with it for the long haul just for the IP and until a better (or at least newer) game comes along)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by Postcards

You'll find very few of those atm, every day more and more will join the legion of the lost who will move on because they've largely consumed the content.  Within 3 months most of the remaining populace will join them leave a much smaller core player base that will likely stick with it for the long haul just for the IP and until a better (or at least newer) game comes along)

We'll see. I still think it's too early too tell. I'm waiting to see if anything changes once they resume digital sales.

Originally posted by Xatsh

You have to try the game yourself or take what people say and apply it to the way you play.

What I hate about XIV honestly the majority playing love, I cannot understand it but it is the same reason why people like WoW and I said that was the worst mmo I ever played besides xiv 1.0 at launch.

People want different things. Are you a filthy casual or a no-life basement dwelling loser hardcore? Both groups want content for them to enjoy and they want polar opposites.

For those who were hardcore/Longtime EQ or XI players and still want endless content, strong guilds, and long term goals and rewards in game... yea for us this game is a shallow, steaming pile of crap compaired to other games before it. Those who are more mainstream no unnessasary time sinks, can accomplish things in 10mins, no forced grouping, you are rewarded for everything you do, the game is really enjoyable for many of them and has loads of content if you are casual and do not care about making a large structured guild.

XIV is for the casuals. So far I have found NO hardcore elements in it. Even the best in slot items are a joke to get. And I have almost done everything the game has to offer. So it all depends on what kind of player you are and what you want out of it. SE has more or less gave the hardcores the middle finger in this game. If you are a casual this does not effect you 1 bit though.

If you are hardcore (I mean really hardcore... not just a good player, hard content =/= hardcore) you will run out of content before SE releases more. It is the same as WoW in this respect. People from XI are the ones raging the most, because they never had this problem in a FF mmo until now.

Personally my advise.

If you like WoW and are a casual player... check this game high chance you will enjoy it.

If you like the FF series but did not have time to invest in a mmo... check out the game you will probally enjoy it

If you liked XI/EQ but are unsure about it... try it, but realize it is for the casuals. everything is designed with 15hr a week players in mind.

You mean...people with a life.

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Ill be avoiding this game. Bad communities are whats ruining mmos.
  • NicephorusNicephorus Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by gamesrfun

Unfortunately the complaints are coming from your average MMO player.  Read the official forums.  

The largest threads are on end game content.  Amdapor Keep changes have just created a huge disconnect.  There is absolutely no consistency.

I've seen it happen in a few games:  when nerfs are of the 'exponential' variety you are going to seriously annoy your playerbase.  Maybe it hasn't hit you yet.

But when it does, chances are you'll be wanting to cancel to.  A core base will obviously stay with the game.  But the attrition is going to be fierce.

I think  this is what bothers me the most about people who go out of their way to slam a game on the forums. If you honestly don't like the game, far be it from me to tell you that you are wrong. Ultimately, each of us likes what we like. But it amazing how delusional some people are when they make the leap from "I don't like this game" to "The game sucks and anyone who says otherwise is a fanboy". I'm sorry, but if you are a non legacy player, and have already leveled to 50 and are complaining there is nothing to do, you are NOT the average MMO player, no matter how much you might wish otherwise.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    What genre should suit the hardcore player more than the MMORPG? Honest question.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Distopia
    What genre should suit the hardcore player more than the MMORPG? Honest question.

Any form of PvP-focused game. I.e. Starcraft, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Street Fighter, etc.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Distopia

Any form of PvP-focused game. I.e. Starcraft, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Street Fighter, etc.

I guess you could say they're suited to some hardcore play-styles, yet for others, those games will seem like one trick ponies. A lot of hardcore gamers got their start as hardcore gamers in titles like EQ, UO, AC, EVE, SWG, AO, etc... These games were perfectly suited to the hardcore player.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124

Personally my advise.

I would argue if you like wow don't try this you probably won't like it, I tried this game and I have now lost the will to live. It has actually finally pushed me back to wow for the first time since cata released, I've given up the fight there is no mmo out there at the min worth playing. Please hurry up 2014 when we have the next contenders.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Really? Didn't see that many hardcore players complaining, at least most I know are content with what there is for launch.

I COULD complain leveling is too easy which I feel it is (it should be a journey, not some easy task) but in its current state it lacks the quests and other things to do outside fate grinding to really make it worth wild for extending in my opinion.

My biggest complain is the players who are clueless about everything despite being 50... particularly those who do the SAME MISTAKE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Yeah... I really hate when someone can't figure out a mistake they made after 2-3 times, specially if its something very simple. Sue me!

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597
    Originally posted by echolynfan

You mean...people with a life.

I'm a gamer, why would I settle for a life, when I can have multiple.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

I might have two whole levels in fates and i been 50s forever. So... when wow, daoc, eq, swg, etc. etc. released it took many multitudes of time to reach end game. So your false dichotomy of you fated to end game or when on 24/7 and that is why your done with the games content, its easy exampled as false.

Also correlating people without content and the game being good or bad is an non sequitur [unless you make that correlation] ( just stick to being very honest and stating your experience instead of attempting to convince an audience). So in place of these either or arguments  you could state, Some people might negitively comment about the game because they have completed most if not lal the content as they are hardcore gamers, but for people looking for a normal mmorpg experience the game offers plenty of content and activities to enjoy oneself. 

By doing this, readers can correctly judge (read trust) your comments. If they are rather hardcore they can say well at least ill have something to do for a bit (tho it might not last), or if they are very casual an enjoyable game or w/e.

I am just attempting to lend a hand i don't disagree with your general statement that ff14 is good, but couldn't hxc players counter your comment,"Please excuse my language, but you hardcore players are annoying as hell." with, 'Please excuse my language, but you casual players are annoying as hell.' And then pretty much list off how the game is so easy etc. It don't make ANYONE RIGHT. You what i would attempt to convey is not correctness but what you value in the game, it will be more effective and actually accurate.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Originally posted by Nicephorus
    Originally posted by gamesrfun

I think  this is what bothers me the most about people who go out of their way to slam a game on the forums. If you honestly don't like the game, far be it from me to tell you that you are wrong. Ultimately, each of us likes what we like. But it amazing how delusional some people are when they make the leap from "I don't like this game" to "The game sucks and anyone who says otherwise is a fanboy". I'm sorry, but if you are a non legacy player, and have already leveled to 50 and are complaining there is nothing to do, you are NOT the average MMO player, no matter how much you might wish otherwise.

This ^

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

completely wrong. sorry.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• SaoenSaoen Member Posts: 12

Ive been playing MMO's for years. Not sure I agree with this fully.

All MMO's are same for the most part with subtle differences. Plus there is a monthly fee which is going to scare off a lot of people after a month (possibly even myself). 

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by Saoen

Ive been playing MMO's for years. Not sure I agree with this fully.

All MMO's are same for the most part with subtle differences. Plus there is a monthly fee which is going to scare off a lot of people after a month (possibly even myself). 

If $12.99 a month scares you off, you seriously need to find another hobby. Perhaps a job.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Reported OP for the obvious. Stop bumping the thread plz. 
This discussion has been closed.