Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking a LS with FFXI Fenrir players!

tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Hey all, I played FFXI, from launch, for a little over 5 years on the Fenrir server. I was in a great Dynamis LS and a few socials. It's been a few years since then, and though I bought FFXIV on relase, I only played for about two months before quitting.

I'm looking for some other old FFXI players who enjoy the GROUP / more difficult aspects of MMOs. I have litterally 0 interest in solo gaming . If there are any others such as myself out there, and recruting for a LS, please IM me.

Thanks 

Comments

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    We need more mmorpg gamers like you with zero interest in solo gameplay.  I myself feel the same and  I played ffxi as well from launch.  Hopefully a realm reborn will have the group dynamic that ffxi did before the toau expansion pack.  
  • MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782

um, gl with ARR.........

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Seems like a bad forum to read if one is anti-ARR.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Friend of mine is in FFXIV beta. Game is nothing like 11 and everything like WoW+GW2. Just so you all know.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by tats27

Hey all, I played FFXI, from launch, for a little over 5 years on the Fenrir server. I was in a great Dynamis LS and a few socials. It's been a few years since then, and though I bought FFXIV on relase, I only played for about two months before quitting.

I'm looking for some other old FFXI players who enjoy the GROUP / more difficult aspects of MMOs. I have litterally 0 interest in solo gaming . If there are any others such as myself out there, and recruting for a LS, please IM me.

Thanks 

The problem with FFXI is they ruined EVERYTHING about the game with the cheap Abyssea content.

The hardest parts of the game are still lame ideas becuase nobody wants to feed the lame AI designs any TP,so ends up a Ninja tanking, a WHM in the distance and possibly one other Blue mage or class that is needed for any proc the ninja doesn't have.It has got real lame,grouping is long gone.

the simple leveling has gone way of just join up with everyone eles in book burning.During book burns you are fighting Easy prey,you could have level 1 gear for all it matters,buffs are rarely used,just go around killing non stop.usually a puller goes out and brings back a whole area of mobs for the alliance to whack on.

It is soooooo ridiculous easy mode,i could go as ANY class and be puiler and bring back 8+ mobs.I coul;d go WHM/BSt ,charm a higher pet,use it to pul lthe whople room,rinse and repeat,usually we can't find mobs fast enough.

Back to Abyssea it is all a 100% GRIND FEST.First you need to spend hours and days and months just to get the abilities to be effective in Abyssea.The whole thing is timed zones,you have to buildup time to stay in there.Oh ya you need to first farm items just to get those VERY tough boss fights to spawn.

The ONL Yreason it is half doable is because the ionformation is on the net now.If yo uhad to think for yourself,you would take months to figure out one boss spawn.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by tats27

Thanks 

The problem with FFXI is they ruined EVERYTHING about the game with the cheap Abyssea content.

The hardest parts of the game are still lame ideas becuase nobody wants to feed the lame AI designs any TP,so ends up a Ninja tanking, a WHM in the distance and possibly one other Blue mage or class that is needed for any proc the ninja doesn't have.It has got real lame,grouping is long gone.

the simple leveling has gone way of just join up with everyone eles in book burning.During book burns you are fighting Easy prey,you could have level 1 gear for all it matters,buffs are rarely used,just go around killing non stop.usually a puller goes out and brings back a whole area of mobs for the alliance to whack on.

It is soooooo ridiculous easy mode,i could go as ANY class and be puiler and bring back 8+ mobs.I coul;d go WHM/BSt ,charm a higher pet,use it to pul lthe whople room,rinse and repeat,usually we can't find mobs fast enough.

Back to Abyssea it is all a 100% GRIND FEST.First you need to spend hours and days and months just to get the abilities to be effective in Abyssea.The whole thing is timed zones,you have to buildup time to stay in there.Oh ya you need to first farm items just to get those VERY tough boss fights to spawn.

The ONL Yreason it is half doable is because the ionformation is on the net now.If yo uhad to think for yourself,you would take months to figure out one boss spawn.

Glad I quit before al that then. I played for a few months into ToA, I think I quit a bit before WotG? 

I'm just looking for good group content tbh. 

GW2 had some good ideas, but once you reach 80 there is really not much to strive for. The thing about FFXI which was so great was there was so much to accomplish, and it was difficult enough that you felt like you actually achieved something when you did it.

I miss the old days of single mob pulls. I like the idea of monsters are so badass that it takes 5-6 people to kill one.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Then there are games where you can kill 50 monsters in 5 minutes all by yourself. That's mostly what's made anymore.
  • JackTheGreenJackTheGreen Member Posts: 1
    I'm a returning player to FFXI on the Fenrir server.  I was really surprised with what they had done to the level exp you get for ep and dc.  I thought it was cool at first, I breezed my way up to level 10, and as per usual started making my way out to Valkurm dunes.  There were two 99's and a 27 bst.  That was it, I was kind of upset.  I used to love partying and they no longer exist.  I was wondering if you were able to find a LS, or if you wanted to or have started your own.  My characters name is JackTheGreen.  Get back to me if you have time.  Thanks.