Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

game launch

bubbabillbubbabill Member Posts: 80
now we seen the fun Final fantasy has gone though in the last few days of early access,  how do you think this game will do on its big day or days of early access or launch? 

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Carbine has already had a few stress tests and they aren't releasing until Spring. I think they'll be as ready as a company can be.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    And they've also mentioned open beta 1 month before release. So, it should be OK, at least comparing to other MMO's.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Personally ive been LOLing at the FF - (final failure) {nb see what i did there lol}

I have played many MMOs on release day bother open beta (if thats what you think it is) or release day and gotta say none have blown it like FF.

Yes you expect 'some' problems any software released to the masses will be found to have bugs that no amount of testing can ever find. But to take this long to sort out a simple 'size matters' for the servers and other issues

In fact if we look at one of the issues that have seen crop up many times on this forums

Refunds - People have been saying that they are not getting refunds quick enough, I have seen one guy say he has been waiting 10days and still waiting.

But the fanboys will make you think that this is ok, I dont know about you, but someone else having my money 10days after i have told them i dont want their product makes me uneasy on any level. Generally the whole world has guidelines covering your pretection as a consumer, but FBs seem to think "well its just released" is a good excuse.

All i can hope is that Wildstar have seen the problem, and prepare, as someone said there was 345 million sign ups for beta (or what ever the made up number was) so its quite easy to guess how many players will be ready on opening day.

Spoiler alert

If 1 million subs try and sign up for beta, dont make servers big enough to handle 50k subs, and as long as you prepare for the worst then you should be ok.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy