Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye 1017, Hello 3102

124»

Comments

• BhobBhob Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Alamareth
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by vandal5627
    They just launched a bunch of new hardware and moved all instance data to its own server. Give them a few days to get the network working. LOL Gamers are to fickle. 

It's not like they just plugged it in today, this has been tested internally for days, how long before you guys realize this has been happening since open beta (3102). Supposedly it happened in 1.0 as well. If that's the case, how many days do they f'n need?

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

This was upgraded less then 24hrs ago. I sometimes wish MMOers had a better understanding of how much of a art form networking is. Its not flipping switches on and off. Then add the fact this game is global. If you had any idea the amount of skill and work to make something like this work would blow your mind. Also a network is a living thing. You need to learn its personality and abilities. Adding a bunch of new servers is awesome but it also takes time to tweak and learn what things you need to do to get it functioning to 100%. Give them a week to work this out lol. 

The simpler response is that how programs perform in a test environment is vastly different from their performance under full stress.

Tell that to a gamer and they still nerd rage lol

It may very well be nerd rage, but it's also consumer rage and when it comes around for people to start shelling out the monthly fees how many people have given up.  I would be more forgiving if this was a first time launch but it's not.  

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Pandrax
    Originally posted by Ayulin
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by WhiteCross

Because defending a game you enjoy playing, against rabid kids with no money, wishing it was F2P is a horrible thing to do. I mean, trashing the game and the people who play it, like certain people is the right way to go about it, right?

I am in my 30s.

I have money.

I don't wish it were F2P.

I do wish that they had competent managers and administrators who actually had a clue what they were doing. As someone who manages a tech team in a VERY large corporate environment, I have some idea of the challenges you face with any kind of roll-out... And from what they have said, the only conclusion I can make is that they are incompetent.

I have no doubt the actual programmers and devs are good at what they do, but the people making the decisions are the ones who need to be fired with prejudice.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    They just launched a bunch of new hardware and moved all instance data to its own server. Give them a few days to get the network working. LOL Gamers are to fickle. 

It's not like they just plugged it in today, this has been tested internally for days, how long before you guys realize this has been happening since open beta (3102). Supposedly it happened in 1.0 as well. If that's the case, how many days do they f'n need?

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

This was upgraded less then 24hrs ago. I sometimes wish MMOers had a better understanding of how much of a art form networking is. Its not flipping switches on and off. Then add the fact this game is global. If you had any idea the amount of skill and work to make something like this work would blow your mind. Also a network is a living thing. You need to learn its personality and abilities. Adding a bunch of new servers is awesome but it also takes time to tweak and learn what things you need to do to get it functioning to 100%. Give them a week to work this out lol. 

Who said anything about new servers? The issue here isn't about servers, it's about being unprepared for launch when they could have been with proper stress testing. I know better than to buy games at launch hence why I am not personally tied up in this mess, I did test the game through phase 3 and OB, and the whole time I wondered why we weren't seeing stress testing done. The folly of that decision is readily apparent.

With stress testing this 3102 error as well as many of the issue run into by numbers would have been known long before launch, instead they showed up just days before EA. By then it was too late.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314

Huh, interesting.  I have had no issues at all.  Logged in this morning, played for an hour.  Came back about three hours later from class and logged back on, no problems at all and smooth as pie...

Dang, sorry people are having problems....

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus

Huh, interesting.  I have had no issues at all.  Logged in this morning, played for an hour.  Came back about three hours later from class and logged back on, no problems at all and smooth as pie...

Try creating a new character. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Just got in from work.  Prime Time and logged in with no problems.
  • TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus

Try creating a new character. 

I have two already.  No need at the moment.  One Tank and one Thaumaturge.  So again, sorry people are having problems.

• slntnsntyslntnsnty Member UncommonPosts: 67
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Played for several hours straight, logging in and out no problem. Go to eat, come back, PC restarted for updates. Go to play some more. Error 3102. FML.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ
    Played for several hours straight, logging in and out no problem. Go to eat, come back, PC restarted for updates. Go to play some more. Error 3102. FML.

luckly it does seem to kick people after a while its just a bug that cropped back u p when the redid the server configs

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

Created another character on a different server. Logged out. And could log back onto my main. Weird, but it worked.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Enjoy something beautiful, while waiting.
    And then think of all the MMOs the same shit happened to you before.

