Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "Ask the Devs a question" thread! (Not suggestions)

Comments

• grigdushergrigdusher Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by Savij
    Hi Patrick,

i want to collect some infos about the devs for some secret project of me ;D
    can you please tell me what the favorite faction+subfaction (chapters etc) of the devs are?

Miguel Caron
    Faction: ?
    Sub-Faction: ?

Steven Lumpkin

Brent Ellison
    Faction: Chaos or Deamon?

Patrick Balthazar
    Faction: Spacemarines?
    Sub-Faction: Black Templar?

David Ghozland

steven lumpkin: eldar

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

• patrickbalthazarpatrickbalthazar Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Our favorites:
    Miguel Caron
    Faction:
    Chaos Space Marines
    Sub-Faction: Iron Warriors

Steven Lumpkin
    Faction: 
    Dark Eldar
    Sub-Faction: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose

Brent Ellison
    Faction: 
    Chaos Daemons
    Sub-Faction: Tzeentch

Patrick Balthazar
    Faction:
    Space Marines
    Sub-Faction: Black Templar

David Ghozland
    Faction: 
    Space Marines 
    Sub-Faction: Dark Angels - Successor Chapter Guardians of the Covenant

Patrick Balthazar
    Tech Lead - Behaviour Online
    Lead Programmer - Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
    www.EternalCrusade.com - #eternalcrusade - @lordpada

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341

big thx!

be ready for... something interesting for the upcoming forum ;D

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

big thx!

jokaero are a grey knight subfaction?

war 40K Eternal Crusade: refferal 4$ bonus: EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-9Y7IAZJ8UZN6I

big thx!

made slight change, Miguel gave me another one for his favorite now :)

Patrick Balthazar

Originally posted by patrickbalthazar

big thx!

made slight change, Miguel gave me another one for his favorite now :)

this damn heretic! :D

so lets form a strikeforce with David ^^

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• miguelcaronmiguelcaron Studio Head - BehaviourMember UncommonPosts: 70

Dear Crusaders,

This week reveal will be the ORKS!!! and beta testing the forums right now... I know you want them but ''I'' know you are tough to please so I am making sure the forums will be a WOW factor with a lot of flexibility for you.

The way you dress gets you a date.... what happen after depends on who you are but the first impression is important.

I want to be THE cute date you have dreamed about..... figure of speaking!!!

:-)

Miguel Caron

Studio Head Behaviour Online

Studio Head of Behaviour Entertainment on WAR40K: Eternal Crusade

thats good news ^^

iam waiting so hard for this forum :)

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by miguelcaron

Dear Crusaders,

This week reveal will be the ORKS!!! and beta testing the forums right now... I know you want them but ''I'' know you are tough to please so I am making sure the forums will be a WOW factor with a lot of flexibility for you.

The way you dress gets you a date.... what happen after depends on who you are but the first impression is important.

Miguel Caron

You do realize you *will* be sacrificed to Khorne should your honeyed words be false? The ruinous powers have little time for ta-BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

Day for orky reveal? I need to see DA BOYZ.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

Originally posted by quotheraving

Ooo double post 

Anyway I look forward to the forums being open... At the moment it seems as if there are several communities all churning away in parallel, so it'll be interesting when all those worlds collide.

thats how spacehulks are born ;P

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• OniFeeZOniFeeZ Member Posts: 48

Who do I have to sacrifice and... other things...

to be a Daemon of Slaanesh?

I know Daemons aren't announced in any way shape or form (not even as something to do with Chaos Space Marines) but they would be quite tricky to pull off, although I bags playing a Keeper of Secrets!

Originally posted by OniFeeZ

Who do I have to sacrifice and... other things...

to be a Daemon of Slaanesh?

I know Daemons aren't announced in any way shape or form (not even as something to do with Chaos Space Marines) but they would be quite tricky to pull off, although I bags playing a Keeper of Secrets!

Q:
    Will daemonic possessions be in the game for both person and weapons?

A (28.08.2013 Brent):
    It's in the plans for vehicles and weapons. For people, we're still investigating.

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

It's not the same thing Savij

hmm ok then you will have to wait until daemon faction comes out ^^

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

hmm ok then you will have to wait until daemon faction comes out ^^

When/if that day comes, I could not re-roll fast enough.

Dear Crusaders,

Miguel Caron

Ooo double post 

Anyway I look forward to the forums being open... At the moment it seems as if there are several communities all churning away in parallel, so it'll be interesting when all those worlds collide.

in the year 904.M41  the ancient space hulk named  Caron of Behaviour reemerged from the warp in the proximities of the recruting world of the space marine  chapter "Beta Tester".

This space hulk it's a massive conglomerate of many space ship, the adeptus mechanicus  priest have identified many lost ship metled in the Caron of Behaviour:

the ancient  emperor class battleship http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/954

the huge ork  Hammer battleKroozer  http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/780/537854.page

the ark mechanicus https://twitter.com/40kcrusade

the lost  battle barge of the vigilia mortis chapter http://www.battle-brothers.net/forum

the dragonship http://eternalcrusader.com/

the corrupted despoiler class http://thefirstfounding.com/

Inside the horrors of this space hulk, have been detected one of the greatest  holy relic of the imperium, the ancient and revered "eternal crusade forum".

The beta tester chapter must recover and restore the ancient relic at any price.

The entire chapter assault the Caron of Behaviour, for the glory of the emperor it shall be done.

The fallen shall be forever remembered as the Emperor's finest.

The emperor protect.

