Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning without Pandaren

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Just want to try the game again and start a new character, but having to pay both the pandaren expansion and a sub is just to much for an extended trial...

so if i just resub withouth the pandaren expansion what limitations will i have while leveling my Dwarf Shaman?

( is it safe to asume that the pandaren monk i created during my 8 day free trial will be unavailable withouth the expansion activated)

( can i play the game on my installed game from that trial that also includes the pandaren expansion)

the €12sub is not a barrier that can withold me from trying the game again, but the €35 expansion could be... So just subbing seems the smart thing to do for me if there are not to many negative effects for leveling a new toon. (My old toons have not been played for years and require to much investment to get my playing to the right level agin, i prefer new toons when returning to a game.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

None that can answer my questions, or just one of them?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    You can't level to 90 and you can't travel to Pandaria. That is all
  • palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    Price of MOP drops sometimes to 10eu, just watch from time to time
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    yeah one mate bought it today 9,95 so it snot that much. and yes you cant go panda maps and train toon up to 90 without expa.
  • TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Just want to try the game again and start a new character, but having to pay both the pandaren expansion and a sub is just to much for an extended trial...

so if i just resub withouth the pandaren expansion what limitations will i have while leveling my Dwarf Shaman?

( is it safe to asume that the pandaren monk i created during my 8 day free trial will be unavailable withouth the expansion activated)

( can i play the game on my installed game from that trial that also includes the pandaren expansion)

the €12sub is not a barrier that can withold me from trying the game again, but the €35 expansion could be... So just subbing seems the smart thing to do for me if there are not to many negative effects for leveling a new toon. (My old toons have not been played for years and require to much investment to get my playing to the right level agin, i prefer new toons when returning to a game.

I wasnt able play the monk without MoP expansion bought. I made him in trial period.

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    Can't go to the new continent, can't do new raids/dungeons, can't level past 85. Everything else is all good though!
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    If i am not mistaken they will lower the price of expansion to a very affordable number when patch 5.5 or pre patch to next expansion goes live. without MoP you can not enter pandaria and upgrade your professions to MoP max. and you will also miss several events connected to the MoP storyline. overall you will be missing lots of stuff that is common with WoW where every new expansion makes previous contents obsolete.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by SmellyNanner
    Can't go to the new continent, can't do new raids/dungeons, can't level past 85. Everything else is all good though!

So nothing that prevents me from accessing all things i need while leveling to 85, thanks... Just what i needed to know... 

I know i can make a panda wthout the expansion, but what zone would it start?

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    If i am not mistaken they will lower the price of expansion to a very affordable number when patch 5.5 or pre patch to next expansion goes live. without MoP you can not enter pandaria and upgrade your professions to MoP max. and you will also miss several events connected to the MoP storyline. overall you will be missing lots of stuff that is common with WoW where every new expansion makes previous contents obsolete.

I know that people like the Pandaria, but to me it already doesnt feel like WoW. Even I already have Pandaria, I have all the expansion. Pandaria is to much different for me. :( 

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by SmellyNanner

So nothing that prevents me from accessing all things i need while leveling to 85, thanks... Just what i needed to know... 

I know i can make a panda wthout the expansion, but what zone would it start?

You'll start in the panda land. Which is a pretty cool starting zone. Definitely worth a shot my man.