Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

started playing again after a year

The game looks very good with healthy population and very improved graphics

I currently play a stealthy imperial agent  and although I like the class I die a lot while questing

Witch class has the best story ?

And witch class has the easiest way while questing?

Cheers

Comments

• MetsisMetsis Member Posts: 66

I actually ended up doing the same thing... I'm liking the game for the story so far... I'm only at level 14-15 with my Sith Assassin, but I'll keep at it. Played a Jedi Counsellor pretty much all the way through when it still was a sub game. And that story wasn't really all that good, probably one of the weaker ones in it...

The Sith Sorc/Assassin story is better, at least so far.

I liked the Agent story start when I tried it during the Beta before release.

I'm a sucker for a good story in games. The gameplay is secondary in my books... I would just like the stories to be less linear, as they are, but as this is a MMO there is not much that can be done about it. Would require some sort of a organic questing system from the game, for not it to be the "go kill these" or fedex quests...

But it would be cool to see that first one quest giver gives a quest to go kill and collect some stuff, then the next quest he'd give is the fedex to take the items to a shop and the shop keeper would then give the quest to bring back the money back to the original quest giver. And this would be dynamic. Sort of like the people would have needs and they could be met and not just  give out the same quest over and over again without any real change in the game. Sort of if one mob population would get too big, it would generate the quest to take them down and after that someone else would fill the void and this would evolve the entire world organically based on player actions.

Of course this would require a dynamic quest system that could and would result in obsolete quests from time to time. But this could be fine, if this was made clear to the people who play... There's always something to do.

I'm rambling on... I should stop. I'm enjoying SWTOR again, which is nice. Plenty of them stories yet to be seen by me, so this might end up being a keeper game for quite some time in the future as well. When feeling like another star warsy story to run through.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by archidi

The game looks very good with healthy population and very improved graphics

I currently play a stealthy imperial agent  and although I like the class I die a lot while questing

Witch class has the best story ?

And witch class has the easiest way while questing?

Cheers

Best story: Imperial agent (Bourne Identity kind of story with possible different endings), followed by Jedi Knight (if there was KOTOR3, that would be the main story line).

Easiest class for questing: Sith Assassin or Jedi Shadow, with tank spec. Unkillable stealth characters with above average DPS (at least when I was playing them at launch). Difficulty of other classes for questing depends on when do you get your healing companion.

Hope this helps.

• archidiarchidi Member Posts: 6

With the operative I die a lot at some quests it gets annoying

maybe I need to collect better gear or something

Or maybe I am to used to wow easy mode

I will probably resubscribe If It keeps me for a month

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    I maybe wrong, but looking at the post history of OP, the number of posts and the content, something is fishy about this post. Just my oppinion.
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Where is the improved graphics? It looks the same as it did shortly after launch when they enabled higher res textures.

I went back a few days ago after a few months break and the game is still as bleak as it was then.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Anthur
    I maybe wrong, but looking at the post history of OP, the number of posts and the content, something is fishy about this post. Just my oppinion.

Well, you can't subsribe and already have 1000 posts written. The OP's question is also positive, so why would you call that post fishy? :) You kind of sound paranoid lol.

• archidiarchidi Member Posts: 6

Listen I just wanted to ignite a healthy conversation about the game It self ( gameplay)

The only threads I can find here is what bioware does wrong etc.

I don't care If you consider the game a success or you want this and the other thing added

I am looking for information from more experienced players on game play issues

I already made my mind to play my Twilek Jedi knight , what  professions should I select

Is the crystal profession worth the trouble ?

I made him dual wield light saber

Should I go for light side alingment or dark?

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by archidi

I already made my mind to play my Twilek Jedi knight , what  professions should I select.

In most MMOs, taking more gathering professions means having more money. Same goes for SWTOR. Crafting professions usually don't pay off, unless you have the best of the best recipes, usually obtained through high level content (raids).

Is the crystal profession worth the trouble ?

See above.

I made him dual wield light saber

Jedi sentinel is a late bloomer and very hard class to master and play effectively (lots of buttons in a rotation), although very rewarding later in a game. On top of that, Jedi Knights get their healer very late in game. You're in for a rough ride.

Should I go for light side alingment or dark?

Whichever you prefer. It doesn't influence your story, however, chosing dark side jedi might feel incoherent with the overall  Jedi Knight story.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    Where is the improved graphics? It looks the same as it did shortly after launch when they enabled higher res textures. I went back a few days ago after a few months break and the game is still as bleak as it was then.