Originally posted by grigdusher

Dear Crusaders,

Miguel Caron

Ooo double post 

in the year 904.M41  the ancient space hulk named  Caron of Behaviour reemerged from the warp in the proximities of the recruting world of the space marine  chapter "Beta Tester".

This space hulk it's a massive conglomerate of many space ship, the adeptus mechanicus  priest have identified many lost ship metled in the Caron of Behaviour:

the ancient  emperor class battleship http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/954

the huge ork  Hammer battleKroozer  http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/780/537854.page

the ark mechanicus https://twitter.com/40kcrusade

the lost  battle barge of the vigilia mortis chapter http://www.battle-brothers.net/forum

the dragonship http://eternalcrusader.com/

the corrupted despoiler class http://thefirstfounding.com/

Inside the horrors of this space hulk, have been detected one of the greatest  holy relic of the imperium, the ancient and revered "eternal crusade forum".

The beta tester chapter must recover and restore the ancient relic at any price.

The entire chapter assault the Caron of Behaviour, for the glory of the emperor it shall be done.

The fallen shall be forever remembered as the Emperor's finest.

The emperor protect.

can someone make an animation about this ultimate spacehulk gets born? :D

really nice work grig ;)

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

hitbox? headshot?

all the race will have the same hitbox or the body size will be considered?

als headshot: space marine have backpack and shoulder armor that "cover" the head, and have big body but human size head. Orks have "frontal" head,  it's impossibile to make an headshot from the back of an ork, and really hard make an headshot from the back or side of a space marine. Eldar instead wear bigger "conical" helmets and have a full exposed head.

also aiming for the head versus orks it's a better idea, because if you miss the head you hit the body, but if you miss an eldar head you make a "full" miss.

how it will be balanced?

hitbox? headshot?

als headshot: space marine have backpack and shoulder armor that "cover" the head, and have big body but human size head. Orks have "frontal" head,  it's impossibile to make an headshot from the back of an ork, and really hard make an headshot from the back or side of a space marine. Eldar instead wear bigger "conical" helmets and have a full exposed head.

also aiming for the head versus orks it's a better idea, because if you miss the head you hit the body, but if you miss an eldar head you make a "full" miss.

how it will be balanced?

like the rest of the game - we do not balance on a per character base, war is not balanced! But also this is not an ego shooter where only you skill with your mouse/gamepad is important, it will make a difference if you are very bad, but this is also an RPG. Also for now, a headshot is not an insta-kill, it just does more damage, but that part is up to further testing, life expectation etc is not finalized ;)

Patrick Balthazar

hitbox? headshot?

how it will be balanced?

like the rest of the game - we do not balance on a per character base, war is not balanced! But also this is not an ego shooter where only you skill with your mouse/gamepad is important, it will make a difference if you are very bad, but this is also an RPG. Also for now, a headshot is not an insta-kill, it just does more damage, but that part is up to further testing, life expectation etc is not finalized ;)

no ego shooter? so no K/D showed or simiar? it's a nice thing for me but i fear a lot of people will whine for no k/d epenis.

hitbox? headshot?

how it will be balanced?

no ego shooter? so no K/D showed or simiar? it's a nice thing for me but i fear a lot of people will whine for no k/d epenis.

put some socks into your underwear that works too :3

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• mintycmintyc Member Posts: 38

hitbox? headshot?

how it will be balanced?

if i remember corectly kharn the betrayer was rewarded with a kill counter. so if they want to go with the lore based rout they could make the kill counter a piece of gear you have to get rather than just a plain hud option ;)

that way those who want it have to work for there ego stroking and those who dont can just laugh as the chat is filled with others complining about the drop rate or the expense...etc

Originally posted by mintyc

hitbox? headshot?

how it will be balanced?

if i remember corectly kharn the betrayer was rewarded with a kill counter. so if they want to go with the lore based rout they could make the kill counter a piece of gear you have to get rather than just a plain hud option ;)

that way those who want it have to work for there ego stroking and those who dont can just laugh as the chat is filled with others complining about the drop rate or the expense...etc

Well I won't say no to a Kill Counter or K/D ratios etc, but showing off id not what this game is about, and from experience showing stuff like this makes people behave very differently in a game...as example, if there would be a K/D stat, then many players watch that stat very often, and try to make sure that they don't die in any engagement, just make sure the stat does not get worse, so their playstyle changes. This is not wh40k - a SM who does not run into battle charging and screaming? I think the problem is pretty clear, where bragging rights and showing off is important in PvP, we also want gameplay to be essentially lore like - for now, lets wait, lets get this tested in alpha and beta and adjust and decide stuff like this then!

Patrick Balthazar

Well I won't say no to a Kill Counter or K/D ratios etc, but showing off id not what this game is about, and from experience showing stuff like this makes people behave very differently in a game...as example, if there would be a K/D stat, then many players watch that stat very often, and try to make sure that they don't die in any engagement, just make sure the stat does not get worse, so their playstyle changes. This is not wh40k - a SM who does not run into battle charging and screaming? I think the problem is pretty clear, where bragging rights and showing off is important in PvP, we also want gameplay to be essentially lore like - for now, lets wait, lets get this tested in alpha and beta and adjust and decide stuff like this then!

hm ya maybe it would change some playstyles

but statistics are always very interesting, maybe make them not visible to others? so noone need to care about their K/D or other stats cause noone else will see them

and for the e-penis lovers we could invent a point system that counts together some stats and equals them into a number that let other people imagine what kind of skill that guy has

just some little thoughts :3

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337