Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No cash shop for ESO

2»

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

I thought what they announced was that people would be able to purchase additional "cosmetic" items and "some services". Which wouldn't be a "cash shop" in the F2P sense but more like what WoW have.

Interesting they should bother to "clarify" things though - perhaps they have been surprised by the comments surrounding their announcement that they will be limiting sales by having a subscription.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Generally speaking it's usually the publishers and not the developers who decide a game's price model.

I realize that ESO is being created and published by the same parent company but it's not like Matt Firor is the one who makes these types of decisions.

Also, if there's one thing that I've learned about these people, it's that they DO listen to their consumer base. If Sub + Cash shop is seen by gamers as the horrible thing that it is, I seriously doubt that it will make it into the final game. 

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Slip of the tongue?

i think they just got scared by all the negative emotions, they truely listen to players... And they can allways add a cashshop a year or so after release..

But so far, this is good news.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

I'm just happy they are going with sub.

The F2P'ers are annoying and I'm glad they'll be forced into another game.

So this news about cash shop, fine by me.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • ThanicThanic Member Posts: 2

http://www.twitch.tv/questgamingnetwork/b/456956156

At About 10:15 into the video Paul Sage answers the cash shop question!

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    The good thing about a sub at the start is...we can continue to pay it if it does go cash shop(F2P) I know I will. I like having all content available to me and to play as much or as little as I wish.

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by Stone_Fountain
    The good thing about a sub at the start is...we can continue to pay it if it does go cash shop(F2P) I know I will. I like having all content available to me and to play as much or as little as I wish.

Isn't it funny we as subbers are always running away from the F2P? :)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

I am referencing what Sony said at the PS4 reveal. They specifically said that games with a subscription will not need PS+ and F2P games will not require it either. They also mentioned that any game where Sony was not the ones providing the servers that the developer / publisher could bypass PS+ if they chose too.

Not how I remember it: http://kotaku.com/ps4-video-says-playstation-plus-is-mandatory-for-online-512482325

You got a link that says the opposite?

what was said 4 days after the sony E3 conference

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/ps4-publishers-decide-if-free-to-play-multiplayer-requires-ps-plus/

SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed the news with Polygon.

“As far as free-to-play games are concerned, it’s a publisher’s decision whether they put it inside or outside of the PlayStation Plus requirements,” he said.

The news came following word that Sony Online Entertainment’s two PlayStation 4 MMOs, DC Universe Online and Planetside 2, won’t require PlayStation Plus subscriptions.