Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

started playing again after a year

2»

Comments

• DavynelordDavynelord Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by archidi

The game looks very good with healthy population and very improved graphics

I currently play a stealthy imperial agent  and although I like the class I die a lot while questing

Witch class has the best story ?

And witch class has the easiest way while questing?

Cheers

I find the game does have a healthy population also...but of course that depends on the server too I guess.  I only play on jedi covenant  (PVE server) and POT5 (PVP server)...but I've have yet to put a single person on ignore list and I've been playing the game just about 10 months now.

The class stories...I like the smuggler story the best simply because I love all the lines they make smugglers say...pretty funny most of the time and typically falls right into line with what I would be thinking if I were a smuggler myself....but I also like the sith inqusiter (Assassin) story, the jedi knight (guardian) story and the imperial agent (sniper) story seems good so far.....the jedi consular and the trooper stories just plain suck though, especially the trooper one.  They make your character such a pansy and make them act too formal all the time....I only wish I could kill General Garza LOL...

As for easiest class to level....HMM, really depends on your MMO experience...I'm very experienced in MMO's so any class is easy for me...but for STWOR, I like stealth classes as the easiest....so that's Assassin, Shadow, Operative and Smuggler...

The reason why is because your main source of leveling XP and Credits come from the mission giver, not the mobs you kill during the missions....the faster you can complete a mission and get back to the mission giver, the faster you'll level.  Therefore stealth can sneak past all the useless and trash mobs and fight only main mobs and bosses, go collect reward, level up.     

As a bonus, stealth classes can skip through heroics and some dailies (where you don't have to kill trash mobs) right to the end and just take out the boss while other classes have to fight through every mob and not many classes can do heroics solo unless they are over level or in max mods in gear.  Any stealth healer (operative or smuggler) can solo most of the game very easy...and I think snipers and gunslingers have it decent in soloing since they can avoid loads of damage by just using the cover system....but certain encounters (such as mobs that are similar to troopers in their attacks) will destroy you even in cover as they blast you with mortar rounds and stuff that isn't effected by cover (robots with explosive missiles are extremely deadly in this regard)....and they don't have an aggro drop mechanic like dropping into stealth.

Overall, your first character no matter the class will have it rough....that's just the nature of making a 1st toon in a game....but if you really want easy leveling, then it's probably better to run as many flashpoints with other players, then it really won't matter what class you choose...well except Vanguard DPS, many players will quit the group if they see a Vanguard DPS LOL...so if you go Vanguard, better go as a tank instead...

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by BadOrb
    Originally posted by Drelkag
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Looks like quite a few people on here haven't been keeping up on SWTOR and it's recent changes. Here's some of the changes made to F2P and preferred restrictions. It might stop the hyperbole a little on here , yeah right.

• Implemented changes to improve the overall experience for Free-To-Play players at early levels:
      • Free-To-Play players can now train Sprint at level 10.
      • Free-To-Play players are now granted the Emergency Fleet Pass ability at level 10.
    • Authorization: Event Equipment Requisition has been removed from the Cartel Market. All players now have access to Event equipment.

• All levels of the Global Legacy Unlock: Fleet Pass have been adjusted:
      • The base cooldown for the Fleet Pass ability is now 9 hours for subscribers.
      • The base cooldown for the Fleet Pass ability is now 12 hours for non-subscribers.
      • Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III now reduce the ability cooldown by 3 hours each.
    • All levels of the Global Legacy Unlock: Legacy Travel and the Quick Travel ability have been adjusted:
      • The base cooldown for subscribers is now 25 minutes.
      • The base cooldown for non-subscribers is now 45 minutes.
      • Legacy Travel I, II, and III now reduce the ability cooldown by 5 minutes each.
    Also you can play the game fully through to the end without paying a penny , it might be tougher than if you were a subb , but it is possible. Not sure about all this mentality in saying , I want to play for free but it's too restrictive , purely insane. It's free use your head buy carp off the GTN and get on with it.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

And they're removing the limit on Warzones for F2P too. Huge restriction lifted.

Edit: Has someone really been on this board posting the same negativity for 2 years? For the few months I've been here I've noticed quite a lot of the complaining and such from the orange cat but 2 years? Really? No offense to anyone but I dunno what to think about that.

yeah I was going to mention that one coming early October in 2.4. As for the negativity , well the orange cat got upset about something to do with the game maybe the Freemium conversion or something else. As to the others well some are upset SWG got shut down and I actually only joined this site because i kept reading absolute rubbish on here so I had to chime in and join. iv'e only been here 8 months so not sure if it's been a whole 2 years of a lot of negative posters as such.

i was also going to add that on my first 2 -3 characters I never ever had any credits above 300 k ever! I also witnessed the horrible bugs that cost me a hell of a lot to repair , the one on tatooine where you go back there later on on the trooper with the ship capsules opening omg it gliched really bad 23 k repair costs every few mins. That trooper btw ended up getting to 50 with only 125 k credits to his name , so I'm sure the freebies can do it and i hardly ever used the GTN if at all..

