Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV a love hate relationship!

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

This game is so beautiful and is very fun storywise and cinematic.  Yet I can't log in for half hour without spaming my Number 0 on my key keypad which is a simple way to say pressing enter till it logs in.   I find this game so incredibly addicting that I havent done house chores for a week straight.  Its saturday morning and i cant get in at the moment, but  I guess thats a good thing because I guess now I can do my house work finally.

I love you FFXIV, I hate you log ins!

Comments

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Don't worry, about half the people currently 'playing' the game and keeping you from being able to login are also off running errands or hosting a cookout or off at the movies. My system just crashed due to congestion lag while running past a blue crystal with about 50 people standing around it afk. I'll be lucky at this rate if I can get back on today.

Really great idea, SE, not having an auto-boot for afk ...
  • SkylightFortressSkylightFortress Member Posts: 34
    Yea this game is pretty fun when I can actually log in. As it is right Now I spend more time trying to play the game than I spend actualy playing the game... its sucks!
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by IMBanks
    Don't worry, about half the people currently 'playing' the game and keeping you from being able to login are also off running errands or hosting a cookout or off at the movies. My system just crashed due to congestion lag while running past a blue crystal with about 50 people standing around it afk. I'll be lucky at this rate if I can get back on today.

Yeah it sucks that people don't logout when they are done playing. I do my part and logout everytime, but then again the login issues I've had are minimal playing on Phoenix Europe server.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by IMBanks

Well they do kinda have a right to, and even if SE did that, people would set up easy contraptions to keep thier characters from being afk.   I forgot it was a saturday morning or I probably would have done the same!

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    It's a decent game but i don't see how it's worth a subscription, it's no more high quality than anything else on the market that you can play for free. Also you can't even login to this game 90% of the time and there are numerous  bots and gold spammers in game. So much for p2p filtering out the bad apples.
  • SkylightFortressSkylightFortress Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    It's a decent game but i don't see how it's worth a subscription, it's no more high quality than anything else on the market that you can play for free. Also you can't even login to this game 90% of the time and there are numerous  bots and gold spammers in game. So much for p2p filtering out the bad apples.

Pay to play filters out nothing, but its still worth a sub if only to avoid a cash shop. Very few of the games out there do cash shops right. I will gladly pay a sub just so I don't have to deal with buy this, buy that. Sure a free to play game is free to play, but rarely are free to play games fun if you don't buy anything. I think this game is just fine the way it is(minus the server issues).

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Strange, I havent run into one single bot yet, and gold spam?  What server are you on, I never got any gold spam...   Strange.   Very Strange.... Me thinks you dont have an account!

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by fistorm

Strange, I havent run into one single bot yet, and gold spam?  What server are you on, I never got any gold spam...   Strange.   Very Strange.... Me thinks you dont have an account!

i havent seen any yet

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by fistorm

i havent seen any yet

Gold spammers are definitely in the game. Just logged of of Malboro, and was being spammed by the same guy about every 15-20 minutes to buy gil.