Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERRA LANDING ZONE W.I.P. video - Feels quite Star Wars :)

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaFSd-ezQc

It's an early W.I.P. but already, its got me thinking 'THIS is what I was a Star Wars MMORPG were like... all the features of this game sound just great.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Yeah... I don't really get the people complaining it's too "big". This is Terra... It's supposed to be big in every conceivable way. Other places will look very different. I expect to see some really amazing stuff come from the FPS team they've got.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Yeah... I don't really get the people complaining it's too "big". This is Terra... It's supposed to be big in every conceivable way. Other places will look very different. I expect to see some really amazing stuff come from the FPS team they've got.

Bren

The FPS  team has it's hands full if the movement animations are any indications. Currently the  movement WASD, sucks. ( but this is an alpha demonstrator ) It's overly linear and doesn't flow. For FPS that's a fail. On the bright side the introduction of the FPS should force work on improving this.  So, hopefully we won't be forced to suffer it much longer.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

The FPS  team has it's hands full if the movement animations are any indications. Currently the  movement WASD, sucks. ( but this is an alpha demonstrator ) It's overly linear and doesn't flow. For FPS that's a fail. On the bright side the introduction of the FPS should force work on improving this.  So, hopefully we won't be forced to suffer it much longer.

The WASD movement we are getting now was programmed by the Austin team... not the FPS team. If you watch the Terra video you'll notice the movement seems a lot tighter and not so "Floatie" like the Hangar movement is.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    When I first seen this I thought swg to be honest. Don't know why but sense Roberts had his hands in the space combat (which i did love in swg btw) I find allot of simularities in all his games. In anycase I look forward to it for sure.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"