Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF Aug 27th is anything like this....

gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127

You can bet heads are gonna roll...

First thing players will say...."Oh here we go again"   this is just pathetic on SE part and downright

inexcuseable   yah it's early access and we start paying on the 27th SO Freaking What!

Right now NA EU is severely broken they got 2 days to fix this and everytime they try to fix it they must make it worse

with more errors

SE has new head staff and any debacle on opening day and I can guarantee Yoshi P's head will roll.....start from the top

down to the bottom.  this is not a fresh start, this is not 2.0  this is 1.0 all over again......if you value your time stay away until they iron out this debacle .   IF your on the fence about getting this game I would just wait it out currently this game if EFfing BRoken..

Comments

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Yea, I was thinking that.  This is mostly people that preordered plus legacy.  When the 1.0 non legacy (that refused to pay again for something they already bought) login on the 27th it will be madness.

Will SE again offer an apology and freeplay until they fix it (like the original release)?

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Unless they have a new batch of servers ready for the 27th I only expect it to be worse than it is today. I played fine for 6hrs this morning but as soon as it got to mid-afternoon it became so difficult to play I had to stop.
  • gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I haven't played for more than 2 hours straight without something happening either an instance lock  or a maintenance update Log out and then can't come back in.....I'm glad I'm working on the 27th and I will read what's happening from work on the forums but I already EXPECT the worse because   THEY did not have enough beta's and the game wasn't tested properly because the SE staff was just being lazy and complaceant but they are about to pay the price come the 27th  you can bet investors are already twitching at all thsi...atleast I would.
  • Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    August 27 is my birthday. I have a feeling SE will make it a bad birthday
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by gw1228
    I haven't played for more than 2 hours straight without something happening either an instance lock  or a maintenance update Log out and then can't come back in.....I'm glad I'm working on the 27th and I will read what's happening from work on the forums but I already EXPECT the worse because   THEY did not have enough beta's and the game wasn't tested properly because the SE staff was just being lazy and complaceant but they are about to pay the price come the 27th  you can bet investors are already twitching at all thsi...atleast I would.

Se doesnt have investors its there own money

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354

they clearly underestimated how many players will log. its almost like repeatable DDO attacks on their servers. If they do not open up way more servers, the servers will  implode.

I am actually somehow glad, because I was raising concern why EU servers are very few, now not a single EU server is open. what will happen in 27th? EU player log in> finds out all EU servers locked > /angry

I foresee tomorrow yoshi would say something to solve this, I am just going to keep my hopes up because there was some  PS3 players who did not receive the early access received emails today with a refund of the game in their PSN account + free code for the game, ie free game for them as compensation.

I think they listen and they know what is happening, so lets say I am sure 100% that tomorrow something good will happen. 

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Originally posted by Vutar

It won't be. The majority of people will be in early access. It was too easy to get since people could simply get the code, input it, and then cancel their pre-orders.

There won't be some massive swell of players on the 27th. More will gradually trickle in but it will be nothing like EA has been.

I pretty much agree.

In most MMOs these days the people who want to play (most of them, anyway) join at the pre-release.  Release day brings more players but seldom an avalanche.  This is because there really aren't that many people who are interested in the game but who will wait until release day rather than getting it a few days earlier.  I expect we will see some more people on release day, but the main bulk of the initial playerbase is already playing ... or, er, well, already *trying* to play.

Having said that, this doesn't mean it isn't going to be an issue.  Any incremental players are going to make a bad situation even worse unless SE finds a way to uncork the bottleneck in its server/network architecture -- something that, even if they intend to do, won't be a quick fix, unfortunately.  

Going to be a rough several days at least, I think.

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Originally posted by Raxeon

Unless SE is a publicly traded company and they value their stock price. 

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by Dudek28
    Originally posted by Raxeon

Unless SE is a publicly traded company and they value their stock price. 