They where implemented a few weeks back , using similar tech to what some people use in the movie business. The tech is also built into the game engine itself and thus doesn't slow down the game at all. It's basically colour lighting and they took and adjusted 600 places within the game and it looks stunning. Some people though hated it and worked out a way how to turn it off.

To the OP I loved my Imperial sniper agent story and leveling curve. Otherwise playing a DPS vanguard was very cool , even though I then turned him into a tank at level 54 , best to DPS until end-game I thought.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by someforumguy

Well, you can't subsribe and already have 1000 posts written. The OP's question is also positive, so why would you call that post fishy? :) You kind of sound paranoid lol.

Becouse there are people employed by corporations whos work is to mislead people and convince them to buy some product? Fanboys arent exactly trustworthy either and they are plenty. Just saying

The game can be tried without spending a dime. So you don't have to buy something. This all sounds too paranoid lol. Or maybe you think I am paid too :p

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Becouse there are people employed by corporations whos work is to mislead people and convince them to buy some product? Fanboys arent exactly trustworthy either and they are plenty. Just saying

The game can be tried without spending a dime. So you don't have to buy something. This all sounds too paranoid lol. Or maybe you think I am paid too :p

The game can be tried, yet not experienced,   Without spending a dime.

If someone wants a great game, this model EA has implemented is not very good.  Too many restrictions.  Everything walled off.  Barebones is how I would classify it for a new player.

EA should have just given the whole game away for free, with a cash-shop.  That would make this game popular.

Limiting credits (currency), and making people pay to wear "epic" gear is back-ass backwards.  Limiting how much they can do, like Flashpoints (dungeons) is also stupid.

EA could have done so much right with SWTOR, but they just wanted $$ ... on a F2P model .. disgusting!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

I recently got back into this because I wanted some single player mmo action. Returning to the game first time since 2 months after launch I got to see all the awful F2P limits. It's like they actually spent development time creating ways to punish you for not paying. I'm not one to shy away from paying for subscriptions as I current have 3 active ones, but this was downright shameful. 1 profession allowed unless you're subbed? Why even have professions at all? 1 hotbar? WTF?

I bought CE the first day of pre-order and I don't even get the "preferred" account (just like silver on SOE games)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Karteli

If someone wants a great game, this model EA has implemented is not very good.  Too many restrictions.  Everything walled off.  Barebones is how I would classify it for a new player.

EA should have just given the whole game away for free, with a cash-shop.  That would make this game popular.

Limiting credits (currency), and making people pay to wear "epic" gear is back-ass backwards.  Limiting how much they can do, like Flashpoints (dungeons) is also stupid.

EA could have done so much right with SWTOR, but they just wanted $$ ... on a F2P model .. disgusting!

Come on, the worth while parts of the game are completely free. The class stories.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

Come on, the worth while parts of the game are completely free. The class stories.

When someone completes the stories though they will know the meaning of hate.  Why would someone do this as F2P?  They are gimped on xp.. they can't acquire credits more than a set (low) threshhold.  They can't wear competitive gear.  They can't do much of anything MMORPG style - maybe old raids, with limited dungeon groups (where loot is possible). 

The whole system is MEH.

Class stories are great, but how many of those dwindling free players actually completed their story?  Server pop says not many.  2 million new accounts, SWTOR is financially successful lumped with other games....

I love how EA took the whole players want free-roam space poll seriously, then give us instanced shit.  I'm a bit bitter, but I'm a SW fan, so ..

• DrelkagDrelkag Member UncommonPosts: 56

Agreed.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Karteli Originally posted by someforumguy Originally posted by cura Originally posted by someforumguy Originally posted by Anthur I maybe wrong, but looking at the post history of OP, the number of posts and the content, something is fishy about this post. Just my oppinion.
    The game can be tried, yet not experienced,   Without spending a dime.   If someone wants a great game, this model EA has implemented is not very good.  Too many restrictions.  Everything walled off.  Barebones is how I would classify it for a new player.   EA should have just given the whole game away for free, with a cash-shop.  That would make this game popular.   Limiting credits (currency), and making people pay to wear "epic" gear is back-ass backwards.  Limiting how much they can do, like Flashpoints (dungeons) is also stupid.   EA could have done so much right with SWTOR, but they just wanted $$ ... on a F2P model .. disgusting!

