Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game worth trying again?

I know this is another one of those threads but cant find any reviews on gamefaqs or anything yet.   I was wondering how much better this game is now compared to the mess it was a few years ago.   Obviously I dont expect another Wow-killer after so many let-downs like Aoc, Aion, Rift, SWTOR and TSW but if it was a good quality game then I might check it out. Thanks for any input.

Tbe Repopulation will be what SWTOR shouldve been.

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    What factor caused those games to let you down?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Distopia
    What factor caused those games to let you down?

what a great question.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Most likely, you won't find any real critiques of this game until a few months down the road.  After the servers get fixed (or should I say if), there will be the inevitable honeymoon phase where any real criticism of the game will be shot down by the die hard fans.  Until then, you probably won't be able to find anything nearing a clear review that isn't flamed.
  • Jairoe03Jairoe03 Member Posts: 732

There's plenty of resources online describing much of the core of the game. If you can't find it, then you obviously aren't interested enough to even try it (due to lack of motivation). I'm just quite tired of threads like these popping up like everyone is some MMO connoisseur and its up to everyone else to help you decide whether or not its even worth your precious time.

Most likely this isn't a question that anyone here can truly answer especially when these threads usually end in harsh rebuttals from OP. Do your own research and try a little harder, you will probably be able to find the answer yourself given you even carry enough interest in the game yet alone the genre itself seeing that everything else cannot match the higher levels of your "MMO pallet".

• Xav_MMOXav_MMO Member UncommonPosts: 49

Absolutely!

I was an original v1.0 CE owner and couldn't stomach the game at all. Hated it. Even while it was free I still had stopped playing and uninstalled.

The game is now a very stable - and very fun - traditional themepark MMO. You can level every class, every tradeskill, and every gathering skill on a single character. The quests and story are both very well done.

Obviously the big thing right now are the servers. The login system is trash. It is maddeningly difficult to get online at almost any hour of the day. However that is supposed to be addressed tomorrow evening I believe.

But as it stands, it is a solid game. If you can get in at all (lol), the game is smooth and stable.

If you like the traditional MMO, I say go for it.

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510

I'd leave it a month or so before trying, the servers are fucked right now. Even when you do get in, your spammed by goldsellers or there's monumental lag.

There are features missing that start as minor annoyances and soon end up making you want to smash your head into the fucking keyboard!