Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Not Download this

MaldrekMaldrek Member UncommonPosts: 14
I wanted to check it out  cause well pirate ships and cannons you can't go wrong there....Oh i got the game and quite a bit of malware to go with it two days now and i have not managed to get every last bit of it yet .I don't know what portalus games is trying to pull but i will be red flaging them on every site i canimage

Comments

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

That's crazy.  Might be good to contact them. 

I play and even reinstalled just two days ago, and have absolutely no problems.  I also do regular virus scans.  I've never had any kind of problem with this game. 

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Corehaven

I play and even reinstalled just two days ago, and have absolutely no problems.  I also do regular virus scans.  I've never had any kind of problem with this game. 

Do you use something like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for the adware,malware,etc scans? Regular AVs don't pick everything up just so you know (especially adware).

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Do you use something like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for the adware,malware,etc scans? Regular AVs don't pick everything up just so you know (especially adware).

I typically do an Avast boot time scan.  About once a week.  That's the only way I scan.  Before Windows entirely loads it runs a long scan and it allows it to scan every single file. 

No I don't use much of anything else. 

• PanopeiaPanopeia Member Posts: 31

I typically do an Avast boot time scan.  About once a week.  That's the only way I scan.  Before Windows entirely loads it runs a long scan and it allows it to scan every single file. 

And there is your problem... avast :O

anyhow you need to use a good anti v and a good malware tool one after the other.

your shit you got on ur pc 99% came from bad care on your part with what you install via installers, i.e not reading what the hell you are clicking on, not unchecking checkboxes with the installer and other neferious things you get up to..

you dont just get crap on the pc from installing a well known game thats been around a while without doing something retarded.

• potbellypotbelly Member Posts: 4
    Was that a Portalus owner that just cussed you. LOL he was out for murder. How dare you bad mouth Portalus. They ban people  and censor remarks like yours on Portalus  official Forum.
  • skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by Panopeia

anyhow you need to use a good anti v and a good malware tool one after the other.

your shit you got on ur pc 99% came from bad care on your part with what you install via installers, i.e not reading what the hell you are clicking on, not unchecking checkboxes with the installer and other neferious things you get up to..

you dont just get crap on the pc from installing a well known game thats been around a while without doing something retarded.

Somewhere along this, i think you got  confused. The guy you replied to (the one using Avast) is not the guy who got the Malware flag (the OP). OP hasn't said anything about which software flagged the game as Malware.

To OP: A well know game wouldn't simply contain a malware. Malwares get lots of fake flags so it might not even be one. Check up or something. Sometime ago, even Valve's Dota 2 was getting fake flags from a certain anti-virus (can't recall which one).

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by skyline385
    Originally posted by Panopeia

Somewhere along this, i think you got  confused. The guy you replied to (the one using Avast) is not the guy who got the Malware flag (the OP). OP hasn't said anything about which software flagged the game as Malware.

To OP: A well know game wouldn't simply contain a malware. Malwares get lots of fake flags so it might not even be one. Check up or something. Sometime ago, even Valve's Dota 2 was getting fake flags from a certain anti-virus (can't recall which one).

I'm afraid that's not true.  I have installed a number of F2P type video games with "add ons" for marketing reasons that many would call adware or malware.  It's all in the TOS so I guess the companies feel it's ok but you should always be careful when installing a video game especially from what I would call the non AAA F2P titles that the company didn't decide to augment their revenue streams by "bundling" other things on top of their software.

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

I once installed a anti malaware program and it came to the conclusion that every game I had, had malaware and it removed every .exe file from every game I had installed :)

That sucked :)

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by Beelzebobbie

I once installed a anti malaware program and it came to the conclusion that every game I had, had malaware and it removed every .exe file from every game I had installed :)

That sucked :)

Yep, that does sound like your typical Internet security software. I just stopped using them years ago. I have used a PC for over a decade now and i can easily tell what's a virus/malware and what's not. I haven't had a virus in my PC for ages now and the only time i reinstall Windows is when it starts to feel sluggish because of the plethora of softwares i install affecting the registry.