Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I show Photoshop Icons in Windows 8 explorer?

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I was used to Photoshop Icons showing in the Explorer in Windows XP a miniature display of the pic. Alas in Windows 8 this isn't the case. Can anyone help me here pls?

And no I dont want to install another file explorer. ^^

Thanks.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    In Windows Explorer look in the View tab's Ribbon and see if some of the options there do what you want.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Grunty
    In Windows Explorer look in the View tab's Ribbon and see if some of the options there do what you want.

Hm, somehow that didn't help. :(

I can see the preview for JPGs and other pics, but not for PSD files.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

I know nothing about photoshop.

The only other thing I can think of is to associate those file extension types to an image viewing application like Irfanview. BUT do so will lose their association to Photoshop and to open them in it you would have to right-click and choose Open with... each and every time.

And I still don't know if you would see a thumbnail image of the file.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Probably better to ask in a Photoshop specific forum
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Grunty

I know nothing about photoshop.

The only other thing I can think of is to associate those file extension types to an image viewing application like Irfanview. BUT do so will lose their association to Photoshop and to open them in it you would have to right-click and choose Open with... each and every time.

And I still don't know if you would see a thumbnail image of the file.

Nope, didnt work either. :(

Yeah, I tried to google for the answer, but it didn't really help: 10 people with 10 different opinions. Some say install a different viewer, some advise some dubious DLL download I dont know if thats a virus...