Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth still isn't worth playing.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

So I have done my sweep of all F2P Games I have previously played on the internet to determine if any are worth playing, Fallen Earth is absolutely the worst MMO out there still and not worth playing. I Have read a few topics on these forums saying save Fallen Earth, but Fallen Earth is beyond saving in the hands of Gamers First, I will give my Top reasons why I don't play Fallen Earth, and yes I put over $100+ into Fallen Earth, Paid for a 6 month subscription and quit in less than like 2 months I lost my money because of Gamers First and their ignorance.

1. Fallen Earth is a sandbox MMO so players should be allowed to respec as much as they want for FREE, but wrong, even as a paying subscriber you have to pay around 1500 Gold I think it is to respec each time basically you cant customize character training you are stuck by a few different paths you can take can't even try out all PVP Builds.

Dark Fall & EVE Online are true sandbox MMO's that allow you to use any PVP build you like unlimited training.

2. Griefing/Player Harassment.

This is the reason I quit Fallen Earth and did not return, after checking the players/clan that did nothing but harassment the last months I was in Fallen Earth I believe the clan finally disbanded or merged with another, however in PVP zones and facts the Devs have left on Friendly Fire, its not such a bad thing I love and enjoy PVP and like same faction PVP, but when you are playing it from a faction vs faction point of view friendly fire allows griefing of any player for any reason such as clan KOS list, and making a KOS list simply for not playing by their rules.

Fallen Earth Developers have what is called Hazmat members basically volunteer players who answer players questions and so on well the players who did the harassment from this clan were friends with the GM's I managed to get my account banned from all Gamers First games for 7 full days simply for being baited by a griefer/owner of the clan Exile into a racist discussion, where I never used any racist language in public chat, No warning even after spending over $100 + Subscription to the game.

In APB reloaded, I have seen people use Swastikas, say the racist N word, and never get suspended unless of course they used it directed in hate towards other players but still this is worse than anything I said in Fallen Earth that got me a 7 day ban from all games no warning.

3. Gamers First Customer Service.

Is Pathetic, after cotnacting them about the ban and with the amount of money I spent in APB reloaded + Fallen Earth, and never ever been suspended before they refused to review anything.

4. Hackers Galore

Yes it is true, when I played Fallen Earth members from the clan that was harassing were using Aimbot's/MultiHacks in PVP and I bet it still goes on.

5. My advise as of checking out Fallen Earth today, Avoid this game its not worth the money or saving the game at least not in Gamers First's hands. Fallen Earth could be a great game, but it needs new development and changes along with giving more for the buck for actual pay 2 play users.

6. What would make me return to Fallen Earth.

1. A Redesign of some of the in game abilities.

2. Give Mutants actual Damage/spells balanced out.

3. Give unlimited respecs free to all subscribers at least.

I would recommend DarkFall any day over Fallen Earth, and why?

1. Some people complain Dark Fall as a game is buggy as hell, true it has its bug, but compared to launch the game has improved quite a bit, of course Dark Fall is a memory hog so any old system not running at least 1 GB + Graphics ram 2GB Free of memory + spare for OS, and so on will not get that great performance out of the game.

However it is still the best PVP game because its based on Territory and full PVP unlike Gamers First has done with Fallen Earth and factions where you can be spawn camped for hours, if this happens to you in DarkFall all you have to do is petition a GM and they will respawn you in a safe zone.

2.Hackers are dealt with.

http://www.unholybanhammer.com compared to Gamers First hackers are called out by AV.

Bottom Line to this post, Gamers First, is one of the worst gaming companies out there, APB Reloaded,  is another game that in my opinion has went down the garbage because of Gamers First, I love APB reloaded great game, Gamers First Sucks however, and the population of APB reloaded declined big times. Sure APB reloaded is likely the best game with actual respectful GM's who wont instant ban for simple adult language for example, and sure its over priced, but still it isn't what it could be and was when Gamers First released the game in BETA.

If I had the money, and Development Team I could make both these games and their populations increease very big and still make profit while offering both full PVP zones and non full PVP zones in Fallen Earth for example.

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

dont know what to say. I stopped playing APB for two reasons, 1) aimbots, 2) non open world sucks. This instanced district things are not for me.

Then i stopped playing FE because the combat is clunky and unpolished as hell, both melee and shooting. If they redesign the entire combat i could play FE again. APB has no second chance from me with its instanced world.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by rojo6934

dont know what to say. I stopped playing APB for two reasons, 1) aimbots, 2) non open world sucks. This instanced district things are not for me.

Then i stopped playing FE because the combat is clunky and unpolished as hell, both melee and shooting. If they redesign the entire combat i could play FE again. APB has no second chance from me with its instanced world.

absolutely this. its one of the main reasons i just couldn't  play anymore.

that and an inbred community comprised of cliques all trying to gain GM faction.

