Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me or D3 is one of a kind?

LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119

Sometimes I just start short D3 sessions  because I love the combat on this game. I love the physics, the feeling off destroying objects and reaping countless mobs in a very fast pace.

been playing it over a year in short sessions and I still love it,  lately been playing  on hardcore and its a blast! 

The upcoming expansion seems to adress alot of problems pointed by the community so IMO the future seems bright for D3 , just keep the dungeons dark :)

Do you guys played any game where the combact  feels so great as in D3? I really would like to know your opinion.

Please leave the RMAH subject out of this thread.

Comments

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

I found D3 to be extremely shallow in the gameplay department.

You play 4 very short scenarios, then you play 4 very short scenarios slightly harder, then 4 very short scenarios slightly harder still, then 4 very short scenarios very hard. 

Guess what  though, all you did was play 4 very short scenarios.

You have all these skills at your disposal but guess what if you want to be good you have to stick to just a few tweaked out builds.

D3 for me was nothing new, yeah it looked good, yeah it plays well, but at the end of the day you can do everything this game has to offer in a week, and then you are just grinding out each day 4 very short scenarios to try to improve gear....

Boring....

• madnessman13madnessman13 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Dude there are so many games like Diablo 3! have you never played any other game like Diablo? Diablo is an action RPG where looting and character advancement are the main attractions to the game. There are many games like Diablo such as torchlight 1 and 2, Akanerio demon hunters, Marvel heros, kingsroad, path of exile, champions return to arms, ect ect it goes on for awhile.

madnessman

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Ligi

Sometimes I just start short D3 sessions  because I love the combat on this game. I love the physics, the feeling off destroying objects and reaping countless mobs in a very fast pace.

been playing it over a year in short sessions and I still love it,  lately been playing  on hardcore and its a blast! 

The upcoming expansion seems to adress alot of problems pointed by the community so IMO the future seems bright for D3 , just keep the dungeons dark :)

Do you guys played any game where the combact  feels so great as in D3? I really would like to know your opinion.

Please leave the RMAH subject out of this thread.

best hack&slash game to date.

character build system is like D2 on steroids  and those spells and skills are the best i have ever seen anywhere :)

Like: Paradox clone Description :You summon your future self to fight alongside you for X turns. At some point in the future, you'll be pulled into the past to fight alongside your past self after the initial effect ends. This spell splits the timeline. Attempting to use another spell that also splits the timeline while this effect is active will be unsuccessful. The duration will scale with your Paradox.

Or absolutely crazy: Fearscape :Description: Summon a part of the Fearscape to intersect with the current level. Your target and yourself are taken to the Fearscape, trapped there until you end the spell or until your target dies. While inside, a constant aura of flames will burn both of you (and heal demons) for X fire damage. When the spell ends, only you and the target (if still alive) are taken back to your home plane; all summons are left in the Fearscape. Objects will be moved as well. This spell has no effect if cast when already inside the Fearscape. This powerful spell drains 5 vim per turn, ending when it reaches 0. The damage will increase with your Spellpower.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119

Yes I played TS2 and recently been trying PoE but none gives me the enjoyment D3 . I am just talking about the way combat feels, the way you slash things and mobs with a barbarian IE, the physics, the effects it  all gives a unique feeling.

Off course I agree with you all , there is lack of content and the game feels repetitive if you dont do some breaks.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

No. Combat is the best on D3. Many skills are great .. and the combat is both action and tactical.

I have played them all .. PoE, TL2, Marvel Heroes .. for this kind of action combat, D3 does it better than all.

Only thing i will add is that i enjoy stealth type combat (Splinter Cell Blacklist for example) as much .. but that is just different, not better.

Originally posted by Thomson

1. Mechanics
    The game doesn't over very meaningfull character customization, remember how they
    said that there are like millions of skill combinations? Yeah sure...
    Everyone craves the same stats, base stats, vit, allres, crit/critdmg/ias.
    There is little to no variation to that which makes 90% of the items useless.

This point is wrong.

I have multiple set of gears for different builds. You do NOT want to have the same stats if you know how to play this game.

And there are multiple viable builds for each class. There are many variations of build customization.

Now it is true that 90% of the items are useless ... but that is because of the RNG nature ... which will be fixed in loot 2.0, and not the lack of build variety.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

No. Combat is the best on D3. Many skills are great .. and the combat is both action and tactical.

I have played them all .. PoE, TL2, Marvel Heroes .. for this kind of action combat, D3 does it better than all.

Only thing i will add is that i enjoy stealth type combat (Splinter Cell Blacklist for example) as much .. but that is just different, not better.

That's just your opinion, TL2 is far, far superior in every aspect IMO.

