Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't handle MMO launches?

The amount of trolling this game is recieving for problems every mmo has at launch, needi remind you all of gw2? how about you go get laid and come back in a few days.

TBH is this is the respect you show the game and the devs for such pathetic issues you should not be playing mmos let alone EVER EVER call yourself an mmo gamer and fan, its outright disgusting the way some of you guys are behaving, 30 days free with the box was a gift, they did not have to give us 30 days, be happy you even got it and not to mention the fact the game costs £15.99, how much did i pay for swtor? £50 GW2? £40

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Chattaway

The amount of trolling this game is recieving for problems every mmo has at launch, needi remind you all of gw2? how about you go get laid and come back in a few days.

TBH is this is the respect you show the game and the devs for such pathetic issues you should not be playing mmos let alone EVER EVER call yourself an mmo gamer and fan, its outright disgusting the way some of you guys are behaving, 30 days free with the box was a gift, they did not have to give us 30 days, be happy you even got it.

This is there 2nd time trying too launch this, 3rd time is a charm ive heard ?

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

TBH is this is the respect you show the game and the devs for such pathetic issues you should not be playing mmos let alone EVER EVER call yourself an mmo gamer and fan, its outright disgusting the way some of you guys are behaving, 30 days free with the box was a gift, they did not have to give us 30 days, be happy you even got it.

Not sure if serious.....

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Guild Wars 2's launch was easy, you have no idea how awesome it was.
  • Originally posted by Syno23

So awesome yes... i remember my friend spamming for a week to get on my server, i remember guesting not working, i remember lag spikes, what was your point again?

• Originally posted by Mako482

Not sure if serious.....

Why not? im dead serious, get a life and stop complaining about a game you have no love or respect for.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

30 days isn't a gift it's part of the purchase price of the MMO.  If a company released a MMO without that and made you pay a sub day 1 they would be asking you to pay $10 - $15 dollars more than every other MMO released for the game and anyone who purchased the game would have to make a personal decision on if the game was worth commanding a higher premium or not.

I don't own FF XIV so can't say one way or another if the launch was good or bad but I don't think it's to much to ask for a company to have their act together when they launch a product.  Giving them flack for a poor launch is just as justified as giving Microsoft flack for selling overheating XBOX 360's because they rushed them to market without proper testing.  If a company wants my business I expect them to deliver on what they are promising and am not afraid to speak up if they don't.

Stop trying to defend large multinational companies for poor planning and execution.  They don't need your help.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Syno23

So awesome yes... i remember my friend spamming for a week to get on my server, i remember guesting not working, i remember lag spikes, what was your point again?

No really, GW2 had no REAL servers issue outside maybe the first couple of days.

He couldn't play (temporarily) with YOU, but he could play on another server and later on move.

OR you could have moved. And TOR issue was the long queues but most people could get in, eventually

• Originally posted by muthax

No really, GW2 had no REAL servers issue outside maybe the first couple of days.

He couldn't play (temporarily) with YOU, but he could play on another server and later on move.

OR you could have moved. And TOR issue was the long queues but most people could get in, eventually

Just like how ive always being able to play FFXIV? spam to log in for 5 min and i get in... and if the server is full you wait an hour or two and then its open, GW2 was locked for a week+ and you think this is ok? did i play an mmo to solo? get off your high horse mighty guardian of tyria.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I remember GW2.. the launch was so bad I walked away for a week.  Last night at 7pm EST I logged in to FFXIV, created a character, and started playing on a NA server during primetime.  I had prepped myself for days after the crying and angst on here.  And come to find out there were no issues... go figure.

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200

did i play an mmo to solo? get off your high horse mighty guardian of tyria.

Gee with the kind of attitude you are displaying here I suspect you did play an mmo to solo, I can't imagine anyone wanting to group with you long enough to complete a single quest lol.

• XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105

GW2 doesn't even compare. Must be a joke. Very smooth launch for what I can remember (at least here in Europe).

However, FF14 Reborn keeps telling "server full" / all kind of errors. I have yet to succeed to see my character in game. We are August 28.

You must understand some people have paid for the game with early access, they have the right to be in anger. All they've been able to do in the game so far is staring at a "You can't connect" window.

"OH SHUTTAP it's just an MMO real life exists outside"

No.

