Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favorite class in mmorpg game?

Comments

• SkogSonSkogSon Member Posts: 59

I love being able to play as a mage knight.

Feeling powerfull with sending some destruction my foes way with area of effect before diving in when they are still recouperating and hitting them hard.

Though I usualy find that it is very few games that encourage this combo.

Free to live, Free to play!

• I always play healer or archer, but most preferably healer.  There's always something great about having all the cool healing spells.
  • thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

I have three that are in no particular order and depend on the game mechanics:

- Hunters, ranged and usually good survivability, great as the first character

- Thieves/rogues, good survivability and ability to skip content

- Mages, ranged and good dps.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

Gotta love the pyromancer warior class in dark souls.

Serve up som hot barbeque ghoul and put in on the stick!

• ShainnaShainna Member UncommonPosts: 58

For some reason i fell in love with pet classes since my first mmo, granted that there are always issues with them (poor ai, lousy pathing, etc), but if an mmo that i'm playing has a pet class that's the first one i go for.

Favourite so far was Bureaucrat in Anarchy Online, pet class with great support skills. Haven't played anything remotly fun since then.

Otherwise i tend to go ranged, was always bad with melee classes. Also the fact that these days a truly support class rarely exists, wich is a pity.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Magicians.

I love any variation of a spell caster that does not focus on DoTs and does not have limited knowledge of the elements. A wizard that only knows how to use fire? BS!!. Magicias study all the elements (fire, earth, wind, water / ice, arcane, etc)

But if i have to choose one or two elements then i prefer to play a Blood Mage. Not a healer and DoTs like in TSW, but an actual damage beast blood mage like Dragon Age.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

The class that wields the biggest weapons and wears the heaviest armor.

Games that don't offer these two in the same class confuse me.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Archer.

Death from range...and unexpected .......is the best.(especially if they never see where you are)

Originally posted by tom_gore

The class that wields the biggest weapons and wears the heaviest armor.

Games that don't offer these two in the same class confuse me.

Gotta say +1 on this

Love the look, role and gameplay, as long as the game itself delivers on a dynamic, fun fighting system.

• TenebraeAeternaTenebraeAeterna Member CommonPosts: 34
    I always play the stealth oriented glass cannon, rogue, assassin, whatever you wish to call it. Though, I must admit that I loathe being called a Thief in GW2...worst class mechanic ever, ugh.

I've a heart of pure black jade, beating forth the ebon ink of shattered dreams. So spread those thighs my darlings, and let me hear those lustful screams... For twisting coils and silken strands, my venom coursing through your veins. It's my bliss you seek, to ease those troubled pains...

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

I almost always play a healer, usually a melee based one if it is available. I prefer to be self sufficient in PvE and PvP and I like to be able to carry groups when needed and that seems to be the best combo for that.

My first alt is usually the DPS based mage and my 2nd alt is generally a tank.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by apocoluster

And I ranged. Ie. archers hunter

...but the most interesting class I've ever played was AoC's herald of Xolti.  Short range no armor high dps great sword wielding Mage. 

are you me? I always played archers and LOVED my Herald of Xotli in AoC.. I even went back and tried to play her when it went free to play.. gah I forgot how to play so badly I died quite a lot and then just deleted the game again. 

I do prefer pet classes.. sort of the DnD ranger.. the older one that got pets =P

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

The paladin is a hybrid class, both magical and mystic in nature.

Another great hybrid class is Vanguard's Blood Mage, one of the best classes I've ever played in a MMO.

• FondantFondant Member Posts: 7
    Hit it from afar! But I'm inclined toward mage classes.
  • pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I've always preferred buffing/debuffing roles, my favorites being bard from EQ1 and controller from CoH. It sounds so boring as I type this but some of the best fun I had as my bard was on large raids finding a nice spot near a wall where I could cam down to the floor and just twist twist twist.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

my first character and in most games only character. has always been a warrior

So physical defense.

Tank and if posible Dwarf warrior :D

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

DPS healers. If developers give me an inch because "oh no they need to be able to solo!", I won't hesitate to try and turn it into a nuker with heals on the side. See : Priests of Mitra in AoC and DPS Archmages in WAR.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Ranged or stealth, they almost always have the advantage 1vs1 in pvp.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

I don't gravitate towards any particular thing.  It really depends on what my mood is like, the combat mechanics of the game, and what type of customization the game has.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
    I enjoy playing mage in diablo 3, it goes so back to the origins and true to the "iconic" fictional wizzard class.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Crowd control. Gone the way of the dodo.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Archer, preferably without mandatory pet.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Battle mage (Sword weilding magic user) or non pet ranger/archer. Would say Croud controller class like EQ1 mesmer but they dont exsist anymore unfortuenlty cause CC in fights seems 2 hard for people :P
  • Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244
    Deathknight from wow. Was never my main because my guild needed healer more but I always enjoyed playing the DK most especially pvp

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Depends on the game. I usually tend toward tanking or support roles (buffer or crowd control).