Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post AD IRC chat news here plz

SuntoSunto Member Posts: 23

If some of you ar in the chat and geting news about the server. Plz post them here.

Still cant believe they closed the forums lol.

Comments

• LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112
    they closed the fourms in order to reg the accouts with the sever as its was the fourm spaming that was slowing this process
  • SuntoSunto Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by LordAnubis
    they closed the fourms in order to reg the accouts with the sever as its was the fourm spaming that was slowing this process

Ok first time i saw a mmorpg using the boards to login into game (or very rare at least). I could care less if they would keep posting server status news in the launcher or homepage.

I dont realy want to install irc again. So if somone got any news...

• SheerzSheerz Member Posts: 15

So, what's the irc addy? I forgot to write it down before they shut the forum down.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by LordAnubis
    Using forum software on the same cluster as game login is beyond stupid, also if they can reg 10 000 keys in 80 seconds then this should not be a challenge.

Besides I think they closed forums to avoid all the flames & trolls.

• dwarriordwarrior Member Posts: 19

irc.irccube.org

currently still no eta.......

<[AD]Neorapsta> no word from NP3 yet i'm afraid

<[AD]Neorapsta> We've had no word from NP3 about the servers yet, i'll pass on any updates I get

another fantastic update from AD...

Thx alot.

Looks like i have to install irc again bah.

At least they say they have no info hehe

well not much gets said in irc.. took hours before an AD guy even said those 2 lines.. and if they unmoderate the channel all you get is non-stop spam ;-)
  • DionesiosDionesios Member Posts: 26
    Okay, so i have mirc, break this down for me because I'm a noob. When I try and log on it says software caused connection abort.
  • Pulsar7Pulsar7 Member Posts: 9

They closed the forums to invoke some damage limitation imo

But even if it were to take the load off, that is such an amateurish thing. They must have known for months what the load would be, have these things worked out, what they were capable of, etc.... But this is Farlan we are talking about and they have on numerous occasions proven how incompetent they are, so...

Jeez, talk about biting off more than you can chew....lol

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

The irc server i running pretty much at capacity you'll be lucky to get in!

• gamerxxgamerxx Member Posts: 7
    use trillan for IRC if you are having issues connecting to server. it is tons easier to set up for irc then mirc is.
  • GravesGraves Member Posts: 1

[DSotM]Xtromazz| I HAVEBEEN SPEEKING WITH ONE FRM CHICAGO NOW AND HE SAYS HE IS TRYING TO CONTACT AD BUT HE CAN'T AD HAS SOME FAILIRE STUFFS AND THEY'RE TRYING TO FIX IT SO BE PATIENT
  • twinrixtwinrix Member UncommonPosts: 13

from IRC: "no ETA at the moment , team are working on reboot and patch client" -you'll be updated when we get any news"

Well the server keep blowing as soon as they open it. Again and again and again and again and again and again and again... like 9houres for me now :)

Statement from AD: They try to fix it.

• isaboooisabooo Member UncommonPosts: 16

' no ETA at the moment , team are working on reboot and patch client" -you'll be updated when we get any news'

That's what it says atm

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Maybe they should consider turning the project over to someone else. If after 9 hours you still can't figure out what the problem is. Then I doubt you could fix any problems that arise the next time.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

00:43 GMT:

Players from #dnl-help have a French player translating questions from Laellyra.

When asked "are the devs still working on it or have they gone home for the night?" her answer was:

" I still see some online so I suppose they still working on it"

"I suppose they are still working on it". What kind of amateur joke of a company is AD? They suppose!? All day, no server, no information, closed down forums.. and they have a hunch that something might be happening, but they just aren't sure.

Pathetic.

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

Turning it over to someone else? Yeh, would have to agree.

And turning off forums cuz of the ppl downloading? They CANT be using same server for both , can they? Even *I* know that would be the ultimate in stupidity.

With the way they have handled all of this, I wonder if the backers of this game are gonna call in their chips and walk away with a few bruises instead of deep fatal gouges with pocketbook and time. Gotta agree with one of the posters here, if they cant fix something in nine hours time that they had years to prepare for, what the hell is the result if this happens again?

Sounds like a couple of graphic artist dudes, in their moms garage, decided to try their hand at a mmo and have no clue other than they make neat looking landscapes. Can hear the convo now: "Oh shit! How did it say to make this move? Where ya going? Bring me a cherry coke , oh! and a ring ding please. What time is it? Gotta take out the garbage and mow the lawn too , before mom and dad get home.

• skawnskawn Member Posts: 30

AD said:

Yep, thats right. Nothing.

I expected server downtime and so on but the lack of communication - not even stretching to a message on the website - is utterly pathetic.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

After the server crashed earlier today. I think they said in their best Eric Cartman voice "Screw you guys. I'm going home." At least that would explain why after 12+ hours they still can't get it working. Because no one is there to work on it ::::07::

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• daevrikkdaevrikk Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by skawn

AD said:

Yep, thats right. Nothing.
    I expected server downtime and so on but the lack of communication - not even stretching to a message on the website - is utterly pathetic.

I have to concur. The lack of information is very disappointing. In general they have been pretty bad about getting information out to the public... since the PR campaign on this game has been pretty poor so far, you'd think they'd want to at least keep the fans they have. I guess not. :(

Soon all they will have left are the annyoing fanboys and yes men.  

I'll give them a few more days of my patience, but it isn't looking good. This reminds me to much of Wish.

Daevrikk Darkheart
    Evil Dark Elf Necromancer of Lanys

• holycannoliholycannoli Member Posts: 236

That's my concernt too. What are the people who financially backed DnL thinking right now?

There has to be some SERIOUS damage control in place in the next few days or AD is gonna lose so much face they may lose their financial backers. Don't think it can't happen.

They're gonna need a massive PR blitz to put these flames out.

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

Latest so far is that Laellya said to the French channel that the server wouldn't be up today, but never bothered to repeat it in any of the four other "supported" languages of DnL, nor an "official" language of SoG, English.

As per usual, the DnL website remains void of even the littlest scraps of information. Think it's time we just go to bed and follow a different game in the morning.

• undiesusaundiesusa Member Posts: 116

if your giving up let me have your account please.