Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does TSW get such slow content updates?

2»

Comments

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I think TSW is one of the best mmos in the last 6-7 years, but I knew, even when it was sub based, that it would be hard for them to come out with content fast enough, since the content, imo was really well done, good stories behind the quests and such.  Seems so much work went into things that keeping up with people in a themepark would almost be impossible.

Still, if someone has not played it, it is well worth it, and I got easily over 200x the play time in it, then I did in GW2, which is more popular, but not everyone finds the same things 'fun'.  At the price it is now, I do not see why someone that is curious would not just grab it. 

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by Drakynn

No I'm mocking someone mocking someone for wanting more information before buying.

Fair enough... I'm just so tired of seeing that particular argument used against any MMO that isn't F2P, that the moment I see something that seems along those lines, my "oh, here we go again" instincts kick in. Mea culpa.

If people choose to buy blind then it's their choice and they pay the consequences.Caveat Emptor.

Agreed.

Since you ask I research any purchase I'm making or service I intend to use and compare them to other products and services before committing to a purchase.That's just being smart.I do that for all areas of my consumerism and don't single out just MMORPGs for special treatment though it seems you do.

Errr... I know it was intended to be a slight, but I'm not sure what exactly that last remark is supposed to mean? I don't single out anything. I was remarking on how  people will buy things on Blind Faith ('cause even with research, nothing is a guarantee) and be fine with the possible consequences (they end up not liking it and regretting the purchase)... except when it comes to MMOs. Then suddenly they "demand more" to "justify the purchase". It just rings hollow as an argument when I see it made, and I was remarking on that.

I don't condone Blind Faith in anything because questioning is always healthy.But if people choose to not question that is their right.

Agreed. The problem isn't when they choose not to question. The problem is when they refuse to acknowledge that not questioning plays a major part in a poor purchase decision. The whole personal accountability thing.

None of this was a knock on TSW which you seem out to defend from any imagined slight.

Err... again, no. You're doing fine in your regular responses to me. But these arbitrary 'jabs' are falling short.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Ayulin

No I'm mocking someone mocking someone for wanting more information before buying.

Fair enough... I'm just so tired of seeing that particular argument used against any MMO that isn't F2P, that the moment I see something that seems along those lines, my "oh, here we go again" instincts kick in. Mea culpa.

If people choose to buy blind then it's their choice and they pay the consequences.Caveat Emptor.

Agreed.

Since you ask I research any purchase I'm making or service I intend to use and compare them to other products and services before committing to a purchase.That's just being smart.I do that for all areas of my consumerism and don't single out just MMORPGs for special treatment though it seems you do.

Errr... I know it was intended to be a slight, but I'm not sure what exactly that last remark is supposed to mean? I don't single out anything. I was remarking on how  people will buy things on Blind Faith ('cause even with research, nothing is a guarantee) and be fine with the possible consequences (they end up not liking it and regretting the purchase)... except when it comes to MMOs. Then suddenly they "demand more" to "justify the purchase". It just rings hollow as an argument when I see it made, and I was remarking on that.

I don't condone Blind Faith in anything because questioning is always healthy.But if people choose to not question that is their right.

Agreed. The problem isn't when they choose not to question. The problem is when they refuse to acknowledge that not questioning plays a major part in a poor purchase decision. The whole personal accountability thing.

None of this was a knock on TSW which you seem out to defend from any imagined slight.

Err... again, no. You're doing fine in your regular responses to me. But these arbitrary 'jabs' are falling short.

My mistake the first jab was because you seemed to be saying that MMORPGs should be bought on blind faith.I would agree nothing is guaranteed well unless it comes with a guarantee...but research and questioning can help you minimize the risk of dissatisfaction.Even questions based on misinformation are useful because that can lead to misconceptions being cleared up.But I retract the jab as it was childish on my part.

The Second jab was just a response to you seeming have to respond to every post int he thread with negative overtones toward TSW,but I do agree that people portraying TSW as an abject failure are exaggerating.It's not wildly successful but it's clearly generating profit.SO I withdraw this jab too since that's what you are responding too.

My apologies.

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334

My mistake the first jab was because you seemed to be saying that MMORPGs should be bought on blind faith.I would agree nothing is guaranteed well unless it comes with a guarantee...but research and questioning can help you minimize the risk of dissatisfaction.Even questions based on misinformation are useful because that can lead to misconceptions being cleared up.But I retract the jab as it was childish on my part.

The Second jab was just a response to you seeming have to respond to every post int he thread with negative overtones toward TSW,but I do agree that people portraying TSW as an abject failure are exaggerating.It's not wildly successful but it's clearly generating profit.SO I withdraw this jab too since that's what you are responding too.

My apologies.

It's all good.

We're imperfect humans communicating through an imperfect medium.

Misunderstandings will happen.

HF

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    episode 7!this means 7 update since lunch!buy the game episode 5 6 and 7 are to be baught .but at a appoint you get the=to one episode so only 2 other episode to buy!I play this game total cost about45$ nons no monthly!me I love the lore in this game but its 16 +.