/sadpanda

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    The game really needs to be either be shut down, or totally remade. I cant imagine there are more than 100 paying customers.
    Hachlath
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I loved APB but hackers drove me away.  I could never get into FE very much as it just seemed clunky and most of the time my crafting queue was filled up just making ammo.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Darkfall UW rocks, even though the graphics aren't great it's way better than I though and better than fallen earth.
  • RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    I enjoyed FE during beta and initial release.  I think the game could use an overhaul (i.e. FFXIV remake).  It has a great concept but unfortunately the community is rough and has an unfair advantage to newer players.  As far as DF UW goes there are still hacks people use for tracking players.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    I agree 
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by rojo6934

These are the main reasons I don't play both also. I love the concept and crafting/gathering in FE but the combat is so bad not to mention the mob rubber banding that it just isn't worth playing.

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

All MMORPG PvP is grief oriented and sucks, so why cry about it?

Paying to play doesn't enable you to be a jerk, a racist, or any other type of slime.  Seemingly attempting to justify your own apparent poor behaviors by saying you get away with it in other games or that others get away with it in any game is pretty weak and sad.

Whether the game is good or not you kind of paint yourself to be about as quality as the game you complain about.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

"yes I put over $100+ into Fallen Earth, Paid for a 6 month subscription and quit in less than like 2 months I lost my money because of Gamers First and their ignorance."

You lost your money because youre a bunny. Or in the inner circle of the friends I had playing EVE you were a Mark. He was a guy who jumped at everything new and then complained he got cheated in vent to everyone.

"I got ripped by SWG, that game sucked", "I got ripped off by Mythic, WAR sucked", "I got ripped, PotBS blew" till finally we just said "You got ripped 'cause youre stupid."

And he either smarted up or he shut up about telling us how everything he tried sucked.

So to you I say "Mark quit being a bunny."

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Combat is pretty bad in my opinion. I like the vision they had for the game butt he combat just kills any enjoyment for me when I tried it.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Voqar

All MMORPG PvP is grief oriented and sucks, so why cry about it?

Paying to play doesn't enable you to be a jerk, a racist, or any other type of slime.  Seemingly attempting to justify your own apparent poor behaviors by saying you get away with it in other games or that others get away with it in any game is pretty weak and sad.

Whether the game is good or not you kind of paint yourself to be about as quality as the game you complain about.

Pretty much what I would say to the OP as well.  Mods in the help channel are pretty strict I got daily mutes more than once, but I agree that is what has to be done.  When the mods or GM's weren't around the help channel became totally useless with all the idiots.

OP, If you were making any kind of racist comment, baited or not, you broke the EULA and deserved what you got.

As for the game itself I enjoyed maxing out a char.  I didn't PvP and after hearing some stories here and hearing some ingame ones I just can't be bothered.    Expecting a free respec just seems ridiculous to me too.  I agree the combat is a bit clunky but the shooting can still be fun.   The problem with the combat is basically just the mob AI.  It is nonexistent.   Mobs will just stand around waiting to be headshot.  Just a matter of watching your aggro and picking them off.   If they would at least take cover instead of blindly running into your bullets, the game might have more appeal there. I did enjoy the raids though !   All in all if you aren't too serious about PvP,  and enjoy sandbox elements in your MMO, then FE has a lot to offer.  Community may not be the best but I found plenty of people I enjoyed playing with in the game.  It is all one big server so anyone who says there are only a 100 people playing is clueless.  Lots of regulars and lots of drifters but you get that with any game.  And the best part is, this is a game you can play in its entirety ABSOLUTELY FREE!    One of the least Pay2win games I have played.  

Still looking for another game that I enjoy as much as I enjoyed this one.  FE hit a lot of the right buttons for me and I still play a second toon occasionaly.  Gets a B+ and almost an A-  from me.   Its a game you either love or hate, but still a good game overall, compared to the usual fluff.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• CIB3CIB3 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by Renoaku

So I have done my sweep of all F2P Games I have previously played on the internet to determine if any are worth playing, Fallen Earth is absolutely the worst MMO out there still and not worth playing. I Have read a few topics on these forums saying save Fallen Earth, but Fallen Earth is beyond saving in the hands of Gamers First, I will give my Top reasons why I don't play Fallen Earth, and yes I put over $100+ into Fallen Earth, Paid for a 6 month subscription and quit in less than like 2 months I lost my money because of Gamers First and their ignorance.

1. Fallen Earth is a sandbox MMO so players should be allowed to respec as much as they want for FREE, but wrong, even as a paying subscriber you have to pay around 1500 Gold I think it is to respec each time basically you cant customize character training you are stuck by a few different paths you can take can't even try out all PVP Builds.