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Oh BabOrb, really?  2 years,?  Look at my join date, don't join the anti-hate hate train!  I'm < 2 yrs.

For my reasons, I bought the CE for SWOT, so you know.  Also I supported this game way before launch.  I even went so far as to criticize people who didn't support SWTOR. (hindsight is 20/20)

But those aren't my reasons.  My reasons were SWTOR would provide an immersive world I could enjoy, a game that would trump WoW.  IN A SW UNIVERSE !!  Who could deny that as something ..

And if you don't understand that statement, you don't realize how people felt before launch.

SWTOR launched ..

Fun game .. it was apparent that the game was full of bugs .. like getting stuck on a small rock on the first visit to a new planet.  Gathering nodes were bugged, friends could log on because of technical difficulties ..

I really don't like getting stuck on dry Earth.

But .. that was experienced AFTER I made multiple posts about not being about to log onto the game at all...  my client would just crash.  If was only the community (with identical problems) that helped this situation.  Delete a folder and relaunch the game. 

Over the next 2 years, I had multiple tickets .. and only maybe 20% got answered.  I ask things like why Did I lose a mount I bought?  But, those just get ignored, while I only get responses for why an item in my inventory does not match what it was supposed to me ... "Thank you for contacting us.  We value your feedback.  We have taken note at this time.  We Can't comment any further."  FTW.

And, you might be right, I hate the cash-shop.  It's kind of an anti-climax, since I think readers already knew.  A complete interesting observation.. this game could be awesome ... yet it has a cashshop to advance the founders $$ pockets (without giving the players anything back).

Sorry been busy last few days didn't realise you replied. I never said you where negative for 2 years and yeah you joined about 11 months ago. I'm not joining any train mate. Some other posters have been negative a lot longer than you. I wanted the game to be very good and be very popular , maybe not to wow's exact numbers but yeah a few million , but alas it wasn't to be and tbh I don't really like cash shops or F2P games really. Well it's the only sci-fi mmo out there for me atm , not interested in WS , the repopulation ( no leveling ) , eve ( looks like an accounting piece of software , ugh those menus ) or another up and coming mmo I forget the name. So it's all I have until PSO2. Still so I got is SWTOR , it's fun and pretty good really , but of course a little short.

No harm intended mate.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

Too funny, I literally came to this forum to post the exact same thing.  I waited for a year on purpose before trying this thing out because I wanted to enjoy it, not beta test it.  I've been enjoying it every time I log in, and just this evening before work I was ready to open my wallet and dump a little change into it.

The free to play mode is painful though LOL.  How you gonna make me buy a hotbar?  Worse even, if I subcribe I get the hotbars with the subscription, but if I stop subscribing I lose them again.  Better to not subscribe and just buy what you need then?  I'm still working that out.

Otherwise I have been having a great time.  This game solves one of the problems I have had with MMO's since nearly the beginning, it provides an actual DM, in the form of the cut-scenes, to help give purpose to the things you are doing.  Sure makes kill x a lot more fun for sure.  Some may disagree I'm sure, but I'm digging it.

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by jesad

Too funny, I literally came to this forum to post the exact same thing.  I waited for a year on purpose before trying this thing out because I wanted to enjoy it, not beta test it.  I've been enjoying it every time I log in, and just this evening before work I was ready to open my wallet and dump a little change into it.

The free to play mode is painful though LOL.  How you gonna make me buy a hotbar?  Worse even, if I subcribe I get the hotbars with the subscription, but if I stop subscribing I lose them again.  Better to not subscribe and just buy what you need then?  I'm still working that out.

Otherwise I have been having a great time.  This game solves one of the problems I have had with MMO's since nearly the beginning, it provides an actual DM, in the form of the cut-scenes, to help give purpose to the things you are doing.  Sure makes kill x a lot more fun for sure.  Some may disagree I'm sure, but I'm digging it.

I think most people would agree that the leveling aspect of the game is actually pretty well done, especially if you like cut-scenes and story.   The problem is what to do after the leveling. The game engine doesn't allow for large-scale PvP, and the small scale PvP gets repetitive and with small battles the class imbalances become a big problem.

While many hate the cash shop, frankly it's what's keeping the servers from shutting down.  Without F2P and the cash shop, this game would be down to probably 2 servers and new content would become a thing of the past.

• bobdole1979bobdole1979 Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by jesad

best thing would be subscribe and get the free cartel coins (don't forget to add the free security key you get another 100 cartel coins for that)  Then use those coins to unlock everything you need/want.

Or just buy everything you need off the GTN.   That's something no other MMO does which actually makes SWTORs model one of the best.  You can unlock everything with out paying a single penny.