Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ps3 version and co-op

DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126

Does anyone know if the co-op play, on ps3, is two controllers and same screen like the old baldur gates game? Looking for something to play with my bro with beer and food. 

Thanks

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Console-Review-Round-Up-Xbox-360-PS3-Ports-Get-Two-Thumbs-Up-58754.html

Game Informer - "The new 4-player couch co-op is less appealing; hacking and slashing enemies with everyone on the same screen is certainly fun, but the game’s complexity works against you. Players must share loot drops, and bringing up the inventory pauses the game for everyone. A quick equip option keeps players out of menus as much as possible, but it doesn’t convey the magic attributes of items, and you need to take turns pausing the action to assign new skills. I can see the setup working for dedicated two-person teams, but larger parties are probably better off playing together online."

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Yes in the commercial for the game they are all in co-op sharing the same TV.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Yeah, it looks great. I wouldn't mind being able to sit on the couch and play with friends at my house. I don't mind losing some drops for the ability to do that.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Nadia

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Console-Review-Round-Up-Xbox-360-PS3-Ports-Get-Two-Thumbs-Up-58754.html

Game Informer - "The new 4-player couch co-op is less appealing; hacking and slashing enemies with everyone on the same screen is certainly fun, but the game’s complexity works against you. Players must share loot drops, and bringing up the inventory pauses the game for everyone. A quick equip option keeps players out of menus as much as possible, but it doesn’t convey the magic attributes of items, and you need to take turns pausing the action to assign new skills. I can see the setup working for dedicated two-person teams, but larger parties are probably better off playing together online."

Wow really, they are that impatient that it kills them to take the time to pause occasionally to check out the drops and give each player a chance to trade and equip as needed. I just played 5 hours with my brother and a couple friends on the same T.V. and it was no big deal and a really great time. Must be talking about the ADD crowd.....

No signature, I don't have a pen

• DeadlobsterDeadlobster Member UncommonPosts: 126
    well I'm sold. My bro and I have spoke about the first Baldur's gate on the PS2 and the great fun we had tearing after loot and fighting with each other for drops. He's not a pc man other than Rome Total war and I couldn't get him into mmo's. I think Diablo will be purrfect :)
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Deadlobster
    well I'm sold. My bro and I have spoke about the first Baldur's gate on the PS2 and the great fun we had tearing after loot and fighting with each other for drops. He's not a pc man other than Rome Total war and I couldn't get him into mmo's. I think Diablo will be purrfect :)

You won't regret the purchase, it's a great game and a lot of fun in co-op online or off. Hell I just got done playing for 5 hours straight and I am ready to go right back in. image

No signature, I don't have a pen