Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AngryJoe: Worst Game Ever - THIS is how you shred bad games!

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ya know... if I can understand AngryJoe in one thing: it is that me too bad games make angry. And I guess bad games deserve more than "fair and timid" critizism, like from some noble English Gentlemen. NO!

NO!

BAD GAMES DERSERVE TO BE SHRED TO PIECES! (verbally!)

So for all reviewers: THIS is how review BAD GAMES. Watch in awe and learn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1HTKWX15oo

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• JostleJostle Member Posts: 63
    I like Angry Joe. I prefer Yahtzee.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I counter with Superman 64 as literally the worst game ever, by another angry gamer.  :p

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Jostle

Yahtzee is cool too. Also Jim Sterling.

All three do what the game industry needs: a clear language. Calling a turd a turn and not beating around the bush like alas so many reviews. I rather have swear words, trolling and insults, when game companies insulted and trolled US the gamers by their hilariously bad shitty games. I want blood to flow, I want bomber squardons over their HQ, I want gangs mugging them! Well *verbally* speaking, not literally. I want a review be a cannonade! Not a tea party!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Don't forget TB and his first impression videos (not reviews, granted but they do give you a good idea how good of a game it is or isn't).

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Damn fun review Joe made there!

Anyone else had Malbogia from SPAWN flashbacks when Bad-Joe appeared from the deep below..?

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    The thing with Angry Joe's reviews are that its really more of an entertainment show than just a review show so I always go in looking for something else too. Some of em are LOL hilarious and some strain my bowels in a poor way but I enjoy the guys tubes none the less, love or hate the review portion. Its the thing I think makes him successful where so many wannabe tube game reviewers puke and flop on the mantle of internet watcher Darwinism. My three favorite from the recent past are Borderlands 2, Planet Side 2, and the GW 2 review he did. I rarely watch his reviews for really bad games as they lack enough source material for him to do something fun with outside of producing a Furbie dropping Francis worthy rage gritted at us from beneath overly bushy eyebrows.
  • Reiken_BirgeReiken_Birge Member UncommonPosts: 59

I love Angry Joe and I was laughing the whole way through this review. I actually started reviewing games myself because of watching Angry Joes videos. I still need to get my hands on some things so I can start making videos though so... Some day!

Anyway, I can't stand Jim Sterling. He just comes off as extremely obnoxious and not really entertaining to me so it's hard to really pay attention to him.

Kingdom of Knights - Community Manager

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Elikal

All three do what the game industry needs: a clear language. Calling a turd a turn and not beating around the bush like alas so many reviews. I rather have swear words, trolling and insults, when game companies insulted and trolled US the gamers by their hilariously bad shitty games. I want blood to flow, I want bomber squardons over their HQ, I want gangs mugging them! Well *verbally* speaking, not literally. I want a review be a cannonade! Not a tea party!

Just be carefull what you say in public image

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2013/06/28/texas-teen-could-face-eight-years-prison-comments-made-league-legends#.UiMBGGTCSJA

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Reklaw

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2013/06/28/texas-teen-could-face-eight-years-prison-comments-made-league-legends#.UiMBGGTCSJA

Sorry, I can not comment on US law and court system without getting REALLY rude, so I prefer to say nothing. Go figure.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Sorry, I can not comment on US law and court system without getting REALLY rude, so I prefer to say nothing. Go figure.

And it's not a perfect example either, since that wasn't a review simply a comment in-game.

On topic, I never was a Joe fan myself (he's way too angry to be funny sometimes :) ) but I agree, bad games need an honest review. We had around here a blog 6-7 years ago dedicated to the subject (bad pc games), so I can assure you, this biker one is far from bad, there are much worse games... sadly :)

freddyD made factual, yet funny reviews, with a reader fanbase like behind Asylum or Uwe Boll movies - fans of the "so bad it's almost funny" category. Publishers were ok with him too, since there's no such thing as bad advert... I've bought Mortyr and Sniper (Path of vengeance) only because of his reviews. I mean, seriously, http://youtu.be/K4ICPeQHMKY?t=20m12s :)  Cutscenes are like from a 10 years older game, you can fly with crouch+jump (and with it fly over walls and skip whole areas), you shoot the bus and it bleeds - but only on the yard, not in the garage :)  Epic. The whole game was bad, not working in many cases, and for a contrast it's the same engine NOLF2 had...

tl,dr: honest and funny reviews of bad games are awesome. This was one of Joe's better vids (except the start and the end, the backstory)

• Reiken_BirgeReiken_Birge Member UncommonPosts: 59

I wouldn't say this biker game was far from bad. It's bad, for sure. Worst I've seen myself in all honesty.

But I'm sure you're going to give me some horrible examples that make this biker game look good. :p

Kingdom of Knights - Community Manager

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

No. Retibution Ride to hell was not the worst game ever. There are many that were far worse. I pre-ordered Sword of the Stars 2 based on how good the first one was and it is without a doubt THE SINGLE WORST LAUNCH PURCHASE I EVER MADE. You had a strategy game that launched without an AI, missing all core features, and crashed every twenty rounds. It is the only game I ever sought and got a refund for. I will never buy anything Kerebros made as a result again as the lead developers attitude, comments, and out right scamming of the community was disgraceful.

PS: Oh, remember that Atari Pool of Radiance remake that wiped everyone's hard drive clean?