Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye 1017, Hello 3102

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Sadly we can't really blame Yoshi for such an inept networking team.

I assume is a small piece of code that has to do with que ues,since they don't boot you ,they simply put you on a waiting list,so maybe the game instead of logging you out is putting you on a waiting list lmao.

They should setup some elevator music ,hot chicks handing out brochures and free drinks to patrons loitering the servers :P.

Most of all they should hand the networking team a handbook for dummies .those yellow ones with big black words on the cover.Personally i don't get it,they have restructured FFXI servers a few times,so i don't understand the problems,maybe they had a staff party and everyone is drunk?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Can't wait till I get home and log into my nice tidy Japanese server and play :)

(though I think I just doomed myself)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I finally, 3 hours later, was able to get back in the game. Don't know if the logout finally cleared itself or if SE took action on my ticket, or if my posting in the tech support board did it. Obviously, not logging out again until the problem is fixed.
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Guess it's good this happened right BEFORE I'm going to work.

Maybe, just maybe, it'll get fixed by the time I get home. =P

It's a pretty effective way to manage server load though!  If people can only login once.

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

I wonder if this 3102 error is being caused by people who were logged in when they said the server was coming down for maintenence, and most of those people were just idling and preventing others from getting online again.

If so, you go karma, do your stuff.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    They just launched a bunch of new hardware and moved all instance data to its own server. Give them a few days to get the network working. LOL Gamers are to fickle. 
  • TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by sado2020

I consider myself more a fannboy than a hater.  But there have been problems since EA.  Not small tiny problems but things where they have been so bad the company had to stop selling the game.  That's bad. A third of my guild can't log on again. A lot of people had been frustrated since EA and were banking on this fix.  Im a bit more realistic and know how things work, but still.  If your company has a lot riding on a game like this you'd expect them to be aware of the situation

Now I for one love the game and hope it does well.  Hell I want it to grab a stupid amount of players like WoW did.  But I say if you are a fan of the game you have to admit that there are some serious flaws here right now and then need to be fixed before it hurts the game in the long run.  I am pretty confident this will get fixed but when. A day? A week? Longer? Will there be more compensation? Another apology?

Logging on super early then hiding your toon so you can go to work and praying you don't get kicked by the time you come back is not adequate at all.

Yeah; I'm a fan of the game and am being patient, but I do feel like they put a flag in the ground when saying they were going to extend the free time by 7 days, almost saying that they intend to have the issues fixed today; 7 days after launch.  

I'm still being patient, but I really hope they can do better and show signs of working this out quickly.  

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

Guess it's good this happened right BEFORE I'm going to work.

Maybe, just maybe, it'll get fixed by the time I get home. =P

I'm hoping all this is solved by later tonight so i might be able to play for and hour or two before bed, or i'll wait yet another day i imagine because i don't know how you people can sit there and spam the f@ck out of the login, that has got to be the most frustrating thing ever, it just feels like such a humongous waste of time.

The week i had off, man i logged on in the morning, no problems, and played all day. Monday this week i could not get on, i quickly came to the  realization of why people were so f'in enraged, here it is Wednesday, so yea 3 days i've not been able to play, provided i don't get on tonight.

All i want is to be able to, log in and log out, is it really that much to ask.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359

y game crashed before doing odin with guildies and now stuck at 3102 the good old error...great job SE come diehard blind fanboys come defend them

ima go play Rome II hf...

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by Gretelda

y game crashed before doing odin with guildies and now stuck and 3102 the good old error...great job SE come diehard blind fanboys come defend them

Maybe this is the improvement they were talking about, you don't even need your pc/ps3 to be afk anymore, simply log in, turn your pc/ps3 off or use it for something else, AFK for life bra.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L

At least they are working on it.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/3f72a573448d16ee2177e125c7212a51e4eadca3

Will be happy if they get it resolved by the time I get home from work

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Seems to me you need to log at least once.  I was able to log first try this morning, i played a good 2-3 hours, logoff for lunch and now i'm getting 3102....
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Technohic

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/3f72a573448d16ee2177e125c7212a51e4eadca3

they messed with the server setup what did you think was going to happen

Originally posted by Raxeon

Don't think I made much thought as to what would happen.  Guess at most, I figured there would be some outcry while they kept logins throttled back at first until they gradually increased the through them day or week, and try to funnel players to lighter servers.

