Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thinking of starting EVE

2»

Comments

• zimmy910zimmy910 Member UncommonPosts: 190

Originally posted by apanz3r
    Eve may be the game for you if you like to be abused by pretty much everything in game(fleet comanders, suicide gankers spies).Also you should consider the risk of paranoia and loosing faith in people in real life.If all this sounds cool to you plus you want a second job then eve may be a good choice for you,

Well someone's a little bitter :).

OP, you can put as much or as little time in Eve as you want. Skills are trained in real time, no need to grind for those. What you do need is ISK to buy stuff, and there are plenty of activities to get you that. Trick is to find your niche, something you enjoy while making said ISK.

Don't worry about spreadsheets, sooner or later there will be something you want to work out and you'll need a spreadsheet :).

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Hope it'll be later (if ever) than sooner, otherwise excellent reply. Technicallywise EVE surely isn't state of the art, but most aspects are how games should be nowadays. The only game that I'm aware of that has ffa pvp and yet allows carebear play (to some extend) which is just brilliant. Carebears need to be not too dumb of course...
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by picommander
    Hope it'll be later (if ever) than sooner, otherwise excellent reply. Technicallywise EVE surely isn't state of the art, but most aspects are how games should be nowadays. The only game that I'm aware of that has ffa pvp and yet allows carebear play (to some extend) which is just brilliant. Carebears need to be not too dumb of course...

"Technicallywise", EVE is leagues ahead of most MMOs. In what way is not not "state of the art"?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Originally posted by Malcanis

"Technicallywise", EVE is leagues ahead of most MMOs. In what way is not not "state of the art"?

No "jump" button of course.....image

Well...technically there is I suppose.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Malcanis

What I had in mind were non-optimized parts like captain quarters, nebulas, the launcher. That's far away from state of the art programming. And don't tell me now you don't need to use launcher or captains quarter. Both are part of the game at least and nebulas are not skipable.

Edit: This is not a complain. No one sane in its mind would even consider to change the code of a 10 years old game. With EVE's age in mind yes, indeed it's technically brilliant.