Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why can I not buy 1 of something? (Market Board)

ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Title says it all really. Went looking for some dyes to dye my armor, and...I have to buy EVERY dye that color that that vendor is selling? I couldn't just buy 2? Why on earth?

Can someone please explain that one to me?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Comments

• CyberdownCyberdown Member Posts: 10

your doing it wrong?

I have no problems buying one at a time, I don't recall doing anything special to achieve this...seems to happen naturally for me.

in fact last time I used the market was to buy a 5 stack of dye as well...I bought them each one at a time..

so im not sure what you are doing wrong, only that it seem to be the natural or default setup to buy stacks one at a time. 

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    There's an NPC that sells dyes. Near where the market board is in Ul'dah.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Click on the item you want and the choose the quantity..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

I haven't been able to adjust quantities on the market board (I would like to know as well).  It seems like the quantity is up to the seller.  They have the option of determining the quantity.  

From my experience as a seller, when you go to sell a stack of items, you pick the size of the stack.  If you want to sell them individually or in smaller stacks, you have to list each stack or item separately (or maybe there is a check box that I'm missing?)

I imagine what you're seeing is simply players not understanding how the listing system works (or maybe I am misunderstanding as well).  It is frustrating because it does seem that you are forced to buy an entire stack of something that is listed (especially for items you only need a few of).

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Isnt the Market Board the AH? Usually you have to either buy the whole package or not buy anything. Dont see why dyes arent being put up 1 at a time though. Seems to me players would only ever buy either or 5 to dye a whole outfit?

Havent really used AH yet other than look at it but.... /shrug
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    It does make for some interesting market gameplay.  If someone is selling 100 widgets for 5g each you might be able to charge more per for a smaller stack.  If someone only needed 10 they might buy your stack of 10 for 10g each rather than paying 500g for 100.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by svann
    It does make for some interesting market gameplay.  If someone is selling 100 widgets for 5g each you might be able to charge more per for a smaller stack.  If someone only needed 10 they might buy your stack of 10 for 10g each rather than paying 500g for 100.

Yup, I love it. I actually bought something at a higher unit price for precisely that reason earlier today.

I really hope this is an intended mechanic and not just me being ignorant or there being a bug. :D

-----------------

Furthermore, you seem to be limited to only 20 selling slots on your retainer? (Think you can hire two though?)

• sellerandfriendssellerandfriends Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    If you want to buy something really specific, I suggest you to go to a FFXIV Market, since you'll be able to get everything from players from all over the world.

Don't know about you, but is better than the in-game market system.
  • HuuhjiHuuhji Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    If you can't buy ffxiv items from Market Board, you can also them from other reliable places.