Not sure what in my post makes you ask, though.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Raxeon

Don't think I made much thought as to what would happen.  Guess at most, I figured there would be some outcry while they kept logins throttled back at first until they gradually increased the through them day or week, and try to funnel players to lighter servers.

Not sure what in my post makes you ask, though.

nothing it was directed more at the whole thread

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    hell all i wanna do is just download the game i don't understand why in 2013 they are taking long :/
  • GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Husvik
    Originally posted by Gretelda

y game crashed before doing odin with guildies and now stuck and 3102 the good old error...great job SE come diehard blind fanboys come defend them

Maybe this is the improvement they were talking about, you don't even need your pc/ps3 to be afk anymore, simply log in, turn your pc/ps3 off or use it for something else, AFK for life bra.

well got back in the game but too late still better than nothing i suppose...i am gonna be :afk out of game "at least till next Odin/Behemut fate if anyone manages to report their status for me that is...since Rome II gonna keep me occupied.

also probably many gonna say or already said that it happens to "ALL" mmos and stuff like that and defend it while insist they are not fanboys and that they are logical ppl that see things better but lets be honest while having server issues are normal at this point it doesn't make them OK ...many still can login and play true but that doesn't make it ok for those that can't also...just like whenever a good thing happens and we praise it whenever a bad things happens we complain about it simple as that...complaining about ppl complaining or ridicule them for complaining is not the right answer...just saying

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    They just launched a bunch of new hardware and moved all instance data to its own server. Give them a few days to get the network working. LOL Gamers are to fickle. 

It's not like they just plugged it in today, this has been tested internally for days, how long before you guys realize this has been happening since open beta (3102). Supposedly it happened in 1.0 as well. If that's the case, how many days do they f'n need?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Jadedangel1Jadedangel1 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    For those still with 3102, have you tried restarting your computer and waiting a few minutes before trying to log back in again? That's what I did the one time previously when I got the error and everything after that worked just fine.
  • IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Jade,

I did that, plus powered down my router and reset it, waited a bit, then turned them both back on, and still had the same problem. It did eventually fix itself (unless SE has been running around kicking those stuck in limbo), by it took a couple hours.
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    In theory....this problem should be fixed now.
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by vandal5627

It's not like they just plugged it in today, this has been tested internally for days, how long before you guys realize this has been happening since open beta (3102). Supposedly it happened in 1.0 as well. If that's the case, how many days do they f'n need?

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

This was upgraded less then 24hrs ago. I sometimes wish MMOers had a better understanding of how much of a art form networking is. Its not flipping switches on and off. Then add the fact this game is global. If you had any idea the amount of skill and work to make something like this work would blow your mind. Also a network is a living thing. You need to learn its personality and abilities. Adding a bunch of new servers is awesome but it also takes time to tweak and learn what things you need to do to get it functioning to 100%. Give them a week to work this out lol. 

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

This was upgraded less then 24hrs ago. I sometimes wish MMOs had a better understanding of how much of a art form networking is. Its not flipping switches on and off. Then add the fact this game is global. If you had any idea the amount of skill and work to make something like this work would blow your mind. Also a network is a living thing. You need to learn its personality and abilities. Adding a bunch of new servers is awesome but it also takes time to tweak and learn what things you need to do to get it functioning to 100%. Give them a week to work this out lol. 

The simpler response is that how programs perform in a test environment is vastly different from their performance under full stress.

Regardless, here's the update from SE:

During the following time period, players received a 3102 error upon logging into FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We are pleased to announce that the issue has been addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for our customers.

[Date & Time]
    Sep. 4, 2013 from 2:10 a.m. to 11:05 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
    3102 error upon login

[Cause]
    Server program error

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
    Originally posted by Alamareth

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

This was upgraded less then 24hrs ago. I sometimes wish MMOers had a better understanding of how much of a art form networking is. Its not flipping switches on and off. Then add the fact this game is global. If you had any idea the amount of skill and work to make something like this work would blow your mind. Also a network is a living thing. You need to learn its personality and abilities. Adding a bunch of new servers is awesome but it also takes time to tweak and learn what things you need to do to get it functioning to 100%. Give them a week to work this out lol. 

The simpler response is that how programs perform in a test environment is vastly different from their performance under full stress.

Tell that to a gamer and they still nerd rage lol

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Well hello there Mr 3102! it was nice meet you today, 3  hour quality time:)