Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye 1017, Hello 3102

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Deciman

"In the time period just after maintenance has completed, we predict a rush of characters logging in simultaneously. In order to prevent any technical difficulties due to this login rush, we will be temporarily placing severe login restrictions. These login restrictions may occur frequently, lasting from a few minutes to ten minutes; however, restrictions will be lifted in a gradual manner as login status is carefully monitored. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Furthermore, as a result of the countermeasures taken to alleviate stress on the Duty Finder servers, we expect to be able to increase the number of players able to login simultaneously; however, if those login numbers still surpass the maximum number of possible logins in the various Worlds, please be aware that we will continue to implement login restrictions."

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4198c8c4e8b4b749e6881aa564b9b8b5c44d4061

Because we all know no one will bother reading and go right to mmorpg to complain.

Error 3102 got nothing to do with what you posted. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ChronohlChronohl Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Technohic
    Figured it would still have some hiccups here.  If you didn't learn patience over this past week, chances are you won't learn it now.  Of course; that is easy for me to say when I am at work and won't be getting annoyed (by the game at least) for at least another 8 hours.  

Oh please. This has nothing to do with impatience but serious lack of forethought on part of SE. One simple feature of AFK time out would solve majority of these problems.

What is the excuse for not thinking about something so simple? these are professional game devs we are talking about with years of experince not some rookies who just got into MMO business.

I don't understand why people always blame AFK people when the problem was always duty finder... they are fixing all those things, yes shit happens even with the best professionals, next time just wait a game be released before you buy, thisn't work only for MMORPGs but for any game since forever! Im just waiting they fix everything to me play always without problems. I'm not the only one who thinks this way I have a lof of friends who understand how shit can happens with MMORPGs all the time not only in the begining.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I logged in and out multiple times with no issues.  But I didn't have issues logging in minus yesterday with queues... who knows...  
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    The big problem here is they will lose customers because of this.

Originally posted by Chronohl
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Technohic
    Figured it would still have some hiccups here.  If you didn't learn patience over this past week, chances are you won't learn it now.  Of course; that is easy for me to say when I am at work and won't be getting annoyed (by the game at least) for at least another 8 hours.  

Oh please. This has nothing to do with impatience but serious lack of forethought on part of SE. One simple feature of AFK time out would solve majority of these problems.

What is the excuse for not thinking about something so simple? these are professional game devs we are talking about with years of experince not some rookies who just got into MMO business.

I don't understand why people always blame AFK people when the problem was always duty finder... they are fixing all those things, yes shit happens even with the best professionals, next time just wait a game be released before you buy, thisn't work only for MMORPGs but for any game since forever! Im just waiting they fix everything to me play always without problems. I'm not the only one who thinks this way I have a lof of friends who understand how shit can happens with MMORPGs all the time not only in the begining.

Are you serious? there are already more players than servers can afford. Increasing more capacity will just fill up those spots even quicker. God knows how many are still in line waiting to log in while people are just AFK for hours in game.

Implementing an AFK time out would make queuing easier and less frustrating. Fixing duty finder alone isn't going to take off the load from servers.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• darthadendarthaden Member Posts: 47
    I wonder how many of the people who are getting 3102 were logged in afk when the maintenance started. I hope that's the reason for the error (doubt it but it would be justice for those who have been getting 1017 the last few weeks)
  • SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    I'm able to login now, did they sort the problems or do a server restart?
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

"In the time period just after maintenance has completed, we predict a rush of characters logging in simultaneously. In order to prevent any technical difficulties due to this login rush, we will be temporarily placing severe login restrictions. These login restrictions may occur frequently, lasting from a few minutes to ten minutes; however, restrictions will be lifted in a gradual manner as login status is carefully monitored. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Furthermore, as a result of the countermeasures taken to alleviate stress on the Duty Finder servers, we expect to be able to increase the number of players able to login simultaneously; however, if those login numbers still surpass the maximum number of possible logins in the various Worlds, please be aware that we will continue to implement login restrictions."

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4198c8c4e8b4b749e6881aa564b9b8b5c44d4061

Because we all know no one will bother reading and go right to mmorpg to complain.

Because we all know fanboys will not bother to read the OP / responses and hit reply straight away with a white knight post.

Error 3102 has nothing to do with that, its a new error where your character gets stuck in game and you cant log back on. On top of that, the game is actually booting people, meaning you sometimes cant avoid it even if you tried. My character got booted out in a cut scene and has now been unavailable for 3 hours, after the first hour I have been able to play since launch.

But hey, no one has the right to complain because its new. 2 weeks of terrible service is the norm, lets give them an award or something.

• BhobBhob Member UncommonPosts: 126

Got up at 4am to see if I could play, downloaded the patch, actually got in to play for 40 minutes, logged out, and now it says for the past hour or so I'm still logged in.  I wonder if I'm going to be able to log in when I get home from work?

Good times.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

3102 here aswell, logged in 4hrs ago fine, logged out at the inn to run errands, now this.

I find it funny that the Japanese have the same amount (if not more) of servers as NA/EU combined! It's pretty much a known fact at this point, that the minority of the playerbase is from Japan... just sayian.