Just for info here is their chart for the last 6 years:

http://quote.tse.or.jp/tse_n/quote.cgi?F=listing/Edetail1&QCODE=9684&MKTN=T&cht=21&mode=M#chart

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    I honestly think they need to push it back rather then release it on the 27th till they can get their servers working properly.

• Reza82Reza82 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I`m not sure what it is with mmorpg players here and whining so much... I have already reached level 16 and I`m enjoying myself.. I haven`t felt the issues as much as people here are whining about and I strongly believe the reason is that I do other things too besides parking my butt at a computer for 48 straight hours just because a game released.  You would think people would be more prepared with how these launches go and have contingency plans.. but I bet they already have bags of chips, pizza and cases of energy drinks stocked up in preparation for a marathon.   These first world problems are blown way out of proportion...
  • tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by Salahudin
    I`m not sure what it is with mmorpg players here and whining so much... I have already reached level 16 and I`m enjoying myself.. I haven`t felt the issues as much as people here are whining about and I strongly believe the reason is that I do other things too besides parking my butt at a computer for 48 straight hours just because a game released.  You would think people would be more prepared with how these launches go and have contingency plans.. but I bet they already bags of chips, pizza and cases of energy drinks stocked up in preparation for a marathon.   These first world problems are blown way out of proportion...

put Square Enix at the top of that list

as for the rest of your post, really, just piss off

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by Salahudin
    I`m not sure what it is with mmorpg players here and whining so much... I have already reached level 16 and I`m enjoying myself.. I haven`t felt the issues as much as people here are whining about and I strongly believe the reason is that I do other things too besides parking my butt at a computer for 48 straight hours just because a game released.  You would think people would be more prepared with how these launches go and have contingency plans.. but I bet they already bags of chips, pizza and cases of energy drinks stocked up in preparation for a marathon.   These first world problems are blown way out of proportion...

I'm honestly trying to figure this out also. I could not play Phase 4 because I ended up with both of the bugs and now I can't play early access anymore but don't see a reason to bitch about it.

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Vutar

It won't be. The majority of people will be in early access. It was too easy to get since people could simply get the code, input it, and then cancel their pre-orders.

There won't be some massive swell of players on the 27th. More will gradually trickle in but it will be nothing like EA has been.

You willing to bet on that? I can guarantee you that on the 27 the problems will be a lot worst than this.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Oh dear, what have we become?

Today's expectations are totally and completely out of whack.

look back on the gladiators of old rome. dying for sport in the arena. did they complain? no, they died with honor. how about the early settlers migrating west in their covered wagons. when they were snowbound atop donner's pass and forced to eat each other to survive, did they complain? did they have video games to enjoy?

stop complaining and be thankful for what you have...that is all

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by gw1228 this is not 2.0  this is 1.0 all over again......

Actually that's just wrong, nobody gave a shit in 1.0 if you could or could not play at launch because that's reality for every mmorpg out there, the problems were at half-made game which had no content where you had to use freaking software mouse control.

Two weeks from now no one could care less that there were login problems and that people had hard time at this or at that on the launch, like always, at that point the general whining should start to take hold of these forums on larger scale, 3 weeks tops and the one monthers are running amok with torches and pitchforks raging on how this game is just more of the same and how it will go free to play in one year.

There's some of this going on the forums already but I believe we have to wait for another two weeks for the tide.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Stuff like this is why I refuse to preorder anymore. I was planning on buying this after the launch craziness is over but that will depend on them fixing the main problems people are currently having.
  • ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

Oh dear, what have we become?

Today's expectations are totally and completely out of whack.

look back on the gladiators of old rome. dying for sport in the arena. did they complain? no, they died with honor. how about the early settlers migrating west in their covered wagons. when they were snowbound atop donner's pass and forced to eat each other to survive, did they complain? did they have video games to enjoy?

stop complaining and be thankful for what you have...that is all

They didn't have anyone to complain to or they would have.