Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFxiv: A Realm Stillborn

wow, what a mess.

NA servers down...again.

This has been some launch. The early release is a total mess. SE look like a bunch of monkeys humping a football.

Nice job putting your best foot forward, Square Enix!

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Do you mean the NA servers are coming down? Because they aren't down right now..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    This has been one of the most fucked launches since D3

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

It's okay brother, just go sit in a nice quiet corner and breathe into a paper bag until it's over.  I understand your pain. 

• Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91

+1 for the thread title.

Be patient. Everything will get fixed. This will be a good MMO after the issues are fixed.

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Lol @ the thread title. 
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Theres a reason why they are pushing back the official launch date so close to the official launch date.. That in and of itself speaks volumes about how bad this launch is going.
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Broken game is broken.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    Theres a reason why they are pushing back the official launch date so close to the official launch date.. That in and of itself speaks volumes about how bad this launch is going.

They are not.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_JP/status/372031615368568832
    ???FFXIV P/D?????????8/27????????????????????/??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????1/2)
    FFXIV:ARR P/D Yoshida here, It's finally 8/27, and the official launch day is here! Currently the dev/operation team switching everyone accounts to the official service one, preparing for new registration code entries, and attaching bonus items.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63655-Translation-Japanese-to-English?p=1073657&viewfull=1#post1073657

is where I got this from.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Sunnyguy46

+1 for the thread title.

Be patient. Everything will get fixed. This will be a good MMO after the issues are fixed.

Yeah, I can see this thread title sticking .........

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

+1 for the title

The game is hit and miss.  Lots of misses with server stability.  Lots of hits with the game itself - when working as intended.  It's not totally broken, I wouldn't be level 32 if it was (not to mention the sick 40+ players).

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

They didn't push the launch date back.

The early access client was always going to be available until the 29th to allow people who ordered physical copies to continue playing with the ea client until there physical copies arrived, it's called a grace period, and is pretty standard fare in almost any MMO these days that offers early access.

Think of it this way: the access you gained early ends on Aug 29. On Aug 27, it just becomes "access." On Aug 29, it becomes "no access" unless you've attached a product key to your account.

Stop spreading false information when the real issue is your own lack of proper comprehension.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by WhiteCross

wow, what a mess.

NA servers down...again.

This has been some launch. The early release is a total mess. SE look like a bunch of monkeys humping a football.

Nice job putting your best foot forward, Square Enix!

Well,

They did put their best foot forward.

But then they tripped over it.

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120

Ok, so how many days has it been since early release?

Today I can't roll any new toon on any North American server.

All we get is some Asian dude crying in his corn flakes...I can't even log into the server I have my characters on.

This is so stunningly incompetent it's kind of funny now.

Even the fanboys need to ask "why cant AFK players auto disconnect"? Hasn't that been a MMO standard for years now?

• darthadendarthaden Member Posts: 47

they can save their "we're sorry" I don't care all I care about is

1 What are they doing to fix it ( I know they are planning on new servers for jp but haven't heard one word about na)

2 How long till it's fixed

3what are they going to do to make up for the last three days and counting

If they actually covered those three points I think a lot of people myself included might stop blowing up these sites with posts like this

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

+1 for title

I think I'm gonna wait a few days before jumping in :)

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Robokapp

QUICK LETS OPEN 80 MORE SERVERS.

2 months later...server merges. yay.

meanwhile on forums...GAME IS DYING Muhah-ahaha.

Exactly.  I think this is why SE has been trying not to make knee jerk reactions to all this.

More or upgraded servers are coming next week so hopefully we'll get some stability  without making to many servers that won't be needed.

Those who like the game continue to play through these hardships.  Those looking for an excuse not to like it will have one.

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by NetSage

More or upgraded servers are coming next week TO JP ONLY so hopefully we'll get some stability  without making to many servers that won't be needed.

There, corrected it for you.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    No both datacenters are getting better hardware. Don't make shit up because you're angry.
    No both datacenters are getting better hardware. Don't make shit up because you're angry.

