Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else been waiting for a good game based of the LotRO IP?

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
Lord of the Rings is a great IP to work with... Or so you'd think, but for some reason no one has really managed to make a great game out of it. I've been waiting for a while for a great RPG to be made out of it but none has come along... Hopefully we'll see one in the next few years but I'm not very optimistic about it.

Smile

Comments

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    There was one in the works.  A Middle Earth mod for Oblivion and eventually Skyrim.  Unfortunately the devs got a cease and desist order from Warner Bros.  I actually enjoyed War of the North and Guardians of Middle Earth is a decent MOBA.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Ravenmane
    There was one in the works.  A Middle Earth mod for Oblivion and eventually Skyrim.  Unfortunately the devs got a cease and desist order from Warner Bros.  I actually enjoyed War of the North and Guardians of Middle Earth is a decent MOBA.

I don't understand Warner Bros... They have some of the best IPs and treat them like crap.

Smile

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    A 2 faction lotr mmo would be awesome. And a 4 faction Harry Potter one too.
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Lord of the Rings is a great IP to work with... Or so you'd think, but for some reason no one has really managed to make a great game out of it. I've been waiting for a while for a great RPG to be made out of it but none has come along... Hopefully we'll see one in the next few years but I'm not very optimistic about it.

You have one right here:

http://www.lotro.com/en