Yes, the "single player" aspect of the game. Could've been KOTOR 3 instead.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Utinni
    I recently got back into this because I wanted some single player mmo action. Returning to the game first time since 2 months after launch I got to see all the awful F2P limits. It's like they actually spent development time creating ways to punish you for not paying. I'm not one to shy away from paying for subscriptions as I current have 3 active ones, but this was downright shameful. 1 profession allowed unless you're subbed? Why even have professions at all? 1 hotbar? WTF?I bought CE the first day of pre-order and I don't even get the "preferred" account (just like silver on SOE games) 
    You're kidding, you didn't get preferred status??? They originally were going to make us pay for extra hotbars but decided to allow us to use 4-6 hotbars as preferred, but the rest you have to shell cash out for (hide helmet, show title, 2nd and higher tier pvp gear, blahblahblah). I still have about 10Kish cartel coins waiting for me but they want me to sub to redeem it all... ha not happening.

Looks like quite a few people on here haven't been keeping up on SWTOR and it's recent changes. Here's some of the changes made to F2P and preferred restrictions. It might stop the hyperbole a little on here , yeah right.

• Implemented changes to improve the overall experience for Free-To-Play players at early levels:
      • Free-To-Play players can now train Sprint at level 10.
      • Free-To-Play players are now granted the Emergency Fleet Pass ability at level 10.
    • Authorization: Event Equipment Requisition has been removed from the Cartel Market. All players now have access to Event equipment.

• All levels of the Global Legacy Unlock: Fleet Pass have been adjusted:
      • The base cooldown for the Fleet Pass ability is now 9 hours for subscribers.
      • The base cooldown for the Fleet Pass ability is now 12 hours for non-subscribers.
      • Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III now reduce the ability cooldown by 3 hours each.
    • All levels of the Global Legacy Unlock: Legacy Travel and the Quick Travel ability have been adjusted:
      • The base cooldown for subscribers is now 25 minutes.
      • The base cooldown for non-subscribers is now 45 minutes.
      • Legacy Travel I, II, and III now reduce the ability cooldown by 5 minutes each.
    Also you can play the game fully through to the end without paying a penny , it might be tougher than if you were a subb , but it is possible. Not sure about all this mentality in saying , I want to play for free but it's too restrictive , purely insane. It's free use your head buy carp off the GTN and get on with it.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.

Originally posted by BadOrb

Looks like quite a few people on here haven't been keeping up on SWTOR and it's recent changes. Here's some of the changes made to F2P and preferred restrictions. It might stop the hyperbole a little on here , yeah right.

• Implemented changes to improve the overall experience for Free-To-Play players at early levels:
      • Free-To-Play players are now granted the Emergency Fleet Pass ability at level 10.
    • Authorization: Event Equipment Requisition has been removed from the Cartel Market. All players now have access to Event equipment.

• The base cooldown for the Fleet Pass ability is now 12 hours for non-subscribers.
      • Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III now reduce the ability cooldown by 3 hours each.
    • All levels of the Global Legacy Unlock: Legacy Travel and the Quick Travel ability have been adjusted:
      • Legacy Travel I, II, and III now reduce the ability cooldown by 5 minutes each.
    Also you can play the game fully through to the end without paying a penny , it might be tougher than if you were a subb , but it is possible. Not sure about all this mentality in saying , I want to play for free but it's too restrictive , purely insane. It's free use your head buy carp off the GTN and get on with it.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

And they're removing the limit on Warzones for F2P too. Huge restriction lifted.

Edit: Has someone really been on this board posting the same negativity for 2 years? For the few months I've been here I've noticed quite a lot of the complaining and such from the orange cat but 2 years? Really? No offense to anyone but I dunno what to think about that.

Originally posted by Drelkag

Cheers,

BadOrb.

And they're removing the limit on Warzones for F2P too. Huge restriction lifted.

Edit: Has someone really been on this board posting the same negativity for 2 years? For the few months I've been here I've noticed quite a lot of the complaining and such from the orange cat but 2 years? Really? No offense to anyone but I dunno what to think about that.

yeah I was going to mention that one coming early October in 2.4. As for the negativity , well the orange cat got upset about something to do with the game maybe the Freemium conversion or something else. As to the others well some are upset SWG got shut down and I actually only joined this site because i kept reading absolute rubbish on here so I had to chime in and join. iv'e only been here 8 months so not sure if it's been a whole 2 years of a lot of negative posters as such.

i was also going to add that on my first 2 -3 characters I never ever had any credits above 300 k ever! I also witnessed the horrible bugs that cost me a hell of a lot to repair , the one on tatooine where you go back there later on on the trooper with the ship capsules opening omg it gliched really bad 23 k repair costs every few mins. That trooper btw ended up getting to 50 with only 125 k credits to his name , so I'm sure the freebies can do it and i hardly ever used the GTN if at all..

