Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN Map with Lore!

Burdoc101Burdoc101 Member UncommonPosts: 283

Want to first say (before I am attacked in anyway) I was inspired to do this by eqnextfans.com and there wonderful dissection of the map they did. Here is the link: http://www.eqnextfans.com/articles/25336-dissecting-the-everquest-next-map (I tried posting there but unfortunately couldn't get my images to work).

[Edit] And figured out how to post on their forums lol. Derp :-(

Secondly, this is my crude interpretation of the lore in the new history of EQN that we know of so far. My educated guess for the locations of places came from SOE videos, the two e-books and similar sources. I have noticed small errors within the e-books such as cardinal directions being confused and such, so I have taken those into account and every way I look at the map provided (so far), it doesn't add up to those given errors. However, I could be completely wrong and overlooking something major/minor. That said, please give feedback, draw your own map, and correct me.

I do have a list of (chaotic) notes I made while researching that could be for a fun look through if any of you want to see them (major spoilers though!). I don't know how to create a post with a large amount of text and keep it hidden so it doesn't blow up your window with spam (same with these images woofa!). Anyways, enjoy the maps.

I am new to images on the forums so here is a link to photo bucket for them if they don't work on here.

http://s941.photobucket.com/user/SFF2000/library/?sort=3&page=1

[Edit] After posting, saw that you may have to use the horizontal scrolls bars to see full images.

[Edit 8/28/2013]

Of course to my dismay (and from helpful posters) I found that this map is but of a "sample continent". So this could be Antonica, it could be a different map or it could be Amaril or not at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr3yhrXo9cg - Just Past the 2:10 min marker.

My only conclusion that this would be Amaril is from comparing maps of EQ 1, EQ 2 and EQOA online adventures. And just for fun this post on EQNext Fans website about lore and the name changing. To sum it up, it talks about the names changes Tunare, Antonica and Amaril due to the gods of the world. Still a great read if you have the time.

http://www.eqnextfans.com/news/25360-amaril-and-the-gods-of-everquest-next

Original EQN Map

EQN Lore 001

EQN Lore 002

Comments

• wizardanimwizardanim Member Posts: 278
    I have been lead to believe that ashfang is the dirt area to the north east.  Due to the very rocky and uneven surface.  Are you sure ashfang is in the south west?
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    its a bit a shame that the world looks so constructed...takes a bit of the authenticity...
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I'm keenly interested in learning the ever quest lore in preparation for ever quest next..thank you for posting this.

Pity they arn't keeping continuity with the previous lore makes things super harder learn.

If anyone else has any good resources or anything worthwhile learning please let me know :)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414

I was under the understanding that was just a continent they showed and not an actual representation of any area in EQNext.

IE...the game world will not look like that.

• Burdoc101Burdoc101 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by wizardanim
    I have been lead to believe that ashfang is the dirt area to the north east.  Due to the very rocky and uneven surface.  Are you sure ashfang is in the south west?

I came to the conclusion that Ashfang was to the south west, because the fly throughs at the reveal showed the Feerott and Ashfang are connected. Due to lore and the map I found the Feerott to be at the given location.

Originally posted by Nemesis7884
    its a bit a shame that the world looks so constructed...takes a bit of the authenticity...

Well I know I am not the best when it comes to editing images (so I could have made the map worse with those blobs on it) and this is just early info subject to change with SOE. Were you hoping that all of the world was procedurally generated? I think they need to make some sense of the top layer for nostalgia reasons.

Originally posted by HighMarshal

I was under the understanding that was just a continent they showed and not an actual representation of any area in EQNext.

I haven't head anything like it, but this is just the first map they have shown us and everything is subject to change of course (and I could be completely wrong in the end). I know however that the first continent is going to be called Amaril (Antonica).

Originally posted by Nitth

I'm keenly interested in learning the ever quest lore in preparation for ever quest next..thank you for posting this.

Pity they arn't keeping continuity with the previous lore makes things super harder learn.

If anyone else has any good resources or anything worthwhile learning please let me know :)

Appreciate it first off. :-)

Second, they had to start over fresh. This makes it a lot easier and the lore from EQ II and EQ I there is a ton of. Imagine having to recreate all of that and make sure you are right in the next game you create. They do have people from the old games however for the lore so I am sure there will be similar nostalgia lore. I think their Star Trek example was perfect enough to explain their philosophy. Also look at EQ II, the world is pretty much underwater, can't move forward or expand on that world.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    Originally posted by Burdoc101

Well I know I am not the best when it comes to editing images (so I could have made the map worse with those blobs on it) and this is just early info subject to change with SOE. Were you hoping that all of the world was procedurally generated? I think they need to make some sense of the top layer for nostalgia reasons.

na not at all, i mean after all, the everquest world looks like that...just saying by dividing the regions they could have been a bit more accurate and authentic...look for example at the warhammer world. It does also include all different types of climate but it doesnt feel generic or artificial.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
         I think the map looks fine so far.. I don't find it  artificial at all, especially considering how our west coast / Rocky mnts looks like from space..  We have Nevada desert, California palms, Oregon forest and Colorado Mnts, along with Grand Canyon all within 1 time zone..  The trick will be how they do transition moving from one zone to the other.. 
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Omoshiroi!

So, I only know Norrath in the variant of Everquest 2, where everything was scattered into islands. It is... weird for me to see it all now connected as one continent. ^^

I know only some of it from EQ2. But it does look plausible, the first image.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

http://i3.minus.com/iTtg7bYiUlCTb.png This one seems very accurate to me goinmg from the knowledge i have from EQ1. not my map though.

na not at all, i mean after all, the everquest world looks like that...just saying by dividing the regions they could have been a bit more accurate and authentic...look for example at the warhammer world. It does also include all different types of climate but it doesnt feel generic or artificial.