I am getting tired of this excuse. It's not because it's an MMO that people should accept being *** and pay for stuff that doesn't work as advertised. A lot of MMO's with names "lesser known" than Final Fantasy launched without (much) issues. Not being able to connect/play for two full days is unacceptable.a

• Originally posted by udon

30 days isn't a gift it's part of the purchase price of the MMO.  If a company released a MMO without that and made you pay a sub day 1 they would be asking you to pay $10 - $15 dollars more than every other MMO released for the game and anyone who purchased the game would have to make a personal decision on if the game was worth commanding a higher premium or not.

I don't own FF XIV so can't say one way or another if the launch was good or bad but I don't think it's to much to ask for a company to have their act together when they launch a product.  Giving them flack for a poor launch is just as justified as giving Microsoft flack for selling overheating XBOX 360's because they rushed them to market without proper testing.  If a company wants my business I expect them to deliver on what they are promising and am not afraid to speak up if they don't.

Stop trying to defend large multinational companies for poor planning and execution.  They don't need your help.

Firstly this is a gift, they are under no obligation to have to but in 30 days of free game time, the reason they do is because its common trend not a requirement, the game costs 1/4th of any other mmo at launch and people still complain, you say i defend big company’s? Xbox’s were not tested as you say, but you do realize an MMO launch is nothing like that, can you judge what will happen when 500,000 people log into the game when beta only had 250,000? Sorry... did dr who come down in his tardis and give SE the future to be? The issues come from soo many people using the duty finder is broke the system, dare say i defend big companies; stuff happens that we cannot control and people use this as ammunition to troll and slag off games.

Originally posted by muthax

Just like how ive always being able to play FFXIV? spam to log in for 5 min and i get in... and if the server is full you wait an hour or two and then its open, GW2 was locked for a week+ and you think this is ok? did i play an mmo to solo? get off your high horse mighty guardian of tyria.

For a start, I am not saying anything about FFXIV, as I don't play it. Nor I have anything negative to say about it for the same reasons. I am just saying that your experience with those games doesn't represent THE TRUTH. And honestly, I think you are the one that needs to get off the high horse, not to mention that "did i play an mmo to solo" is a ludicrous statement, considering your server was locked because too full.... sigh

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Just remember big companies are made of many people.  And guess what people make mistakes!  Hell even Windows has bugs and MS is one of the largest tech companies in the world.  I'm sure they make SE look like pea.  And, they have had much more experience in OS development compared to SEs MMO experience.

Edit: IF you don't play FFXIV and don't plan to, wtf are you doing here?

• Originally posted by Elfahiar

GW2 doesn't even compare. Must be a joke. Very smooth launch for what I can remember (at least here in Europe).

However, FF14 Reborn keeps telling "server full" / all kind of errors. I have yet to succeed to see my character in game. We are August 28.

You must understand some people have paid for the game with early access, they have the right to be in anger. All they've been able to do in the game so far is staring at a "You can't connect" window.

No.

I am getting tired of this excuse. It's not because it's an MMO that people should accept being *** and pay for stuff that doesn't work as advertised. A lot of MMO's with names "lesser known" than Final Fantasy launched without (much) issues. Not being able to connect/play for two full days is unacceptable.a

Sorry pal thats bull, how can you not log in for to days? my friend jsut made his char on odin last night, was full 1 hour earlier, now he has made his char, ive been able to play all day every day, and relog at primetime, if you get an error you retry till you get in the queue, wtf are you talking about? you cannot play for days?

For a start, I am not saying anything about FFXIV, as I don't play it. Nor I have anything negative to say about it for the same reasons. I am just saying that your experience with those games doesn't represent THE TRUTH. And honestly, I think you are the one that needs to get off the high horse, not to mention that "did i play an mmo to solo" is a ludicrous statement, considering your server was locked because too full.... sigh

That means i did not play an MMO to SOLO so not being able to play with my friends was soloing, against my will, understand?

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by Mako482

Not sure if serious.....

Why not? im dead serious, get a life and stop complaining about a game you have no love or respect for.

I will say, it sure is fun watching fanboys like you defending Square Enix incompetence. Say what you want, this makes SE look really bad.

Originally posted by NetSage

Just remember big companies are made of many people.  And guess what people make mistakes!  Hell even Windows has bugs and MS is one of the largest tech companies in the world.  I'm sure they make SE look like pea.  And, they have had much more experience in OS development compared to SEs MMO experience.

Edit: IF you don't play FFXIV and don't plan to, wtf are you doing here?