And i bet they aren't experiencing these kinds of issues :D

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • TsuyamaTsuyama Member Posts: 6

I love how just because someone has experience with an MMO launch that they must be a 'Fan Boy'. I don't get the sense of self entitlement considering we are currently not paying any subscription fees. Any issue that has currently arisen with login issues will be fixed once almost everyone in the world stops trying to log in at the same time. Understandably, people are annoyed that they paid money for the game due to these issues. It's been just over a week since launch but by all means, spit the dummy out. Enjoy playing another MMO. It just means that when they do leave, the servers will be working great and we wont have that mentality within the community.

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Logged in and played some this morning, all went well. Took a playing break and logged out in an inn.

Came back an hour later and got 3102. Turned off computer and reset router. Then was unable to find NA/EU worlds. Restarted launcher and start button was greyed out. Restarted launcher again found my character but still getting 3102. Oh well, I guess no more playing for me until they do another emergency maintenance and world restarts like they did yesterday with the JP servers when this problem appeared.
    Originally posted by Tsuyama

"-Login Restrictions

In the time period just after maintenance has completed, we predict a rush of characters logging in simultaneously. In order to prevent any technical difficulties due to this login rush, we will be temporarily placing severe login restrictions. These login restrictions may occur frequently, lasting from a few minutes to ten minutes; however, restrictions will be lifted in a gradual manner as login status is carefully monitored. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

I love how just because someone has experience with an MMO launch that they must be a 'Fan Boy'. I don't get the sense of self entitlement considering we are currently not paying any subscription fees. Any issue that has currently arisen with login issues will be fixed once almost everyone in the world stops trying to log in at the same time. Understandably, people are annoyed that they paid money for the game due to these issues. It's been just over a week since launch but by all means, spit the dummy out. Enjoy playing another MMO. It just means that when they do leave, the servers will be working great and we wont have that mentality within the community.

Highlighting the post since people like Tsuyama don't bother to read OP and that error 3102 got nothing to do with login restrictions.

Originally posted by evilastro

Because we all know fanboys will not bother to read the OP / responses and hit reply straight away with a white knight post.

Error 3102 has nothing to do with that, its a new error where your character gets stuck in game and you cant log back on. On top of that, the game is actually booting people, meaning you sometimes cant avoid it even if you tried. My character got booted out in a cut scene and has now been unavailable for 3 hours, after the first hour I have been able to play since launch.

But hey, no one has the right to complain because its new. 2 weeks of terrible service is the norm, lets give them an award or something.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    We should have learned by now - once you log in NEVER NEVER NEVER logout!!
  • Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

Better pray to god you don't get unexpectedly logged out due to isp dc or power outage or something.

Your character will never log out and you wont be able to play another character on another world till he does log out.

So character limbo = account limbo.

I bet i'd have better chances of winning over $100 today on scratch-n-wins (if I played), then I would getting a hold of anyone in customer support to play.

Bought it Friday, have play a total of maybe 3 hours, great game, everything else so far has been f'd in the a

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by svann

Some have logged out, others have been booted (hidden as an error 90k or some other crap number)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Originally posted by svann

Some have logged out, others have been booted (hidden as an error 90k or some other crap number)

i keep being an idiot and logging out to switch to a different character and getting stuck with 3102...... FML

• Gatorez1913Gatorez1913 Member Posts: 15

I didn't even log in since maintenance and I'm somehow getting 3102. 

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

I logged in fine this morning, thinking "oh good, the maintenance worked! server issues are solved!"

So I logged out.

Now I get a 3102 error. 

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar

I logged in fine this morning, thinking "oh good, the maintenance worked! server issues are solved!"

So I logged out.

Now I get a 3102 error. 

And this seems to be a popular theme.

It makes me wonder if the game is unstable because it's full of AFK players or if it's unstable because it's full of limbo log outs.

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Now for me it's Goodbye 3102, hello 1017.. at least I know it's not a much of AFKers clogging up the servers, it's Characters stuck in a realm unborn. 
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

What I don't understand is that this bug has been in the game since 2010. I don't understand why they wouldn't dedicate a few resources(people) to create a connection check and or an auto log out feature after 5 minutes of inactivity.

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Originally posted by Gatorez1913

I didn't even log in since maintenance and I'm somehow getting 3102. 

Did you log out before the servers went down? They did specifically ask that everyone do that.

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75

lol, on the official forums in technical support there's a thread with now 57 pages of nothing more than lists of character names and worlds of players pleading SE to log them out due to error code 3102.

By the time I finish posting this, there will probably be over 60 pages, it is growing so fast.

• sado2020sado2020 Member Posts: 112

I consider myself more a fannboy than a hater.  But there have been problems since EA.  Not small tiny problems but things where they have been so bad the company had to stop selling the game.  That's bad. A third of my guild can't log on again. A lot of people had been frustrated since EA and were banking on this fix.  Im a bit more realistic and know how things work, but still.  If your company has a lot riding on a game like this you'd expect them to be aware of the situation

Now I for one love the game and hope it does well.  Hell I want it to grab a stupid amount of players like WoW did.  But I say if you are a fan of the game you have to admit that there are some serious flaws here right now and then need to be fixed before it hurts the game in the long run.  I am pretty confident this will get fixed but when. A day? A week? Longer? Will there be more compensation? Another apology?

Logging on super early then hiding your toon so you can go to work and praying you don't get kicked by the time you come back is not adequate at all.

Playing: TSW, D&D NW, Defiance (more the tv show than game >.> ) LotRO, DCUO