Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New video interview for Black desert

Hey guys I found a new interview and gameplay of this great game. 

Finally we see a bit of gameplay .

Found at this link:  http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/08/28/black-desert-gameplay-and-interview

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Here too for those not wanting to allow foreign scripts / advertisements

[Gamescom 2013] Black Desert live gameplay and interview

WorldsFactoryTV

Aug 28, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGUMijz2L0

Thanks for the heads-up..

Combat looks really weak.. swing weapon, hit the dodge button, swing weapon .. particle effects, and the zone out/in blur effect is going to get annoying quick.  I would've hope they would go for choreographed combat since this game is high-tech.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Karteli

Here too for those not wanting to allow foreign scripts / advertisements

[Gamescom 2013] Black Desert live gameplay and interview

WorldsFactoryTV

Aug 28, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGUMijz2L0

Thanks for the heads-up..

Combat looks really weak.. swing weapon, hit the dodge button, swing weapon .. particle effects, and the zone out/in blur effect is going to get annoying quick.  I would've hope they would go for choreographed combat since this game is high-tech.

i agree with you on the combat. I am NOT a fan of this action based combat bullshit. Also something i heard in this vid (6:55) was something about worker NPCs harvesting for him and delivering it to his inventory. Im not down with that shit ether. Sounds like some SWTOR nonsense.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Agree with most others. Everything about this game- the landscape, structures, character models, etc-  is beautiful EXCEPT for one major thing:

That action-based combat looks like utter shit and is totally out of place.

It's a shame really. This had the potential to be great, with high marks for stunning visuals, quality realism, and a fantasy style done right. Why did they have to foul it up with that overly-colorful, flashy, speedy, over-the-top, cliched, unrealistic-looking combat that doesn't fit the style of the game at all?

If only they made the combat feel real and visceral!

• FestanoFestano Member Posts: 35
    I disagree, I think the combat looks pretty great. Of coruse it's still early beta and there are some things to be improved, but the road is the right one. The combat systems seems complex and deep.
  • alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by superconducting

Agree with most others. Everything about this game- the landscape, structures, character models, etc-  is beautiful EXCEPT for one major thing:

That action-based combat looks like utter shit and is totally out of place.

It's a shame really. This had the potential to be great, with high marks for stunning visuals, quality realism, and a fantasy style done right. Why did they have to foul it up with that overly-colorful, flashy, speedy, over-the-top, cliched, unrealistic-looking combat that doesn't fit the style of the game at all?

If only they made the combat feel real and visceral!

It's hardly that over-the-top.  I'm fairly hard to please, aesthetically speaking, & yet even I personally have no problem with the combat system in Black Deserts being the way it is.  I suppose they could tone it down a notch, but it seems fine to me all the same.  Maybe I've played too many trashy MMOs (fireworks displays for every attack) and they've desenzitised me a little.

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    We should make a kickstarter project to get this published in the west
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    Originally posted by Festano
    I disagree, I think the combat looks pretty great. Of coruse it's still early beta and there are some things to be improved, but the road is the right one. The combat systems seems complex and deep.

I like it. One thing I noticed was the character performed an evasive roll to the side when that Troll thing charged him, and that allowed him to get an attack on it's back. They said that rear attacks get extra damage. This is cool maneuver tactics, in my opinion. I hope there's more, tactical reactions based on what the other is trying to do.

Once upon a time....

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I really loved the video. Its hard to guage the depth of the game in any way by watching it, but I love the graphics, artistry, how alive the cities look, the animations are already looking good in my opinion. Pop-ups are bad but thats to be expected this far out from release. One thing I like was the weather effects. I LOVED the way the map looked and I think this is the first map where Ive ever seen an approaching Typhoon. I thought I was watching the weather channel lol. I think ESO should take some queues from this map. LOVE IT lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    The combat seems to be like demons/dark souls which is amazing to me and also means I can play with a gamepad which is also a good thing to me.
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Combat looks far better than the tab target rubbish we have been getting as of late. The animations will always be exaggerated in a Asian developed MMO, its what they like. 
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Thanks for the video! They have time to polish the combat! Well... at least I'm hoping.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I think it looks ok but 3 things i noticed.

The grass movement is too exaggerated even beyond the area the player would actually move it.The blood splats a tad over done and i don't like somersault dodging.I prefer dodging as in UT.

I realize some ancient monks and Samurai actually used a roll backwards on the shoulder technique but realistically nobody would be doing somersaults unless in gymnastics.

The shield bash and sword swings imo are done well, i don't see any problem there.

I think they also did a good job filling in the world so it doesn't look empty and they did not litter mobs every square inch which i also like.

Overall doesn't look too bad,i just hope the different classes have different combat styles other than Shield bash,kick and sword swing.I wonder if there are any combos or player>player combos.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

This game actually looks too good ...lol,there seems to be a lot of work there for just a 50 man team.I am sure most if not all the terrain is auto generated but still i see things i like as in buildings with insides that MANY games skip out on that kind of effort.

This game is also Korean as is Archeage ,good to see Asian developers going big.They are very hopeful there game is a hit as they feel they put in the effort and i agree but there simply is not enough gamer's for yet another game.

I can't even get into FFXIV that i want to play because i simply don't have enough time while already playing FFXI.How would i fit this game in,i don't see there being any chance i could find the time.

From what i have seen over the last few months,this game definitely warrants a look see.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Well Wizardry, unfortunately that's not a problem you will have anytime soon.

Black Desert will release in the Western countries in 2015 at the earliest.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Looks good!

I really do not understand those stating the combat looks like shit, aside from the hit numbers floating after every hit it looks much better than the typical tab target skill script routine that has been over used for the last decade.  It looks kinda like Darkfall free aim combat but a bit easier and more fluid, although i have not seen what the archery looks like, if it is FPS/free aim or some kinda auto aim assist crap...which will absolutely suck.

None the less game looks phenomenal and I again really do not understand why so many of you have this loyalty to TAB target games, I mean the combat really sucks for any game that still uses tab target imo.

• FestanoFestano Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
    Thanks for the video! They have time to polish the combat! Well... at least I'm hoping.

Not at all. I found it interesting too :)

• Personally the game fight moves(animations) are exactly the way vindictus have theirs. With nice polished long chain moves that are really great feel and it does look really shiny with great visuals as far as they have showed the game.

Does look like a great start, BUT they try to sell it as open world sandbox with a world full with players and NPC's that all perform all these polished moves on top of the spotless visuals. 

Yep not happening it can be a great pve centered game but throwing 50+ characters with all that detail without some sort of restrictions ala GW where u see only the 5 players half a meter behind u when there is too much to handle for VGA or the alot more simple server/client crash haven't happened yet. And not that i dont wish Black Desert to be the 1st but..... yeah  

wishfull thinking =/= reality 

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    looks graet I like the blood that's splattering all over ,hope it releases soon their is nothing good out now.