Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P -> P2P

NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

http://allods.gpotato.com/news/2013/08/02/allods-online-roadmap-letter-from-the-producer/

Surprised there wasn't more talk about this.  The thing that killed allods for me personally was how cash shop dependent it really was if you ever wanted to do something like pvp.  Now either way it wasn't the most amazing game ever though imo.

Basically their opening up a sub based server based on success with one in russia.

Comments

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Nice move.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Really not a single comment from the F2P zealots.  I'm surprised.
  • SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109

Surprised? Really? Don't be, Allods Online is old news, as is the indisputable fact that it's a strictly Pay-to-Win title.

Personally, I spent my outrage on that game years ago, back when the whole "essence" or whatever it was (been too long since I played) completely decimated the community opinion... then it was the crystal chips for runes... then the item durability and death-debuff... then the ship components... and, to this day, endgame guilds still require you to possess certain items from the cash shop merely to join, much less survive in a raid.

Why the surprise? If anything, perhaps a Pay-to-Play server will bring some equality to the players.

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

A last gasp of a game that can't admit its greed suicided it years ago.

They would have done better if they re-launched it on Steam. 

The roadmap is a waste of time because there is no community left and those that have moved on won't come back to a game that is so cash dependent and outrageously greedy.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Actually I could go back. If only they provided OS X client or allowed Wine wrappers with some decent performance. But then since neither is going to happens then I guess I'm not going back. Community asked for p2p server years ago, they really should've listen THEN.
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Game was actually pretty awesome when it came out, like most the cash shop ruined it for me (most F2P games). So interesting move. We'll see what happens.
  • mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191
    I've always felt that this game could have easily been a sub based game, given the amount of polish and uniqueness of story. I probably would not be willing to pay 14.99 a month, mind you, but if the price is right I could see myself going back to this game and playing on the sub server for a month, just to see how the game changes without the cash shop constantly gouging you. 
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Yeah... this game I had some fun on but the cash shop focus... to the point you bought from cash shop or went no where was very retarded. Their 'dailies let you do it' work around was just clumsy and very unfun. 
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Well I probably would go back to at least check it out if they did it like 2 years ago or provided Mac client. Overally good changes (mount leveling though should be just adjusted not removed)