Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fieldcraft and Tradecraft Leves

gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

how the heck do you actually get them?

level seventeen in class - arcanist

i'm in the city where the particular guild is (not home city), wearing the correct gear set - but  quest giver won't talk to me, just says to run along and go out in the world

i've done the same thing in my home city but the only quests i can get is for fisherman even though i've joined the mining and the botanist guilds, along with a few of the trades

what am i missing?

Comments

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    nm.  late didtn read
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Even though I haven't tried to do either of these yet - I figured they were for gathering / crafting. Assuming you would have to be level 10+ in that particular craft/gathering class as well.
  • Stark3Stark3 Member Posts: 20
    Assuming you already have the ability to use levequests unlocked (via story line progression), I believe you need to finish the level 10 class quest for the relevant crafting / gathering profession.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by gatheris

how the heck do you actually get them?

level seventeen in class - arcanist

i'm in the city where the particular guild is (not home city), wearing the correct gear set - but  quest giver won't talk to me, just says to run along and go out in the world

i've done the same thing in my home city but the only quests i can get is for fisherman even though i've joined the mining and the botanist guilds, along with a few of the trades

what am i missing?

Home cities only have levequests for the professions of that particular city. Given that you state that you only get fisherman, I am sure that your home city is Limsa Lominsa. 

lv5-15 trade and field leves are only found in the areas near or in the home city. That's why if you want to do lv15 field mining leve, you would have to go to either Ul'dah or Camp Drybone in Eastern Thanalan.

The lv20-25 trade and field leves are found in home cities and at QuarryMill in South Shroud.

Not sure about lv30 (other than it is found in home cities as well); just hit lv30 today and I am following story mode to find where that place may be for lv30 field and trade leves. 

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Check home city. Higher levels you might be venturing out to quest nodes similiar to the level of a battle class you might do. Higher levels I've had some turn ins at Coerthus and then at Mor D, though that was for 35+ stuff for my BSM.
  • gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

lots of conflicting information on the web when searching for answers (lots of stuff from beta that might have changed)

but figured myself the Leves would be dependant on the city where the skill comes from but why no lower level quests at all (some say available at level one, then 10, then more than that)

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

you have to unlock particular "tier" of leves by doing the intro leve in particular area.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117778-DoL-DoH-Levequest-Locations

so i still don't have an answer on how to get Leves when the Leves dude/dudette won't even talk to me

needless walled garden it seems to me :(

so, as an arcanist do i have to add a subclass (or whatever it's called - for example archer), even though i would prefer staying full arcanist for the time being just so i can get a botany related leves in Gridania?

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

so i still don't have an answer on how to get Leves when the Leves dude/dudette won't even talk to me

needless walled garden it seems to me :(

so, as an arcanist do i have to add a subclass (or whatever it's called - for example archer), even though i would prefer staying full arcanist for the time being just so i can get a botany related leves in Gridania?

i see no reason why leve master would not talk to you

as for subclass - no, you definitelly dont need to have DoW/DoM subclass from particular town

• OnoriaOnoria Member UncommonPosts: 25

OP,

you probably need to progress the main story line. 

to what?

it's kinda odd that nobody seems to really know - but thanks for the help still

also seems odd that gathering/crafting in other than your home city is unavailable unless your class (DOW or whatever) level is 20+

again, conflicting information from youtube videos then since once you can travel from one city to the other without walking (apparently dangerous if you start in "pirate" city) it is time to start getting other gathering/crafting professions - others state you can walk from Ul-Duh to Gradania to do this fairly early

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

to what?

it's kinda odd that nobody seems to really know - but thanks for the help still

also seems odd that gathering/crafting in other than your home city is unavailable unless your class (DOW or whatever) level is 20+

again, conflicting information from youtube videos then since once you can travel from one city to the other without walking (apparently dangerous if you start in "pirate" city) it is time to start getting other gathering/crafting professions - others state you can walk from Ul-Duh to Gradania to do this fairly early

I honestly don't know how it works.

I can do Lvl 15  Goldsmiting quests but only level 10 mining even though I'm level 21 mining and only 16 GS

I can do level 1 fishing leves at level 6 fishing.

that's exactly what i mean - makes no sense - though i'm sure there are some "rules" governing this

90% of the reason for my purchase of the game was for the crafting but having second thoughts about the whole thing now

not giving up quite yet but getting a bit disgruntled

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

For some reason not all NPCs offering battlecraft leves will also offer field and tradecraft ones, only specific ones will. You'll have to find the NPC giving out leves in the level range you want and do the introductory leve for the area.

The guy for lvl 20 and 25 is in Quarrymills for example.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Today I found out that lv30 trade and fieldcraft leves are taken at  Costa del Sol at Eastern la Noscea (other than home cities of course :P). The lv35 versions are not available there though.

Originally posted by Amegashie

For some reason not all NPCs offering battlecraft leves will also offer field and tradecraft ones, only specific ones will. You'll have to find the NPC giving out leves in the level range you want and do the introductory leve for the area.

The guy for lvl 20 and 25 is in Quarrymills for example.

ahh - that must be it

thanks

will give it a shot tonight - with a little help from google - and an overpriced airlift ticket to Ul'Dah

which apparently "benedict" tried to explain earlier but i didn't connect the dots with the link to the site - oops