Dark Fall & EVE Online are true sandbox MMO's that allow you to use any PVP build you like unlimited training.

2. Griefing/Player Harassment.

This is the reason I quit Fallen Earth and did not return, after checking the players/clan that did nothing but harassment the last months I was in Fallen Earth I believe the clan finally disbanded or merged with another, however in PVP zones and facts the Devs have left on Friendly Fire, its not such a bad thing I love and enjoy PVP and like same faction PVP, but when you are playing it from a faction vs faction point of view friendly fire allows griefing of any player for any reason such as clan KOS list, and making a KOS list simply for not playing by their rules.

Fallen Earth Developers have what is called Hazmat members basically volunteer players who answer players questions and so on well the players who did the harassment from this clan were friends with the GM's I managed to get my account banned from all Gamers First games for 7 full days simply for being baited by a griefer/owner of the clan Exile into a racist discussion, where I never used any racist language in public chat, No warning even after spending over $100 + Subscription to the game.

In APB reloaded, I have seen people use Swastikas, say the racist N word, and never get suspended unless of course they used it directed in hate towards other players but still this is worse than anything I said in Fallen Earth that got me a 7 day ban from all games no warning.

3. Gamers First Customer Service.

Is Pathetic, after cotnacting them about the ban and with the amount of money I spent in APB reloaded + Fallen Earth, and never ever been suspended before they refused to review anything.

4. Hackers Galore

Yes it is true, when I played Fallen Earth members from the clan that was harassing were using Aimbot's/MultiHacks in PVP and I bet it still goes on.

5. My advise as of checking out Fallen Earth today, Avoid this game its not worth the money or saving the game at least not in Gamers First's hands. Fallen Earth could be a great game, but it needs new development and changes along with giving more for the buck for actual pay 2 play users.

6. What would make me return to Fallen Earth.

1. A Redesign of some of the in game abilities.

2. Give Mutants actual Damage/spells balanced out.

3. Give unlimited respecs free to all subscribers at least.

I would recommend DarkFall any day over Fallen Earth, and why?

1. Some people complain Dark Fall as a game is buggy as hell, true it has its bug, but compared to launch the game has improved quite a bit, of course Dark Fall is a memory hog so any old system not running at least 1 GB + Graphics ram 2GB Free of memory + spare for OS, and so on will not get that great performance out of the game.

However it is still the best PVP game because its based on Territory and full PVP unlike Gamers First has done with Fallen Earth and factions where you can be spawn camped for hours, if this happens to you in DarkFall all you have to do is petition a GM and they will respawn you in a safe zone.

2.Hackers are dealt with.

http://www.unholybanhammer.com compared to Gamers First hackers are called out by AV.

Bottom Line to this post, Gamers First, is one of the worst gaming companies out there, APB Reloaded,  is another game that in my opinion has went down the garbage because of Gamers First, I love APB reloaded great game, Gamers First Sucks however, and the population of APB reloaded declined big times. Sure APB reloaded is likely the best game with actual respectful GM's who wont instant ban for simple adult language for example, and sure its over priced, but still it isn't what it could be and was when Gamers First released the game in BETA.

If I had the money, and Development Team I could make both these games and their populations increease very big and still make profit while offering both full PVP zones and non full PVP zones in Fallen Earth for example.

1. Partially true. You can buy respec item from AH for app 30-40 red chips.

2. True... And the comunity is really bad in present.

3. I don't know. In past, one year ago, they solved me a problem fast and they was ok.

4. Really, really TRUE!!!  Only Aimbots users in end game PVP. As honest player, without any aim bot, you have absolutely no chance in fight against these old and "skilled" players. All major clans use aimbots.

Plus..

5. At lvl 55, max lvl, you have nothing to do in this game, except some PVP, where you find only aim bot  users and hackers. PVE don't exist.

In fact Fallen earth is now just a bunch of old players, all cheating in PVP and griefing new players in low lvl zones (they use low lvl alts with same aim bot activated). Population is under 3-400 active players.

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Downloaded it yesterday to see what has changed and behold not much still needs alot of polish. but no need in going into detail most of you know this. I submitted a ticket the first hour and at this time still no word. I had hope for a better world map but that hasnt happened. If someone else took over and really polished it this game could rock I do like the concept but it just doesnt have that meat for staying power
  • NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318

From my observation, the update that implimented G.O.R.E. unwittingly initiated the begining of the end for FE's pvp community. It was hella overpowered and the vet community had to be nerfed to oblivion and back when entering the classic lower leveled areas -- that is what killed the adventure and spontaneity of the overland pvp.

