Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Item Shop News

Comments

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by SBFord

Matt Firor itself plays as World of Tanks and League of Legends.

What does this mean? Isn't Matt a human male? And how can you play something as "name-of-the-game"?

I think my English isn't good enough to understand this phrase.

Can somebody translate please?

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by reploidx

Had a glaring typo there. People play Elder Scrolls on Pc, some on console, but the HUGE majority is on PC my friend.

Nope, sales figures clearly show that Skyrim and Oblivion sold the most copies on XBOX 360... my friend. PC was the lowest selling platform for the games, around 15% of total sales. Read something before trying to put others down with your made up facts.

agree - Skyrim has many more fans on the console

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/profiles/blogs/how-skyrim-s-stellar-sales-can-be-broken-down?xg_source=activity

• KachynaKachyna Member Posts: 2

"You shall pay without any barriers can enjoy all content."

This is great news. I don't care for F2P games also known as "Pay to Win". I love the raiding and earning the loot instead of just buying it in a cash shop which makes no since to me why people do it. If you read what they are saying you would notice that the shop they are talking about is like in WOW for Transfers, name changes etc...

This is a good move and I will be playing this game for sure.

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Pretty obvious to see the item shop is being implemented early so it can be tested for when the game goes F2P...which I think will happen sooner than it took SWTOR or TSW to do so.
  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

A monthly fee and microtransations on a game that isn't an MMOG? No thankyou.

For those that don't know this game isn't an MMOG. It's more like Guild Wars 1, hub areas were players can gather to craft, join PvP or socialize were the content is instanced areas built for solo or team play. 

Fail.

• GilnidorGilnidor Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Great use of Google translate there. Lazy buggers.

• JimWraithJimWraith Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Patsuriku
    Great use of Google translate there. Lazy buggers.

Yeah, I can only vaguely tell what the hell the article is supposed to be saying.

• LogansanLogansan Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by sudo
    Originally posted by SBFord

Matt Firor itself plays as World of Tanks and League of Legends.

What does this mean? Isn't Matt a human male? And how can you play something as "name-of-the-game"?

I think my English isn't good enough to understand this phrase.

Can somebody translate please?

(assuming this was an actual question and you are not just trying to be funny)

I didn't read the original, but I assume the correct translation should be "Matt Firor himself plays world of Tanks and League of Legends".

• NarnaNarna Member Posts: 1

Really?  Upfront plus sub plus shop?  People like "fun items" its part of the game, but not anymore - now you pay extra to get it!  And when their sandbox isn't big enough we can all pay to buy the expansion.  This must be an awesomely amazing play experience to justify this level of cash gouging in the current market.

Perhaps it is a good sign for us fans, we may all love it and happily empty our wallets embedding ourselves in a rich deep and expansive world.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by reploidx

Had a glaring typo there. People play Elder Scrolls on Pc, some on console, but the HUGE majority is on PC my friend.

Nope, sales figures clearly show that Skyrim and Oblivion sold the most copies on XBOX 360... my friend. PC was the lowest selling platform for the games, around 15% of total sales. Read something before trying to put others down with your made up facts.

agree - Skyrim has many more fans on the console

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/profiles/blogs/how-skyrim-s-stellar-sales-can-be-broken-down?xg_source=activity

LOL - you quote some random blog with a chart where the author provides no source or link to where he gets his stats from. Riiiight...

Here

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Here ye go.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49111/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49112/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49113/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

EDIT: Let me clarify that I am not in agreement with any notion, simply providing a link to (arguably) more reliable numbers.

If i am to state anything from a personal frame of reference, it is that the game outsold on the console in comparison to the PC, but the user base and play time is vastly different. You very simply are not likely to see people playing that game on the console for 500+ hours like you have on the PC(or the fact you have people still playing Morrowind).

The reason (in large part the modability) is something that's put the fanbase on the PC as considerably more dedicated.

How that plays into or against TESO is a bit of a jumble that would take a very long post, which I'm not about to write.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Deivos

Here ye go.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49111/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49112/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49113/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

EDIT: Let me clarify that I am not in agreement with any notion, simply providing a link to (arguably) more reliable numbers.