Assuming you were replying to me, I didn't say I don't plan to. I own 1.0, I am trying to see if it's worth restarting it. And I haven't said anything against FFXIV, I just said that OPs experience with those games didn't reflect what I and my friends have experienced. That's it. No 'hate' whatsoever....

That means i did not play an MMO to SOLO so not being able to play with my friends was soloing, against my will, understand?

Look, you better really work out a better way to communicate with people or you gonna get a lot of flack for being a 'fanboi' (whatever that means, usually just someone who doesn't agree with somebody's else opinion or doesn't freak out when there is an emergency maintenance), while you are just trying to bring a bit of logic into these threads. But your attitude is making it backfire horribly

Originally posted by Mako482

Not sure if serious.....

Well since you're not serious then I can assume you are delusional, or perhaps under the effects of some type of substance perhaps? Because you telling my I paid $50 for the gift of playing their game and I should be happy for the opportunity.....despite the fact I have yet been able to play it....is A-B-S-U-R-D.

As for my sex life, I am married and it is not the first Friday of the month so no-go.

Originally posted by Elfahiar

No.

Sorry pal thats bull, how can you not log in for to days? my friend jsut made his char on odin last night, was full 1 hour earlier, now he has made his char, ive been able to play all day every day, and relog at primetime, if you get an error you retry till you get in the queue, wtf are you talking about? you cannot play for days?

It is called a 1017 error that thousands are getting. If you are not then you are one of the lucky ones. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the matter before calling people out. I have tried logging in several times over and over without success to even get into the queue. One time I got into the queue and was kicked from it 20 seconds later immediately getting the 1017 error again.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by udon

Firstly this is a gift, they are under no obligation to have to but in 30 days of free game time, the reason they do is because its common trend not a requirement, the game costs 1/4th of any other mmo at launch and people still complain, you say i defend big company’s? Xbox’s were not tested as you say, but you do realize an MMO launch is nothing like that, can you judge what will happen when 500,000 people log into the game when beta only had 250,000? Sorry... did dr who come down in his tardis and give SE the future to be? The issues come from soo many people using the duty finder is broke the system, dare say i defend big companies; stuff happens that we cannot control and people use this as ammunition to troll and slag off games.

What you call a gift I call part of the box price and in fact they are required at least in the U.S. and EU to deliver the goods and services as represented on the products cover packaging.  I don't know if they have or not because as I said I don't own the game.

I know a few things about launching large software services and your wrong in saying there is no way to test these things. I would kill for a 50% testing group size as we get closer to 5-10% at best usually.  There are all kinds of methods and tools available to development studios to test load.  SE made a decision based on budget and resources not to preform the level of comprehensive tests that a company like Google does when they launch a new product.  I remember when Gmail launched and it went down without a hitch even being WAY larger in scope because Google cared enough to put the resources into testing their products before launching.  Google understands that first impressions matter and is willing to go the extra mile to protect their name.  Most MMO developers seem to take more of a "consumers are sheep and will come back no matter what we do them" attitude.

This is not SE's first ride on this merry-go-round so they should have known better.  Any issues with this launch is 100% poor planning and execution on their part.  I am not saying that people aren't overreacting and sweating the small stuff to much but some of these concerns seem like real issues to me.

Look, you better really work out a better way to communicate with people or you gonna get a lot of flack for being a 'fanboi' (whatever that means, usually just someone who doesn't agree with somebody's else opinion or doesn't freak out when there is an emergency maintenance), while you are just trying to bring a bit of logic into these threads. But your attitude is making it backfire horribly

I think most of these new age mmo players have not yet realized what it is to be an mmo played and what it involved, community spirit is the greatest thing we have, but nowadays people have no patience and are increasingly  raging over matters not of peoples doing or choosing.

Another thing is people spam for more servers, a lot of people do quit mmos after the first 1-3 months and then we will be left with normal pop servers, if we add more and more now in 3 months we will have server merge galore.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by udon

You can call the 30 days that is part of the mmo purchase a gift as many time as you want, but that will never make you correct. When you purchased the game you also payed for those 30 days.

• DiemosDiemos Member Posts: 129
    It's truly amazing that people continue this games horrible launch. Sure some MMOs have had bugs and stuff on launch day but not being able to even log into the game is something that really hasn't happened in the last 2-3 years of launches. Shitty launch is a shitty launch, you're fucked in the head if this is acceptable in anyway form.

[PvX]Tempest - Check us out

This discussion has been closed.