D3 combat is stale, all ARPG combat is repetitive, but D3 is by far and way the most boring and unimaginative.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Originally posted by Zinzan
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

That's just your opinion, TL2 is far, far superior in every aspect IMO.

D3 combat is stale, all ARPG combat is repetitive, but D3 is by far and way the most boring and unimaginative.

Yes, that is my opinion. Just like what you wrote is yours. TL2 is by far and way the most boring and unimaginative (to me, of course).

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    I play D3 here and there,but I think PoE is a superior game.Like everything,opinion varies!

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    I still think D2 had more interesting enviroments.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I too prefer Path of Exiles. For some reason none of my characters made it past the normal difficulty level in D3, while I played to death the previous Diablo games. Maybe because PoE resembles more the Diablo of the past than this latest incarnation.
    Originally posted by Xasapis
    I too prefer Path of Exiles. For some reason none of my characters made it past the normal difficulty level in D3, while I played to death the previous Diablo games. Maybe because PoE resembles more the Diablo of the past than this latest incarnation.

I also play PoE, but i prefer D3.

PoE is way less polish, the combat is not as fun (to me), and you cannot respec at will like D3 so you can experiment with builds.

• I agree. D3 has the best combat. Other stuff could be better, though.

I will not even argue too much with you about the first point because that is not my opinion but a fact. I don't really count using 1 different skill rune or skill as much of customization. From what i know there are usually only 1-3 different buids per class which is not alot.

You are obviously wrong. Here is a list of viable builds, just for wizard.

- pure archon (no CM)

- archon hybrid (refresh with living lightning)

- WW/CM/Shocknado

- Meteor based builds

- Disintegrate builds (very gear dependent, since you need special gear to get the AP cost down)

- Sleet Storm build

- Healing blade melee build

And i have not even listed the variations, like the combination of WW CM and archon. You can easily find discussions of these builds going either the official D3 forums, or diablofans.com forums.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    I have been SO tempted to pick up D3 for my PS3...
  • Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Sure, the animations, movement and controls are great in Diablo 3.
    It feels very natural and satisfying and i don't think that many will agrue against that here.

The dealbreaker with the game are the mechanics, content and the economy.

1. Mechanics
    The game doesn't over very meaningfull character customization, remember how they
    said that there are like millions of skill combinations? Yeah sure...
    Everyone craves the same stats, base stats, vit, allres, crit/critdmg/ias.
    There is little to no variation to that which makes 90% of the items useless.

2. Content
    There hasnt been any major content update since the release.
    Monster power and paragon levels are really just sticks with carrots
    to keep you thinking you are progressing. Uber bosses are cool.
    There could have been much more over the past year, new acts, zones, skills, classes, uniques and monsters.

3. Economy
    The game is horribly filled with bots. Just think about the amounts of gold you are
    spending on a good item and than compare that to the amount you generated yourself.
    Which is basically just the gold you pickup + the gold you get from vendoring trash.
    Everything from 200k to 500k are normal numbers, so why do items cost 2 billion gold?
    Because tons of bots inflated the economy with gold.
    The worst thing is that Blizzard doesn't seem to care much about bots. They show
    almost no effort to fight against them.

Anyway just my 2 cents and those are mostly the reasons why i prefer POE over D3

They are adding an expansion called Reaper of Souls which will attempt to these issues.  

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10648023/diablo®-iii-reaper-of-souls™-revealed-8-21-2013

The new features coming in it sound fantastic.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I really like Diablo 3. Never had any major gripes about it, I even picked it up launch night to play and the whole server being down debacle didn't really throw me away from liking it. Currently I've tried a few builds on my Wizard and only a couple have been really viable. I've been messing around with a CM wizard and they are really fun but single target fights it kind of sucks trying to get it to work right.
  • sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

The combat in D3  is superior, no doubt about that.

But the game really shines in hardcore mode: one death = game over...

Imagine an MMO where everoyne dies and the economy is build on such a community of future dead avatars.

D3 hardcore = EVE on fast, simple steroids, both in economy and combat.

frankly, the combat is soooo good, I can't return to those slow MMORPG's anymore....

D3 is the most underrated sleeper in hardcore mode.

A pity the console version has no AH and is self found/crafting only... 

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    I would argue that D3 is at least the third of its kind.
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    I would argue that D3 is at least the third of its kind.

Depends on what "kind" means.

It is the first ARPG with a RMAH, first of its kind.

It is the first Diablo with skill runes, and no skill tree, first of its kind.

It is the first Diablo with 3D graphics, instead of 2D sprites, first of its kind.

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380
    D3s combat is the only thing that saves it from being an unmitigated disaster.
    Originally posted by Teh_Axi
    D3s combat is the only thing that saves it from being an unmitigated disaster.

And combat is the most important aspect of a hack-n-slash ARPG.