Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So anyone playing Ingress?

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Was wondering if anyone here who loves games are playing Ingress. I will start playing tomorrow, just got my activation code.

It is definitely perplexing :-) Just wondering if anyone is playing it before I start. You can be hush hush about it if you like. Just send me a email :-)

Comments

• Reiken_BirgeReiken_Birge Member UncommonPosts: 59

No idea what Ingress is. What is it? o:

Kingdom of Knights - Community Manager

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Reiken_Birge

No idea what Ingress is. What is it? o:

Ingress is a near-real time augmented reality[1] massively multiplayer online video game created by Niantic Labs for Android devices.[2] The game has a complex science fiction back story, which Niantic is revealing in segments.[3][4]

The gameplay consists of either defending against the takeover of the human race by an unknown “Shaper” force or, depending on your perspective, assisting in an “Enlightenment” of mankind through an alliance with the Shapers. This is accomplished by aligning with either the Resistance (represented by blue) or the Enlightened (represented by green) and by creating virtual control fields over geographic areas. Progress in the game is measured by the number of Mind Units, i.e. people, controlled by each Faction (as illustrated on the Intel Map).[5]

Exotic Matter (or "XM") Control Fields are established by claiming portals and linking them to form triangular fields. Links range from meters to hundreds of kilometers. The link range of a portal is determined by the power of the attached Resonators and the attached Link amplifiers.

When three Portals are linked to form a triangle, a control field is established over the region, rendered on the scanner as a hazy blue or green field. The number of Mind Units claimed is related to the population density around the portals.

The on-going goal of the game is for one’s faction to control the largest number of “Mind Units”.[6] The game has attracted an enthusiastic following in cities worldwide[7] amongst both young and old

Courtesy of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_%28game%29

Also  a good article on it here http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/08/21/google-opens-augmented-reality-game-ingress/2681783/

It has to be the most incredible game/mmo I have ever played. Started yesterday and man its AWESOME!!

Had to add, its a mmo except in the real :-)Like a reality TV episode but for a mmo! Constantly changes as well, Wars are too fun!

Oooh. I remember stumbling upon something like that on Youtube when traveling through the weird part filled with conspiracy theories. I couldn't tell if they were for real or just playing a game. XD

Looks interesting. Might have to try it when I get the time. :3

Oooh. I remember stumbling upon something like that on Youtube when traveling through the weird part filled with conspiracy theories. I couldn't tell if they were for real or just playing a game. XD

Looks interesting. Might have to try it when I get the time. :3

Yeah, it was on Coast to Coast a while back. Mainly about the Exo-Matter. Seems physicists say its real. Who knows could be a game made to help some unknown power that wants to collect exo-matter..lol.  Doubt it! Just a fun real time strategy/mmo :-)

Only weird thing with this game is people in game have told me good things happen to them when they level up, Like REAL LIFE good things.

Conspiracy!!!  Eve gets alot of those too@!!

Real life good things? I'll have to do this!... Wonder if I can just play it down here in Orlando Florida and not have to travel to some obscure place in Canada like I was thinking about for that one The Secret World event for 2012.

Real life good things? I'll have to do this!... Wonder if I can just play it down here in Orlando Florida and not have to travel to some obscure place in Canada like I was thinking about for that one The Secret World event for 2012.

Dont worry bro, its localized but can expand as far as you want to take it. You also can join multiple groups from local to world wide events. There are complete spy networks, attack groups, defense groups. All up to you. Try it out. I found EM(Exotic Matter right outside my doorstep!

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

i just got my invite too. as soon as i get setup ill put my name up for friend invite

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

I'll have to give it a shot as soon as I have time. Gonna be tricky between work and school. xP