Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VG: dev roadmap

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09/06/vanguard-gets-a-development-roadmap/

SOE has issued an upcoming content schedule that includes "major performance upgrades" and the introduction of mentor stones. Said stones will be placed at the entrance to all of Vanguard's dungeons in order to give players the option to set their levels appropriately.

The update post also touches on the Cave of Wonders raid content, which SOE says is now slated to go live via four separate installments. There's more on the schedule, too, but you'll need to head to Vanguard's official website to read it all!

Comments

• page975page975 Member Posts: 312

Well,  too bad Vanguard went F2P.....Now its not worth playing no matter what they do.  Players were screaming for 5 years to fix the game instead they went with marketing.

Thank you SOE marketing $$

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by page975

Well,  too bad Vanguard went F2P.....Now its not worth playing no matter what they do.  Players were screaming for 5 years to fix the game instead they went with marketing.

There have been more updates to the game since it went f2p than the previous 3 years of p2p.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    With all the problems this game presently has, it was never worth a sub. Now if they can fix the performance issues, at least, it might start becoming worth playing.  I keep debating about returning to the game.  This might just convince me to do that.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

There have been more updates to the game since it went f2p than the previous 3 years of p2p.

This ^ . You would have had to play it Page975 to see it. As a quick goto game for me there has been a ton of patches etc.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    all i read in that roadmap is we want to do stuff, not right now, but soon, unless we have to kick the can down the road again for the dozenth time if another soe project decides to pull our devs.
  • icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105

Players screamed for SoE to fix the game 5 years ago.

SoE listened, they fixed game

Players didnt come back

Obviously fixing the game wasnt enough.  

People need to stop being completely (intentionally not) ignorant about the history of VG and all the money SoE lost fixing the game for players who never came back.  Some people incorrectly say that the lack of players was the cause of SoE stopping VG updates, which isnt even remotely true.  its the direct opposite.  SoE stopping updates was the effect of no one playing.

• kolargolkolargol Member UncommonPosts: 9
    This is the best MMORPG I have ever played. No other game I tried even comes close.
  • ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Well, the world moved on while Vanguard rested in a non-developpment-state and now, regardless of some outstanding mechanics, its not a game that is able to attract players galore, alos doubts about ist future wont make it more attractive even there is some death-blossom-development going on.
    The Window of Opportunity is simply not there and SOE wont make a FF14 ARR out of it.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• najob75najob75 Member UncommonPosts: 48

I dont know...

Problem is, all other games look so shallow after Vanguard.

To simple, to easy, to boring.

But there are times, when i need simple game fix which dont need my time and mind, i try those games.

So, there is enough space for all of them to exists.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by kolargol
    This is the best MMORPG I have ever played. No other game I tried even comes close.

Vanguard is one of the few MMOs I play where I actually have to consider whether or not to attack something. In most MMOs, I just mow through a zone without ever really fearing something truly kicking my ass.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre