Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weather/Character Creation/More...

xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

This popped up on my facebook feed and thought i would share this with the rest of you. Lets see what you guys think.

http://2p.com/1599269_1/Black-Desert-Shows-Weather-System-Character-Creation--More.htm

Comments

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    as much as i dislike the action combat, the overall feel of the game has me interested.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    That knowledge sharing system looks fantastic.

Once upon a time....

Originally posted by Amaranthar

Yea i thought that was very interesting myself. And the dev in the interview said that it could work both ways. Taking knowledge from one npc and giving it to another across the world.

Originally posted by xAPOCx

Yea i thought that was very interesting myself. And the dev in the interview said that it could work both ways. Taking knowledge from one npc and giving it to another across the world.

I've always wanted to see a system like that, and also include special knowledge for sharing with player to player. This would be a way around the internet cheat sites for special information. For example, if a dungeon ends at a large ornate golden door, and it takes a player to figure out a magical wyrd to open that door, he can keep that to himself, share it with others (openly or just with a guild), sell the information, or handle it any way he wants. And what's on the other side might be rare, like a special ore node or a portal to another plane. Of course, other players might also figure out that magical wyrd, giving them access also.

To me, this sort of thing could lead to a much more interesting game world to play in. And get away from the standard all-access-to-everything for everyone, which is boring as can be.

Once upon a time....

Also, looking at the linked screenshots of Mounts and Housing...

black desert theme 5 mount and housing

Herding horses? Is this something players can do? Economic game play?

Setting up camp sites? Player controlled or NPC with player use? I've always wanted this sort of thing as a player activity near adventure areas like dungeons or enchanted forests. With a side of economic activity, i.e. players buying adventurer loot and running it to cities to sell for a profit. Maybe caravans?

Damn I hope this isn't just quest hubs. So damn tired of that lame crap.

Once upon a time....

Originally posted by xAPOCx

I've always wanted to see a system like that, and also include special knowledge for sharing with player to player. This would be a way around the internet cheat sites for special information. For example, if a dungeon ends at a large ornate golden door, and it takes a player to figure out a magical wyrd to open that door, he can keep that to himself, share it with others (openly or just with a guild), sell the information, or handle it any way he wants. And what's on the other side might be rare, like a special ore node or a portal to another plane. Of course, other players might also figure out that magical wyrd, giving them access also.

To me, this sort of thing could lead to a much more interesting game world to play in. And get away from the standard all-access-to-everything for everyone, which is boring as can be.

Setting up camp sites? Player controlled or NPC with player use? I've always wanted this sort of thing as a player activity near adventure areas like dungeons or enchanted forests. With a side of economic activity, i.e. players buying adventurer loot and running it to cities to sell for a profit. Maybe caravans?

I think the bottom pic is that of someones temp home. But i would also love to see non AH type commerce throughout the world. Could set up one of these make shift tents next to a stream so you can cook while you fish. Also can set up this style housing near popular farming or pve sites to sell people items then may need. Pots and Food ect ect. But as of right now its all just speculation on my part lol. Just wishful thinking.

That would work, APOX. If there's a need for economic activity, players will do their own part and take it up. UO had that, players built houses next to dungeons and sold potions, arrows, reagents, armor and weapons for those who lost theirs inside so they could quickly get back in there, etc.

I just always felt that giving players what they needed to allow them to carry if all forwards into new activities that don't even require more code was the smartest thing an MMO could do. Adding to expand that is even better.

Yes, dreaming. Until someone builds it and gamers flock into a brave new world like never before.

Once upon a time....

• BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50

Ah, thanks for posting this!

Any Black Desert news is good news :)

Edit: I must add how much I really like Brian Oh. There is something incredibly sincere about him, like the man is incapable of lying.

Heck, I'm ready to hand my wallet over to him right now!

Originally posted by Bacchira

Edit: I must add how much I really like Brian Oh. There is something incredibly sincere about him, like the man is incapable of lying.

Heck, I'm ready to hand my wallet over to him right now!

Yeah all the BD news i can fine if its not posted yet ill try and get it here. 

I cant say im ready to hand them my wallet just yet lol. Like i said before, the one thing that has me second guessing this game is its combat. Im not a fan of the action oriented combat found in most of todays MMOs. 

• rlhegirarlhegira Member UncommonPosts: 36

Player set-up tents such as this is in game, they show it in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39_Pu1U7tIM

Originally posted by rlhegira
    --(snip)--

Player set-up tents such as this is in game, they show it in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39_Pu1U7tIM

Fantastic system! I have to admit that I haven't followed the game yet, but I have been very interested in it. Just waiting for more info to be released, while being burned out and negative on the industry as a whole until a real Sandbox comes out. 

I also noticed the horse stayed there and didn't just pop into netherland. That's good too. Any info on horses/pets as far as how far this goes? Can you send them away if you choose? I strongly prefer you can't, and you have to take measures to protect/stable your pets. Only have them log out with you. Pet commands? Like "stay", "follow", "attack", "guard"?

Going back to housing, are the buildings customizable or can you add rooms onto them? Can you build things like a secret passage?

And is anything in that housing stuff cash shopped?

Edit: Instances. Crap. I'll still watch to see exactly what that means, but it's possibly a bad sign.

Once upon a time....

• rlhegirarlhegira Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by rlhegira
    --(snip)--

Fantastic system! I have to admit that I haven't followed the game yet, but I have been very interested in it. Just waiting for more info to be released, while being burned out and negative on the industry as a whole until a real Sandbox comes out. 

I also noticed the horse stayed there and didn't just pop into netherland. That's good too. Any info on horses/pets as far as how far this goes? Can you send them away if you choose? I strongly prefer you can't, and you have to take measures to protect/stable your pets. Only have them log out with you. Pet commands? Like "stay", "follow", "attack", "guard"?

Going back to housing, are the buildings customizable or can you add rooms onto them? Can you build things like a secret passage?

And is anything in that housing stuff cash shopped?

Not a lot is known for sure yet, but this fan site has a lot of info on the game from media to descriptions of different elements of the game, keep in mind though it is a fan site and not official.  http://www.black-desert.com/

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Bacchira

It sure is! Thanks for the info. Nice of them to post a 20+ minute video of the game on Youtube.