Then give me a link that says that, because the the JP link says that the Japan region will be getting new servers, and the NA news feed says that the Japan region will be getting new servers. I don't see a single news item that says that the NA/EU regions will be getting new hardware.

Edit: here is a link to the post by Noc_NA http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/70022-NA-Regarding-Congestion-In-Japan-Centers-Worlds%28Aug.-28%29?p=1083457

"[NA]Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27)"

Edit 2: here is the forum where they posted it... feel free to look there or anywhere else and give me a link... like I said ONLY JP gets upgrades.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/623-General

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Originally posted by Robokapp

QUICK LETS OPEN 80 MORE SERVERS.

2 months later...server merges. yay.

meanwhile on forums...GAME IS DYING Muhah-ahaha.

Ordinarily, I'd agree.  However, with so many unable to log in or even create a character on launch day, and with no relief in sight, there's ample cause to question SE about their seeming inaction.  I haven't even had the luxury of languishing in a queue; instead I've spent my time alternately trying to log in over and over or getting reacquainted with my GW2 mesmer.  I really think they'd be better served dealing smartly with the fallout of server merges than chasing away potential customers who may have to look forward to days (weeks?) of not being able to play the game they've paid for.

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by Mors-Subita

More or upgraded servers are coming next week TO JP ONLY so hopefully we'll get some stability  without making to many servers that won't be needed.

this one made me LOL

quick question: This game just launched...why does there need to be a upgrade to hardware?

Originally posted by WhiteCross

this one made me LOL

quick question: This game just launched...why does there need to be a upgrade to hardware?

Its not a joke, I posted links to the news article(s) above. They have 25 servers for JP and 25 servers for the entire rest of the world. All the NA/EU servers have been having problems to the point where they have locked out a significant amount of their population(not sure what % as they give us no hard numbers on anything), but the JP servers finally experienced some congestions so they are giving them more hardware.

• tropiktropik Member UncommonPosts: 97

Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We would like to make a clarification regarding our previous announcement “Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27)” in which we stated that we are preparing to increase the capacity of our data centers.

The first half of the announcement regarding login and character creation restrictions was directed towards our players who would be playing during peak hours in Japan data center Worlds.

However, the second half of the announcement regarding increasing the capacity of our data centers was meant to also encompass North American and European data center Worlds and not just be limited to Japan data center Worlds.

We deeply apologise for causing concern amongst the North American and European community due to our lack of clarity. Capacity will be increased for data centers in all regions.

Once again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation to help us welcome more players to the game.

There you have it. Upgraded datacenters incoming.

• pkpsangriapkpsangria Member Posts: 8
    I hope they open up a new server and name it "Impatient monkey" so the whiners know where to go. Then they can endure each other there.
  • ChocobroChocobro Member Posts: 64

Then give me a link that says that, because the the JP link says that the Japan region will be getting new servers, and the NA news feed says that the Japan region will be getting new servers. I don't see a single news item that says that the NA/EU regions will be getting new hardware.

Edit: here is a link to the post by Noc_NA http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/70022-NA-Regarding-Congestion-In-Japan-Centers-Worlds%28Aug.-28%29?p=1083457

"[NA]Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27)"

Edit 2: here is the forum where they posted it... feel free to look there or anywhere else and give me a link... like I said ONLY JP gets upgrades.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/623-General

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/0edd08e8117972bca5bb6abbb07c1574f8a6f73a

Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We would like to make a clarification regarding our previous announcement “Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27)” in which we stated that we are preparing to increase the capacity of our data centers.

The first half of the announcement regarding login and character creation restrictions was directed towards our players who would be playing during peak hours in Japan data center Worlds.

However, the second half of the announcement regarding increasing the capacity of our data centers was meant to also encompass North American and European data center Worlds and not just be limited to Japan data center Worlds.

We deeply apologize for causing concern amongst the North American and European community due to our lack of clarity. Capacity will be increased for data centers in all regions.

Once again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation to help us welcome more players to the game.

This discussion has been closed.