Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any server not overloaded (NA)???

I haven't been able to log in in a couple of days due to the world being full.  I'm sick of it and willing to abandon my 37 character and move just for a server that I don't have to put up with this crap anymore. 

Comments

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Why not try an European server? People speak English and you get similar ping XD. (Phoenix usually has no issues; specially if you login during late american time because Europeans are mostly asleep:P).
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Why not try an European server? People speak English and you get similar ping XD. (Phoenix usually has no issues; specially if you login during late american time because Europeans are mostly asleep:P).

EU and NA servers are in the same datacenter.

They will probably both be similarly affected

As an aside - character transfers aren't implemented yet, and probably not for a couple of weeks. Odds are 1017 will be mostly fixed by the time server transfers become available

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I just bought the game yesterday and took my time creating my toon (about an hour) just to find out they are not allowing any new toons into the worlds. So i was forced to quit  then to find out that my toon is lost which i don't understand because it gave me the option to save to a selected data save. So don't delete you wont get in. I just hope they will compensate for the time loss.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by sneakerz007
    I just bought the game yesterday and took my time creating my toon (about an hour) just to find out they are not allowing any new toons into the worlds. So i was forced to quit  then to find out that my toon is lost which i don't understand because it gave me the option to save to a selected data save. So don't delete you wont get in. I just hope they will compensate for the time loss.

Your character's configuration will be saved - all except the birthday/religion/class. Those 3 things you have to reselect, the rest you can reload from the save file.

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Gatorez1913
    I haven't been able to log in in a couple of days due to the world being full.  I'm sick of it and willing to abandon my 37 character and move just for a server that I don't have to put up with this crap anymore. 

Won't do you any good, everything is over loaded, give it some time for SE to work on their servers.  Let's just hope it doesn't take too long, because I do love the game but these errors due to heavy traffic / congestion is wearing off my patience little by little.    

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    To all those frustrated by login issues, check back in a month, I'll bet the situation will have improved.

My work is done here.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

Originally posted by sneakerz007

Your character's configuration will be saved - all except the birthday/religion/class. Those 3 things you have to reselect, the rest you can reload from the save file.

Ahh. Thanks for explaining. I was kinda upset thinking I lost my toon.

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

Picked up a retail copy of the game on Friday night and still haven't been able to log into any servers, and forget about trying to play with friends, that ain't happening.

Definitely a very poor launch.  I see a lot of people justifying the bad launch by saying that SE was completely caught off guard by the number of people trying to play the game.  LOL.

You honestly think that game companies don't have accurate sales figures regarding pre-orders?   And they certainly know down to the unit how many boxed copies shipped.    Add those two numbers together and you have the potential number of players that you need to accommodate at launch.    Definitely not rocket science.

If you're a huge FF / SE fan, that's fine but please stop pretending that SE was somehow blindsided and had no way to be prepared for the number of players trying to play.  

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Free server transfers are coming soon. Also more servers are coming up this week for pure server power, not to play on. So all servers should see an improvement. We waited 3 years for them to fix this game, 1-3 weeks to get server loads fixed is not that much longer =-) Give it time, its rare to see a smooth MMO launch. I think they were humbled by how many people want to play this game. I dont think they had a clue.
  • DrailliDrailli Member CommonPosts: 34

So your solution is the waste your free month of play time so they can fix their broken game.

The main problem with the game is poor design, the game lacks a feature to boot inactive players, so people are leaving their toon logged in 24/7. They go to bed they take their toon to an inn room then step away from the pc. They sleep while they hold a spot in the server. Some people scream this is a feature, and a great one, but it isn't. It is a glaring flaw.

Why? Well for the first part it keeps the servers overloaded with people doing nothing, and for the second if you crash out of the game and get 3102 errored, then your screwed. What is 3102, well if you haven't got it then you're lucky. 3102 is when your character is logged in, locking you out of the game. Since there is no idol time log out for the game 3102 locks you out until either A: the CS people log you out from their end, which takes days, or B: the server comes down for maintenance, which also takes days. 

Over all this game is just being ran poorly as hell.

• MalacthMalacth Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    To all those frustrated by login issues, check back in a month, I'll bet the situation will have improved.

My work is done here.

Your work here isn't done, you did nothing, but post something stupid.

I took your post as - "Check back in a month, even though you've just paid for the game, which you cannot play, and your free time will have expired by then. Subscribe in the hopes that everything will be fine."

What a stupid, stupid thing to say.

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by Xssiv

Picked up a retail copy of the game on Friday night and still haven't been able to log into any servers, and forget about trying to play with friends, that ain't happening.

Definitely a very poor launch.  I see a lot of people justifying the bad launch by saying that SE was completely caught off guard by the number of people trying to play the game.  LOL.

You honestly think that game companies don't have accurate sales figures regarding pre-orders?   And they certainly know down to the unit how many boxed copies shipped.    Add those two numbers together and you have the potential number of players that you need to accommodate at launch.    Definitely not rocket science.

If you're a huge FF / SE fan, that's fine but please stop pretending that SE was somehow blindsided and had no way to be prepared for the number of players trying to play.  

Its not like SE is the only company to have major issues the first couple days because of congestion issues.  Its actually routine, it happens to just about everyone.  Why it always happens when it shouldnt, I have no idea.