Ahh more organic. Hmm, maybe the EQN planet is on a different tilt/axis though lol. Hopefully it will feel organic once your inside the world. Transitioning through biomes in Minecraft doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you see jungle trees next to snow...it would be cool to see jungle like trees with snow lol (ex: Crysis).

@Sanshi44

I have seen that one before, it seems pretty well put together. Only thing we are lacking is the proof for the EQN world. I cannot wait for more lore, going to keep updating my map as it comes out.

[Edit]

I would make one change to the map you provided. To move Grobb to the Feerott. I remember how close the ogre and troll city were before, but I think with EQN it is going to be a much larger world and much different. If I had to guess the elf races are going to be combined and only look different from character creation and roleplaying. Atleast my guess for wood elf and high elf. It seems dark elf will be a different playable race atleast. And I really hope I am wrong. Would love the playable races from EQ to be in the game and separate from each other not just by looks but by stats as well.

Originally posted by Elikal

Omoshiroi!

So, I only know Norrath in the variant of Everquest 2, where everything was scattered into islands. It is... weird for me to see it all now connected as one continent. ^^

I know only some of it from EQ2. But it does look plausible, the first image.

To say the least! When I was putting together my map I was looking at EQ1, EQ2, EQOA and EQN. Its really cool seeing the difference, but EQ 2 should of had pirate classes or sea warfare, because that world was all water lol. I got two characters in EQ II (didn't get to high level content, only lv30ish), so correct me if there is indeed sea warfare :-).  

I came to the conclusion that Ashfang was to the south west, because the fly throughs at the reveal showed the Feerott and Ashfang are connected. Due to lore and the map I found the Feerott to be at the given location.

I never made the conclusion that the forest in the ashfang video was indeed Feerott.  At first, after I read the lore, that the Greenblood River could be the small river coming from the mountains on the right of the map, running west to east.  However, I checked again and now do agree with you.  The lore says:

• The Greenblood flowed from northeast to southwest, cutting through the city. The majority of the [Quin’Sari] city sat to the east of the [Greenblood] river, leaving only about a third on the western side.

Knowing this, the only river that we see that could run east to west is the river you pointed out, coming down from the mountains.  The rest can be inferred from here, that ashfang is indeed in the south west.  

I am not so sure about the feerott though, how do we know that the forest in the ashfang video is feerott?

<snip>

I am not so sure about the feerott though, how do we know that the forest in the ashfang video is feerott?

To be clear, I do believe Feerott is in that location, I'd just like to be able to confirm it in some way.  Everything has pointed to that forest being in that area of the world.

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359

Isn't that the example landmass used to discuss Landmark and not the actual game map?

Not sure that is the official landmass that will be used but without concrete proof either way might as well keep guessing.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414

I haven't head anything like it, but this is just the first map they have shown us and everything is subject to change of course (and I could be completely wrong in the end). I know however that the first continent is going to be called Amaril (Antonica).

What he said was that was not Antonica. It could mean that continent is not in the world, or that is another continent in the world.

To be clear, I do believe Feerott is in that location, I'd just like to be able to confirm it in some way.  Everything has pointed to that forest being in that area of the world.

I have them connected, because of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh_0neHhR0k. Pay close attention to the background (even during the character and Ashfang run through). You will see a forest that has high canopies and a mountain range even further behind it in the beginning of the video. Going past the 1:20 min marker (into the actual Ashfang fly through) you will see the Wizard Spire then the same high canopy trees. Pause and look closely at the tree details. You will see they match the exact trees in the Feerott fly through.

I am only disappointed there wasn't grassland leading from Ashfang into the Feerott as described in the lore. Which would make my placement of Bastion off and should be more to the north, but again the lore states it is south of the river (thanks to the Tier'Dal retreat away from Bastion) ,along the western coastline, west of the mountains. Bastion is suppose to be on a coastline with somewhat hilly grassland area outside its walls, even the fight with the Ring of Scale I pictured hilly, tall grassy terrain. What did you see?

Of course 500 years can change landscape in dramatic ways (and that could be a valid excuse for them). I hope they give us more lore content and an updated map soon.  

Originally posted by Markusrind

Isn't that the example landmass used to discuss Landmark and not the actual game map?

Not sure that is the official landmass that will be used but without concrete proof either way might as well keep guessing.

They stated that was the continent Amaril. EQN and Landmark has a grey area where they are different, but the same. They did state Landmark will have Amaril which will be used for lore friendly player made content. And then other continents that were procedurally generated for the rest of your creative ideas. And since they used the same landmass to discuss EQN at the debut about the lore. I would say it is official (only later in the presentation did they reveal Landmark).  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4nswWwgLEw

Past the 28:30 mark will the map show up.

[Edit]

Of course I could be completely wrong about everything :-(.

"Sample Continent." - Past 2:10min marker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr3yhrXo9cg

What he said was that was not Antonica. It could mean that continent is not in the world, or that is another continent in the world.

Hmm, but look at the EQ1, EQ2, and EQOA maps of Antonica and compare them to Amaril. They look pretty dang similar don't you think? Now of course they are all completely different in their own right, but you have to remember that EQN has new lore and new lore comes with changes to what we all remember and love. And not to say that you are wrong, because you could be most certainly right. (Wish they dropped more lore for me to mash my brain on while I wait for Landmark atleast).  

Could you find the quote/video of this for me? Going to re-watch the panels to search in the mean time (thanks lol) :-).

[Edit]

Of course I could be completely wrong about everything :-(.

"Sample Continent."- Past 2:10min marker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr3yhrXo9cg