Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's funny how there are so many FFXI guild threads....

When there aren't even any guilds in FFXI. There are linkshells, which are SIMILAR, but not the same thing really. And there there's parties (6 people) and alliances (3 parties of up to 6 people each). I don't know where everyone is getting the idea that there are guilds in FFXI though...unless I missed some big part of FFXI info, but I'm pretty sure I'm right about this.

Comments

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

well guilds are kind of a default thing in mmorpgs... and theres only 1 thread about a ffxi thread.

*edit*

err... 2 ::=^~::

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467

Originally posted by SatansDisciple

well guilds are kind of a default thing in mmorpgs...

Exactly, in our group "guild" is being used in a context defined as simply a group of people hunting/exploring together.  And just because a game doesn't have guild written into its program, there's nothing keeping a group of individuals from forming this type of group and calling it such outside of the game. 

It's simply a way to get a jump on makeing bonds/hunting groups with other players.  To the original poster, thanks for giving the correct term for the grouping in FFXI- oh btw anyone wanna join our GUILD?!!

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."