FE is fundamentally such a grand mmo; my desire is another company would claim it and make the many marginal adjustments needed.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by NagilumSadow

From my observation, the update that implimented G.O.R.E. unwittingly initiated the begining of the end for FE's pvp community. It was hella overpowered and the vet community had to be nerfed to oblivion and back when entering the classic lower leveled areas -- that is what killed the adventure and spontaneity of the overland pvp.

FE is fundamentally such a grand mmo; my desire is another company would claim it and make the many marginal adjustments needed.

I agree, FE certainly had a lot of the fundamentals right.   Its the main reason I still enjoy the game and continue to play it as F2P.

Unfortunately, many people break games down into the pieces that they want, and throw away the rest.  If those pieces don't measure up, then the baby goes out with the bathwater.   The OP in this post certainly seems one of those types.   I have never heard anyone complain of hackers in FE.   And yes he is correct about the faction griefing, but since that is PvP and PvP is all about griefing I really could not care less.  Blame the players not the game.

I will say that in my recent time in FE, the GM's seem to be very conspicuously absent from any moderation.   It has certainly resulted in a bit of the wild west feel coming back to the help channel, and the idiots are gaining a foothold.  It could be a bad sign for the future of this game I am afraid.  Just my opinion, but I am thinking that there is possibly a time frame for this game to end in the near future. 

Gonna play it while I can, warts and all.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• jamvarujamvaru Member UncommonPosts: 9

lol, rubber-banding npc's, nuff said

i am playing it right now, after a long while off, and it caught my interest for a little bit, but now the crafting is getting kind of dull and slow, and i'm finding myself here reading bad reviews and agreeing

i was considering paying $5 for 'freemium', but now i just don't want to; what do you get?  3 queue crafting instead of 1 queue, some 'bonus' items, typical extra exp, etc. currency cap lifted, idk, not much really; was also looking at buying 'blood sports' on ebay for about $5, which gives you 30 days, maybe; can't get a confirmation on that, even in game help chat.

so, basically; it is a curio, a store-front oddity, waiting for the right rich guy to buy it and develop it properly

i'm still playing it right now, but will probably quit in a little while and not go back to it for another year or maybe less.  Anyway, glhf :)

i am REALLY enjoying warface, though; just spent $15 on that with no regrets (got a 20% discount voucher as a daily log-in reward)

also spent money on LOTRO (but just quit DDO for the laaaassst time, for real this time, deleted all toons, sad, like a money-pit, lost plenty on that game) but i'm liking LOTRO, for now; will buy the 4-pack eventually

rift is ok, spent some money on it, not much; same with defiance (about $2 i think, for box game)

idk which other game to talk about right now, but warface definately is fun; i'll spend more eventually (only need it for colors and frame/weapon slots)

but Fallen EArth?  i will probably spend $5 on it someday, but not today, and not in the near future

if onlyl they would really upgrade it

[after playing a while yesterday, i came to the conclusion it IS really bad; the combat is just trash, like 8-bit trash, with a 3d-vr makeover, but same 8-bit combat mechanics; it is about as thrilling in combat as the game 'COMBAT', the atari 8-bit tank game; the 'mutation' abilities are just 'meh', for want of a better word; really, it deserves no more mention;

I even went to the trouble of making a 'leveling guide' for newbies who want to go through and pick up all the 'unique' items and easy armor and weapon upgrades that can be found around the starting and low level areas in the south of the plateau, but now I don't even want to do that, nor go to the next level and begin my quest to 'build my own ATV', lol, which I know to be a joke device about as good as the starter horse they give you at level 1 or 2; so, I did all the Midway quests, made my 'leveling guide', and went to bed; when I awoke, i just didn't care to play it anymore

oh, and there was never any more than about 50 players online max, and about 15 when i went to bed, nobody higher than level 11, if that; so, people come over and try to make a character and get to the point I am at and just give up, it is so bad;

what is the worst about it is how the diehard level 55 trolls and the level NOT yet 55 troll wannabes bully the newbies in chat and actually tell them to quit playing, that they don't care what the newbies have to say and wish they would just leave; it is kind of amazing really to see such a degraded game psychology present in the continuing players

tip:  for those who want to give it a try anyway... change your default chat type from /help to /region immediately upon character creation so you don't 'spam' the help chat and get yourself yelled at and/or 'muted'; the last thing i heard before i signed off, with a little friendly banter that got squelched fairly quickly, something like, "social chatting in help chat is a mutable offense", as if i had broken the law or something heinous... at any rate, it seems some games DO deserve to die, not because they suck, but because the people in charge of them suck; if only they would just sell out and let someone else have a crack at it, or maybe make it an open source project, which i'm sure some people would be happy with, even me.

good day, and may the better game be with you

now, to sign into warface and get my daily bonus :)

lol

]

;>