If i am to state anything from a personal frame of reference, it is that the game outsold on the console in comparison to the PC, but the user base and play time is vastly different. You very simply are not likely to see people playing that game on the console for 500+ hours like you have on the PC(or the fact you have people still playing Morrowind).

The reason (in large part the modability) is something that's put the fanbase on the PC as considerably more dedicated.

How that plays into or against TESO is a bit of a jumble that would take a very long post, which I'm not about to write.

Not that i care in any way, shape or form....but vgchartz does not cover steam (if i am not mistaken), so we dont know the actual steam sales numbers

Yeah Steam doesn't release it's sales numbers unless they personally opt to talk about them, so that's kind of an important missing chunk (especially for a title like Skyrim that's integrated with Steam and exists with a heavy digital medium). There are several other digital distributors that sit in a similar boat.

So total PC sales numbers for any game has actually gotten increasingly fragmented, which makes actual tabulation of total sales outside Bethesda giving it's own sale report pretty unlikely.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• imershonimershon Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Awesome news ALL the game available IN the subscription the way it should be - anyone else feel like slapping that stupid cow interviewer? - talk about one-tracked narrow-minded retard! - if I was him after she whined about the choice of payment for what the 6th time??? I would have said YEAH ITS SUBSCRIPTION BASED YOU STUPID TART WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO PUT IT UP ON THE GOODYEAR BLIMP FOR IT TO SINK IN?!?

DEFINITION OF REALITY: Graphics ok, Sound ok, Gold drops need more work...

• FuerchtegottFuerchtegott Member Posts: 79

@ MMORPG.com

I am sure many many of your readers are from Germany. Please let them translate such news and not Google... So next time you have a German news source you want to have translated you may contact me.

@ the news

as so many already said here... box price + sub + item shop is a big NO. Even if the services are only of cosmetic nature or customer service related. Anything cosmetic should be included in the sub. Customer service should be dealt with outside the game via account services.

a better source regarding consoles

http://www.edge-online.com/news/skyrim-mods-could-reach-consoles/

executive producer Todd Howard:  90 per cent of our audience is on the consoles

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Cash shop just sealed the deal. I will never buy it!

• SatyrosSatyros Member UncommonPosts: 156

Nope. Bye ESO. :(

You do realize that quote was written before Skyrim even released, right?

It'd be a good idea to check the dates on such things.

Originally posted by Deivos

You do realize that quote was written before Skyrim even released, right?

It'd be a good idea to check the dates on such things.

I'm well aware of the date of that quote

you have sources showing Skyrim changed the ES franchise and sold better on PCs?

Seeing as I never made any such claim or argument for that being the case, I'm not certain why you'd bother asking me that.

What I have is what I already gave via VGChartz. Those are aggregate sales totals from any outlet that released their sales figures.

I shall clarify my point then. The quote from Todd Howard was made before Skyrim was even released and had any sales figures (save for whatever pre-orders could be counted at the time around seven months before release).

What that means is that any claim he makes about his market audience is entirely him spitballing, not giving actual estimates. In other words, his remarks were not literal in their nature.

It's added on top of that, any figures he could have given at the time would be considerably more inaccurate as they'd be relying on a finite set of data from a bit over half a year before the game even came out, not it's present total sales to date.

to be clear - i believe ES has a bigger marketshare than 10% PC

but I also believe the Skyrim console marketshare exceeds the PC

Vgchartz isnt much better than Todd Howard "spitballing" -- its based on predictions more than real numbers

as is told in vgchartz faq

http://www.vgchartz.com/methodology.php

Actually that page describes that they use multiple forms of tracked information to create estimates, then fact checks it against other tracking firms, manufacturers, and even the publishers.

So...big difference there.

You're certainly free to your opinions, just please don't encroach them upon fact.

I do not consider vgchartz factual - i can cite a few mmos from last year where vgchartz is dead wrong

but I'll take Todd Howards opinion of the ES franchise, prelaunch, that Skyrim sold better on consoles

Yeah...I'm not sure how to process that comment. It's a wee bit too nonsensical. o_O