Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tequatl Rising gameplay

KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVuhltsBoM

I believe this will drop on the 17th, along with the LFG tool. Personally this is how boss fights should be. Dynamic. I still remember how I was wierded out when I first encountered him, because I expected him to move at least through the entire zone (since he has wings and he's in an open area). Suffice to say I was disappointed and never bothered to revisit him. I think this is a step forward, and I want to see more bosses play out like this. More complex mechanics to directly and indirectly combat the boss, and discourage zerging.

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Holy crap, that looks amazing. The fact that they actually failed it (badly) shows that there's real challenges ahead.

Mini-tequatl! I want one.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

They're finally buffing those dragon fights :o?

Been waiting for this since release - this is awesome news to me

I remember that I once 3 manned this guy - Was extremely easy, and with this update it seems that it won't be possible anymore, which is really great news to me, not to mention that there's more stuff to be aware of rather than just standing there and hitting his face for as long as it takes to down him.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

On one hand I agree that this stuff will finally be to the level it should have been at the release.

On the other hand I can see that if these boss fights have been hard from the beginning there would have been loads of QQ.

I was there when Arenanet nerfed the Open World difficulty from the first Open Beta to the second Open Beta based on QQ.

So while it is no doubt it harms the reputation (all dungeons are zerg rez fests - you can't rez anymore in dungeons while your party is fighting -and all open world bosses are auto attack spam zerg fests), I can also see that this might be a better time to increase the difficulty after a large portion of the player base had 1 year to learn the game and increase their skill.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    There could be a downside to this though.  The zerg will just move on to farming other things for less risk.  From what i've read, we might even need around 80 players to do this.
  • SnigerknudSnigerknud Member UncommonPosts: 60

It looks great and all but I think it will be maybe to "hard" and take to much time and then peppl will complain about it.. (QQ)

I know it is to easy now, when you are there to fight it now there are a 100% chance to kill it and get loot

Lets see what happend they can allways nerf it ;P

Originally posted by observer
    There could be a downside to this though.  The zerg will just move on to farming other things for less risk.  From what i've read, we might even need around 80 players to do this.

You will get significant rewards even if you fail.

Like the Scarlet invasions - even close fail rewarded 80-90% of the stuff.

Considering Tequatl can drop backslot skins, minipets, ascended weapons and ascended materials and whatnot, it will be a high priority target.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    I dont do these kind of events too often, but do you still get the same rewards if you just heal and support? or just raise downed players? or do you only get rewards for doing direct damage to these type of bosses?
    Originally posted by ellobo29
    I dont do these kind of events too often, but do you still get the same rewards if you just heal and support? or just raise downed players? or do you only get rewards for doing direct damage to these type of bosses?

As long as you do some damage you will be rewarded the same concerning chests and drops.

Depending on the event capturing some locations or rezzing an important to the event NPC will also give you contribution.

Getting the Gold Medal Rewards seems to be a matter of being there for more than half the event and/or do a few thousand damage to a boss/kill some mob.

• CalypsxCalypsx Member Posts: 38
    Those are some really goofy sonic-esque jumping launch pads. Other than that it looks pretty cool.
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by observer

I don't see that as a downside. The remaining people are likely those with actual interest in playing the encounter.

• KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173

I'm also a bit worried, people won't be interested "because it's too hard". On the other hand, if it scales solidly, you shouldn't need too many people to finish it. What is even worse, it may be, that there will be 40 people, 20 for fight, 20 for loot. And if those 20 "for loot" people just go there and do subpar work, scaling may fail mission whatever the other 20 people do. You can see it anytime at Claw of Jormag, people shooting at him in second phase for 1/10 of damage instead of attacking ice thingies to protect golems.

But hopefully I'm just paranoid and it will work out just fine :)