The problem is, SE is by an enormous margin the worst to react to it.  Its simply unacceptable to, at the very least, not implement an afk logout by now.

Originally posted by Drailli
    So your solution is the waste your free month of play time so they can fix their broken game.

T be fair the game isnt remotely broken, the game is actually fine.

Its their login and server setup thats broken.  the silver lining is that the game itself is solid (although it needs a few QoL things yesterday)

fOriginally posted by Drailli

If you are new to MMOs I can forgive this kind of thinking. If you want to play a game with no problems dont buy a new MMO the first few months of launch. Some launches are smoother then others but even Rift who had a great launch with server loads and almost no down time had huge problems with accounts getting hacked nonstop. WoW had so much down time they were handing out so much free time I didnt pay for almost 2 months from launch. I am sure SE will do something for customers that stuck through this crap lol. They have done a good job of rewarding people for their loyalty.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Free server transfers are coming soon. Also more servers are coming up this week for pure server power, not to play on. So all servers should see an improvement. We waited 3 years for them to fix this game, 1-3 weeks to get server loads fixed is not that much longer =-) Give it time, its rare to see a smooth MMO launch. I think they were humbled by how many people want to play this game. I dont think they had a clue.

Which is odd considering they had the pre-order data. I agree they don't seem to have a clue.

Originally posted by Malacth
    Originally posted by Kyleran

My work is done here.

Your work here isn't done, you did nothing, but post something stupid.

I took your post as - "Check back in a month, even though you've just paid for the game, which you cannot play, and your free time will have expired by then. Subscribe in the hopes that everything will be fine."

What a stupid, stupid thing to say.

I thought so too or is this guy suggesting you refund the game and buy it back in a month? That is a plausible solution.

• DrailliDrailli Member CommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by icculus2112
    Originally posted by Drailli

T be fair the game isnt remotely broken, the game is actually fine.

Its their login and server setup thats broken.  the silver lining is that the game itself is solid (although it needs a few QoL things yesterday)

It doesn't matter how awesome something is, if you cannot get inside it, it's broken. Simple programming logic, if you build the best program ever, and no one can run it, it's not the best program ever, it's the worst. 

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223

Exactly what I told people, you cannot hold in factor the "Human factor" you got more people that waited on release day then those that pre-ordered to go on early access.  And there was a thread earlier this week about GW2 being the "fastest" selling MMO in history or whatever.  Well, you can kiss that record good bye thanks to FF14. image

If you are new to MMOs I can forgive this kind of thinking. If you want to play a game with no problems dont buy a new MMO the first few months of launch. Some launches are smoother then others but even Rift who had a great launch with server loads and almost no down time had huge problems with accounts getting hacked nonstop. WoW had so much down time they were handing out so much free time I didnt pay for almost 2 months from launch. I am sure SE will do something for customers that stuck through this crap lol. They have done a good job of rewarding people for their loyalty.

I dont expect to be able to play during headstart/day 1.  i do expect to be able to play the second weekend..

I cant think of a single MMO that you had to resort to spamming logins instead of waiting in a queue.  I would take a 6 hour queue like Rift or SWTOR over this nonsense. 

Originally posted by icculus2112
    Originally posted by NanfoodleTh

I dont expect to be able to play during headstart/day 1.  i do expect to be able to play the second weekend..

I cant think of a single MMO that you had to resort to spamming logins instead of waiting in a queue.  I would take a 6 hour queue like Rift or SWTOR over this nonsense. 

Your right, they each had their own unique problems. This is the way of any online service when it goes live. You never know what you are going to Even beta testing is limited data when you get a real launch. The scale of a MMO launch would blow most peoples minds if they knew the tech side to it. Systems can work in very odd ways.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Its a cascading problem.

1. overloaded servers

causes

2. players dont logout since they know if they do they wont get back in

causes

1. overloaded servers

causes

3. people that arent in use autohotkey to pound on the login server

causes

4. login server errors

Originally posted by LeGrosGamer

Exactly what I told people, you cannot hold in factor the "Human factor" you got more people that waited on release day then those that pre-ordered to go on early access.  And there was a thread earlier this week about GW2 being the "fastest" selling MMO in history or whatever.  Well, you can kiss that record good bye thanks to FF14. image

Have you a link for the free server transfer announcement. Last I heard paid transfers are coming in a few weeks. GW2 was about double the size on launch not sure where you are getting your figures from there? The big difference beside the odd issue here and there is that you could just play, the over flow servers where a really innovative solution to launch congestion. Of course there might be another potential 250k FFXIV players waiting in the wings.

• HikaruuHikaruu Member CommonPosts: 103
    negative. I just created a new character in the only server that you can (which is a jap server) in the hopes of starting new and actually being able to play. unfortunately even the 1 server you can create characters in has 1017s that I haven't been able to get by for over an hour

• Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204

Made my first character on Hyperion to play with friends but could never get on and when I could the queues for DPS were over 90+ minutes so I bailed on that idea.

Rerolled a Conjurer on Couerl as it was the only server available for creation at the time and I am having significantly easier time getting in. There are periods when the server is full but not nearly as often and spam joining usually gets me in around 5 minutes. Really not too bad there.....