Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye 1017, Hello 3102

WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
Yep! The system thinks Im logged in when Im not is the new the queue is at cap error.

Comments

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120

Yup, same here.

[mod edit]

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Yep, getting it too.  Was pretty excited to finally get to play for a bit but I guess it's just not meant to be.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by WhiteCross

Yup, same here.

I used to be one of those oh memories :(

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Listening to the Bombcast on the way in to work this am, great part on FF14 and all the complications and errors, oh how we all can relate.

Catching up as i was on vacation last week, there is a newer episode, it was this one in case anyone is interested, it's funny cause it's true. http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-08-27-2013/1600-582/

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I've got nothing I can say here.  SMDH

I'll be trying to logon for the first time post upgrade in a few minutes.

• yrostranyrostran Member CommonPosts: 5
    Logged in and playing just fine.
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Huh, that's odd.  I logged in this morning with zero difficulties.

I also never had the 3102 error when it was rampant in beta....

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

3102 here

It seems the problem isn't logging in, it's logging out.

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

Logged in and played for an hour before work. Before leaving the house I noticed my toon had gotten disconnected, and then it kept telling me I was already logged in when I tried to relog.

I can't wait to deal with that nonsense when I get home in 7hrs LOL!

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    I'm getting it too now.. was able to login fine earlier. Just wondering but those who are getting it, do you usually logout through pressing the esc button or just by pressing the x at the top right hand corner of the window assuming you're in windowed mode? I know I press the x and might be the reason why I'm getting it. 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Tested it out this morning before heading to work and I logged in no problem. 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

yupp. I logged out for a second to switch characters and now im still logged in according to Mr. 3102 (that was almost half hour ago). Apparently i can log in on JP servers because i get on a Queue. But on NA/EU it keeps saying im already logged in....

EDIT: nope.... the queue is a lie.... it disconnected me after waiting a while.

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

Having played WoW during it's forming days, and Shadowbane as well. It's not so bad.

Being a computery techy person, sometimes the ghosts in the machine just won't let you win. No matter what you do. I'm happy we're getting feedback and I know they are probably working as hard as they can over there to get something sorted out.

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Mannish

Because clearly logging in early in the morning is the way to see if there's a problem. I was able to log in everyday in the morning without issue. Therefore, there was never any log-in issue.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Haven't you guys learned anything yet? If you manage to log in you never log out. I don't play and even I know that.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

I logged in this morning (early) and had no problems.  Created a char on my buddy's server and logged back out to take my son to school.   

Tried logging in again after returning home and that's when the 3102 message started.   

Guess this makes it even more imperative to never log out of the game. 

Also checked another server where I had a char and got the same message.  Hadn't logged in with him since before the update so this 3102 error is definitely account wide.  

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by azonic69
    Originally posted by Mannish

Because clearly logging in early in the morning is the way to see if there's a problem. I was able to log in everyday in the morning without issue. Therefore, there was never any log-in issue.

Been playing this game since it first went live and had always had issues trying to log in. This morning I had no problem at all. Never said anyting about the game not having issues but was just giving feedback on  what I experienced this morning. 

Calm down, breath, go out for a walk and think about a happy place. The world is not coming to an end. Its just a game.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    I want to state Im not whining really. Just want to be in a queue no matter how long.
  • TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148
    Figured it would still have some hiccups here.  If you didn't learn patience over this past week, chances are you won't learn it now.  Of course; that is easy for me to say when I am at work and won't be getting annoyed (by the game at least) for at least another 8 hours.  
  • teknotazteknotaz Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I guess I should of stayed login this morning. I am too getting the 3102 and having a hard time seeing the NA/EU servers again. 

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    so there log out broke again they will be fixing that today i bet also has it kicked any of your characters out?
  • TechnohicTechnohic Member Posts: 148

Just a thought.  If any of you have friends on when you are getting that error, I would be curious to know if your character is still in game while you are not.

Maybe it is time to have a timeout for inactive characters?

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Technohic
    Figured it would still have some hiccups here.  If you didn't learn patience over this past week, chances are you won't learn it now.  Of course; that is easy for me to say when I am at work and won't be getting annoyed (by the game at least) for at least another 8 hours.  

Oh please. This has nothing to do with impatience but serious lack of forethought on part of SE. One simple feature of AFK time out would solve majority of these problems.

What is the excuse for not thinking about something so simple? these are professional game devs we are talking about with years of experince not some rookies who just got into MMO business.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

There is Emergency Maintenance. Then there is Ninja Maintenance. The NA/EU world list is unavailable atm, but still no announcements regarding 3102. Really no use getting mad though. I mean, yeah, I'd love to log in and play. But I just have to wait I guess.

• DecimanDeciman Member Posts: 101

"In the time period just after maintenance has completed, we predict a rush of characters logging in simultaneously. In order to prevent any technical difficulties due to this login rush, we will be temporarily placing severe login restrictions. These login restrictions may occur frequently, lasting from a few minutes to ten minutes; however, restrictions will be lifted in a gradual manner as login status is carefully monitored. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Furthermore, as a result of the countermeasures taken to alleviate stress on the Duty Finder servers, we expect to be able to increase the number of players able to login simultaneously; however, if those login numbers still surpass the maximum number of possible logins in the various Worlds, please be aware that we will continue to implement login restrictions."

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4198c8c4e8b4b749e6881aa564b9b8b5c44d4061

Because we all know no one will bother reading and go right to mmorpg to complain.