Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG. so many MMORPG's !!!

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

But why am I not playing anything?

So I'll let the community guess...lol.

By the way, why should companies be exempt and excused for selling their product and hard work for $, while players are not allowed to do the same with their accounts, items and so on? The reality is it's all about $ and everything has a PRICE...

Going back through the past I could made a fortune. I could sell my SWG Pre-CU Light Jedi Knight for $5,000+ if I was allowed )(just 1 example)..I've had 500,000 WOW gold from last year. People find ways to sell stuff "illegally" anyways, and it's just far less secure and risky.

P.S: The way it seems 2013 will be a MMORPGless year for me. If anyone knows any good books to read feel free to suggess. I already saw most movies and good tv series. If anything at the end I'll sub for a library pass...

Comments

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

GW2 is the only game that has piqued my interest for the last year, and I suppose I'll play it till (if) the WAR40K MMO is released

talking about 40K, if your looking for a book to read, and want to substitute a nerd hobby for another, try the Horus Heresy saga

• Niall18Niall18 Member Posts: 31
    I can say that there is ALOT of MMORPGs out there but the reason I cant find myself playing them is cause I want to play something new an fresh. I find it so hard joining a game where I know people have 2-3years of play time over me. Idk what it is but I just like the feeling of starting the game right at the beginning even if I chose to Re-roll. 

Check out my Blog for MMO News, Rants & Fun!

http://MMO-Elitist.blogger.com

• Reiken_BirgeReiken_Birge Member UncommonPosts: 59

The issue isn't that there is a lack of MMORPG's.. The issue is that there is a lack of variety.

For the most part they all take part in some fantasy setting and the combat and content is generally the same all around. It's rare to see little if any story in them so it's hard to care in that regard as well.

But things are starting to change. Some companies are trying to include more interesting stories in their games. Others try to spice up combat by making it more active like you would find on a normal game.

Finally there are some that are finally starting to stay away from the over used fantasy setting. Starting to go into modern and even science fiction settings.

So what MMO's am I currently excited for?

Wildstar for one. It just looks goofy and silly while at the same time being strangely dark. Not to mention that combat looks considerably more hands on than in most games.

Then there is Eternal Crusade. As you can tell by my Commissar Corgi avatar, I am a huge 40k fan. The fact that the devs said that they're going to try and make this game the bastard child between EVE, Planetside 2 and 40k just gets me all the more excited for the game. I just hope that they do not disappoint.

Kingdom of Knights - Community Manager

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972
    Spread negativity about the genre on this community and we might see a change. Destroy everything to bring something new. The current model has to go.
  • littleXurolittleXuro Member Posts: 37

Same here.

I bought FF14 but I regret that purchase, due to the support of PS3 the entire game feels shallow, especially the cities are a joke. I liked Firefall but then they come up with something ridiculous as item decay, which is nothing more than a way to keep people grinding the same content over and over.

I have a personal budget of 200 euro's a week for MMO's. The past few months I didn't spent any cent of it except 30 euro's to buy FF14 which I deeply regret now. There are no good mmo's to invest. 

I would gladly invest my weekly budget in a good indie developer but seeing how companies keep breaking their promises/manifesto's, I have little faith left in mmo developers.

Hopefully one of the kickstarter projects turn out to be any good.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by Kopogero

By the way, why should companies be exempt and excused for selling their product and hard work for $, while players are not allowed to do the same with their accounts, items and so on? The reality is it's all about $ and everything has a PRICE...

Some companies embrace it. SOE does with EQII with selling not accounts, but character(s) with gear.

Part of the problem is control. Publishers like Blizzard are exceptionally greedy about their IP, and any sell of their IP by a third party they don't profit from. Another problem is the mess with the IRS and such if it's open market. The other problem is if you do sell premades the game suffers because they wouldn't know how to play that toon well (a way around that would be if your account has a 1-90 character of that same class, it unlocks the ability to buy that character with it's gear and whatever).

EvE is a game that works well selling toons, since new players would be hard pressed leveling a capable pilot, so they can spend RL to buy PLEX or Time codes, resell them ingame/forum, then buy the toon with ISK. By buying it via ingame currency CCP avoids the RMT headaches, but still offer premade toon sales.

WoW, as designed, is not a good game for it as it's incredibly easy to level these days, and it's only the leveling that matters. Buying a WoW toon with max gear is a waste, as the tier patches are too frequent and RNG is too unforgiving (a buyer would be paying more for the gear than the toon itself). Then Blizzard even gets a hint of it...poof...permanent ban. I did say they were greedy, right? It's a sure method to get banned from the game like nothing else...bots and exploiters could stay forever, buy 1 account, and Blizz will rain holy hell on you.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Gaming is good. So many fun games .. without enough time to play.

Splinter Cell, Van Helsing, Marvel Heroes, NWO, STO ......

Some are even MMOs.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Some are even MMOs.

You are one easily entertained person

I wish I was like that

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by dinams
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Some are even MMOs.

You are one easily entertained person

I wish I was like that

It is a blessing. There are so much fun entertainment. I can find fun in manga, anime, movies, novels .....

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Tons of reasons, I have.

I wont expound.

Try, World War Z, or anything by Ayn Rand.