Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tiny, Illegible Fonts?

Just watched a video from Quakecon (sp?) and a lot of the fonts in the game seem very small and illegible. This is one of my pet peeves with games nowadays that think "minimalist interface" equals "can't read the text." Of course, it is hard to tell from a video as the player could be playing at max resolution which often makes the fonts smaller.

I really hope this isn't the case and the developers have the common sense to make the game fonts readable in all areas. I had to quit The Secret World after just 4 days of play due to severe eyestrain caused by the tiny fonts. The tiny fonts gave me grief in SWTOR as well. Contrast this with GW2 where I can play for weeks without any eyestrain issues because every font everywhere in the game is clear, crisp and sufficiently large to be read without straining.

If this is the case I appeal to the developers to fix this problem before release. Get yourself a graphic design book for $15, read the chapter on fonts, and act accordingly. Stop putting form over function to the point the game becomes dysfunctional.

Comments