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

yeah I was going to mention that one coming early October in 2.4. As for the negativity , well the orange cat got upset about something to do with the game maybe the Freemium conversion or something else. As to the others well some are upset SWG got shut down and I actually only joined this site because i kept reading absolute rubbish on here so I had to chime in and join. iv'e only been here 8 months so not sure if it's been a whole 2 years of a lot of negative posters as such.

i was also going to add that on my first 2 -3 characters I never ever had any credits above 300 k ever! I also witnessed the horrible bugs that cost me a hell of a lot to repair , the one on tatooine where you go back there later on on the trooper with the ship capsules opening omg it gliched really bad 23 k repair costs every few mins. That trooper btw ended up getting to 50 with only 125 k credits to his name , so I'm sure the freebies can do it and i hardly ever used the GTN if at all..

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Oh BabOrb, really?  2 years,?  Look at my join date, don't join the anti-hate hate train!  I'm < 2 yrs.

For my reasons, I bought the CE for SWOT, so you know.  Also I supported this game way before launch.  I even went so far as to criticize people who didn't support SWTOR. (hindsight is 20/20)

But those aren't my reasons.  My reasons were SWTOR would provide an immersive world I could enjoy, a game that would trump WoW.  IN A SW UNIVERSE !!  Who could deny that as something ..

And if you don't understand that statement, you don't realize how people felt before launch.

SWTOR launched ..

Fun game .. it was apparent that the game was full of bugs .. like getting stuck on a small rock on the first visit to a new planet.  Gathering nodes were bugged, friends could log on because of technical difficulties ..

I really don't like getting stuck on dry Earth.

But .. that was experienced AFTER I made multiple posts about not being about to log onto the game at all...  my client would just crash.  If was only the community (with identical problems) that helped this situation.  Delete a folder and relaunch the game. 

Over the next 2 years, I had multiple tickets .. and only maybe 20% got answered.  I ask things like why Did I lose a mount I bought?  But, those just get ignored, while I only get responses for why an item in my inventory does not match what it was supposed to me ... "Thank you for contacting us.  We value your feedback.  We have taken note at this time.  We Can't comment any further."  FTW.

And, you might be right, I hate the cash-shop.  It's kind of an anti-climax, since I think readers already knew.  A complete interesting observation.. this game could be awesome ... yet it has a cashshop to advance the founders $$ pockets (without giving the players anything back).

And, you might be right, I hate the cash-shop.  It's kind of an anti-climax, since I think readers already knew.  A complete interesting observation.. this game could be awesome ... yet it has a cashshop to advance the founders $$ pockets (without giving the players anything back).

To each their own, I think the game's awesome ;) Not riding this 'anti-hate train' you're talking about either, I think some of the F2P restrictions are just stupid for one example. It'd be much more sensible to tell someone that's been posting on this board since your join date (just checked post history) to get off the hateorade.

Putting the orange cat on ignore for now, I don't enjoy reading the same copy pasted negativity in every thread. I've seen enough already.

To each their own, I think the game's awesome ;) Not riding this 'anti-hate train' you're talking about either, I think some of the F2P restrictions are just stupid for one example. It'd be much more sensible to tell someone that's been posting on this board since your join date (just checked post history) to get off the hateorade.

Putting the orange cat on ignore for now, I don't enjoy reading the same copy pasted negativity in every thread. I've seen enough already.

Perhaps one day we'll see eye to eye. /waves

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

I originally was a huge fan but the story wasn't enough to keep me. I stopped at level 48 but it was a struggle to hold me to then. The main reason I left was because the world just felt so static. The graphics were fine to me and I never had any performance issues whatsoever. To anyone playing, have they made the static NPCs feel more alive anywhere? Have they started doing any type of more random events on a regular basis? Have they changed the social hub away from the space station? These were the things that bothered me a little. the linear feel too, but thats not a deal breaker for me if the world feels alive. It def is a solid game, if I was going to start someone for the first time playing an MMO this is a good game to try if they like story. In fact it might be the best story game out right now.

I am curious to see the graphical updates. I wonder if I can find a comparison video of before and after.

There Is Always Hope!

• DavynelordDavynelord Member Posts: 122

Why must everyone automatically assume that you HAVE to buy everything from the cash shop with real money?  Seriously, I have played the game for less than a year and the only thing I really spent was a little money just to get preferred status (because that's what I wanted over full free status)...a measly $5 to $10 and have played free since without touching the cash shop again.

Basically there is very little that subscribers get which give them any advantage over a free player...in fact, most stuff is a minor convenience.   Off the top of my head here are things subs get that I don't...

Unlimited Operations, Flashpoints, Warzones

Solve that by buying 7 day unlocks..I have 15 for each so I'm running them unlimited for the next few months...I'm not limited to 3 or 5 runs per week.