Edit: Cirque du soleil = Beauty

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn
    ugh internet crashed and now i got 3102. always something wrong!!!

how dare you complain about your time getting wasted and getting errors for a sub game you paid didn't you know "all" mmos had the same problem so you should just accept it and take it?just wait till months they will iron things out finally don't you dare complain about it till then how dare you you are an angry nerd i am not a fanboy but i am very logical with over 9000 years of mmo experience i know better so just listen to me friend as long as some can login and play it is your problem you are not allowed to complain when bad things happen to you how dare you you don't even know how servers work they are designed to be like that that is why all mmos had a bad launch and if anyone says otherwise i will never believe them they are all equally bad didn't you know also WoW had the same problem in 2004 which was ages ago see how that turned out?don't you see they are just imitating their ways to become successful just like WoW anyway complaining about it won't help with anything but complaining about complaining,ridiculing complainers and praising things always help didn't you know?so how dare you come here and talk about it you are not allowed cause it is not helpful how dare you you are only allowed to be happy about it that is why they made this section for the game you must wait till they make a section for angry nerds then complain how dare you! ima tell you a secret though it doesn't matter anyway for SE it doesn't help them either way whether you complain or praise them but still don't you even dare!how dare you state your opinion or think about it like a fact i am the only one who allowed to decide on that don't you even dare!!!if you are not still convinced you should leave the game and don't you even dare think about refund SE needs your money how dare you

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

So, it was give them a week a week ago, and now its give them another week?

Honestly the White Knighting will never stop.

"Its Open Beta, give them a break.", "Its just EA, this is not launch.", "What MMO do you know that launched with no errors?", "Just give them another week."

Yeah right.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

It's funny, or not so much to some. The biggest problem w/ the game is being unable to log in. It's a big problem. I mean.. if you can't play. Once you're in.. there don't seem to be any issues.

I gave 1.0 a chance. It was SO so bad, I can hardly believe I gave ARR a shot. I mean, 1.0 was one of THE worst games I've ever played.

ARR is good. I haven't had all the same problems some have had. I got 3102 for most of EA... but whateve's.

I can see how some would be turned off..

Have not had any issues at all today.. so far.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

just when I think of subscribing,not cause it is a great game but its not bad and I like

FFs art style I see all the problems people are having and I also had a problem after the so called maintenance.

hoping a good mmo will release sooner rather than later and yes I am talking about you wild star.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I was able to get in tonight, but I tried to do a class quest (which involved loading an instance).   That got me an error 90000 for trying.

Now 3102 trying to log back in.

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    As far as I can tell 1017 and 3102 are no longer problems. The only remaining issues seem to be the remaining restrictions on digital sales and character creation, but if the servers stay stable and if more servers come online as needed, those should be resolved soon. Here's hoping, after Mr Toad's Wild Ride the last couple of weeks.
  • IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Oops, just saw Just's post. Maybe spoke too soon.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Well hate to say this but 1017 is still a problem.  Over on the SE forum, there a quite a few posts about it.  I also got it today and had to reroll on another server to play.  I couldn't log on to my own server for 2 hours.  This weekend will be the real test.
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by IMBanks
    Oops, just saw Just's post. Maybe spoke too soon.

3102 is a pretty common problem after the maintenance for people using the duty finder/loading instances.

It isn't keeping people out forever anymore at least.   It locked me out for about 15 minutes.  Have heard similar things in chat from others attempting to use duty finder.   Some people have been able to use it successfully.

Things are getting better but they're nowhere near where they need to be yet. 

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

I have been able to play yesterday (EU servers), in queue at worst there were 3 before me ... but I do not feel anything anymore.  All magic and excitement from start is gone. They have killed any wish in me to continue to play ARR. Guess will force myself to play few days at least more to see if something changes. And yes, have resubbed to wow back so I can play at least something as I had minor injury and must stay indoors and have a lot of time.

And to think that probably all this problems would never happen if autologoff would exist if being idle too long. Like they never ever heard about any MMO. Of course in regular FF (no network) this was not necessary but making such mistakes nowadays is unforgivable.

But what made me even more furious is that silly sistem of queue. In virtually any other game no matter how many in queue before him one have just wait to be able to play. In can in meantime do other stuff at house. I would have no problem to queue and get to play after i.e. 1 or 2 hours. But no. Somebody had brilliant idea that if more then i.e. 100 players in queue player should be presented only with message to press Ok and retry later. So after doing this for 20 to 30 times few days in a row at some point something broke inside me and I did not feel yesterday any emotion playing ARR any more. Have been playing for hours for sake of playing. Then returned at night to wow.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

They seem to have fixed it?

!!!!

Anyone else having issues now.?

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Wicoa

They seem to have fixed it?

!!!!

Anyone else having issues now.?

I had 3102 as I remember, client crashed and i was unable to login with any alt for at least one hour. Client was telling me that I should wait for logout and similar nonsense. Solved by creating dummy alt on another server. After was again able to login with my alts.

Now is better in sense I can get on Cerbersu without problem, in worst case scenario half minute of wait time. But even before 30 days will be 1 player less. I simply can not enjoy FF anymore. And to think that had 1.0, was no need to buy ARR but i still have purchased because I wanted to play on day 1. Ah....