NO cap on bank account

irrelevant since it's very easy to spend 300k per day and make 300K+ back right after just from doing dailies...once your level 50+ that is...below 50 you don't even need that much money.

Earlier access to minor skills like speeder piloting

really, not a big deal unless your impatient and get bored at a quick run or force speed to your missions until your able to get train the skills, once you get a max level character, all your toons will have speeder piloting at level 10, cause you can buy the unlock easy then.

Free respecs

well if you have to respec more than 5 times per week, then you probably have ADHD or whatever or you are one of those WZ exploiters...but BW has put a end to WZ respecs in 2.4, so respecs lost  it's luster...besides, the first 5 respecs are pretty cheap...no cost for first respec, like 2k for 2nd, 12k for 3rd, 25k for 4th, 30 something for 5th...but I never needed to go past the 5th so don't know the cost after that...I only did up to 5 in one week (it resets each week starting at zero again) because I was experimenting with skill tree and bolster anyway...so for most part I may change specs once a week anyway.

sending credits and more than one item through mail

Very rarely do I need to send multiple items to alts...I never trade with other players even if I weren't restricted to them having to start the trade process...this game doesn't rely heavily on player to player trading since most of the important stuff one would like to trade for are character or account binding anyway.   As sending credits, it's easy to make credits in this game...don't really need to send my alts credits...in fact if my alt needs something, I just buy it and send it to my alt for 10 credits...sure if I send multiple items I have to send them all separately...no big deal really.

Montly Allotment of Cartel Coins

Uhm, who cares, not like those CC's are free...your paying for them if you sub anyway...but what you use them for isn't all that important nor is it a big advantage over free players.

25% extra xp gains

Really?  It's not that bad...you can go from level 1 to 55 in less than a week if you want....less than a day if you do it on double xp weeks and/or run with a high level to speed kill through missions for you so you can collect the fat xp and credit rewards way faster...which means you'll level extremely fast.   Even if you don't to that, you still got xp boost....but honestly the only time I feel the need for xp boost is starting from level 48 or so, that's when the xp seems to get slow...but then makeb isn't as bad as the level 1 to 50 content....oh and the devs have raised the XP restriction level from 10 to 20 now....so you'll get full xp like a sub until level 20...you'll fly through level 20 to 50 fast....I made a sith assassin 2 days ago, got to level 25 the first day, haven't played him again until today....again, xp is a joke in this game....try playing other MMO's where it takes you 2, 3,4, 5, 6 or more months to get to max level.

Rested XP

See above, not that big of a deal...sure it's a nice luxury but most of the games I've played don't give you much rested xp anyway...usually not even a levels worth...so I don't feel I'm missing much.

Other than that (I may have missed something), I have everything one can need to play this game absolutely free and compete with subs...in fact, a sub would have trouble knowing if I was free player or not because I have every unlock you can buy from GTN...Titles, hide head slot, legacy title, unify colors, artifact and event equipment, hotbars, access to section x, HK companion...etc etc...

At the end of the day, this game is good to me...unlike say Cabal Online where it's strickly pay to win and more geared towards rich players than anything...$200 for one Item (which is still only the 2nd best item of it's kind, the best is drop or event only) that makes your gear better and you need like 7 or 8 of them per character just to make a full set of epic armor...not to mention you need a few billion credits worth of other items to even make use of the slot that darn thing puts on your gear...and again you have a lottery/luck roll system that may or may not successfully let you slot the gear....and it may cost you 15 million+ to attempt to slot 1 piece of gear.....So if you've played Cabal Online and realize that 6 months of dungeon grinding won't get you even 1 decent piece of gear to compete with, then you'll fall in love with how easy SWTOR allows you to get all the same epic gear as any sub while being a free player...Just saying there are much worse free to play setups out there for other MMO's. 

Bottom line, stop complaining, stop being lazy...they give you like 98% of the game 100% free...so what you have to do a tiny bit more or wait a few levels later or manage your spending better than a sub...it's not game breaking unless your a spoiled brat kid wanting everything handed to you like mommy and daddy use to, or still does for you.  In all my years of MMO's, SWTOR is the easiest MMO to play period...how many other MMO's can you max level 10+ characters fully loaded out in endgame gear in less than 6 months?

Get over the restrictions and enjoy the game...the story is great, the game stays populated everyday of the week and it's fairly friendly environment compared to most MMO's I've played (at least on jedi covenant server anyway)....but if you still have complaints, then how about coming off some cash to help pay for better improvements to the game...otherwise stop bashing a FREE game....how much more free can you really get, honestly?