Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning after F2p... will WoW be a different thing?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

So far i have returned to every MMo that i played with a subscription that went F2p, and even now i switch between them regularly..  Personally having all these f2p games readilly available is very much apreciated by the part of me that needs diversity to keep interest. And not only me, but thousands of other players have followed these steps..

(Keep in mind tough that when a good subbed game arives on the market, i will buy it, because every good game has its price)

So when WoW goes F2p one of these days, will you join it?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Oh my, i forgot the option, still playing the game....

Somehting in my thick skull must have forgotten that there are still people playing this game... 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

No interest too.

Would rather play another game, as when a P2P game goes to F2P it nosedives.

WoW goes F2P it's play numbers will increase only as long as players find out why F2P has it's rep.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Or the most obvious option for this poll.. "Yes, I left because of the sub".
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Considering the group that just bought Blizzard (and I guess activision) from Vivendi just paid 9 billion dollars to do it... (or right around that number,)

I figure by the time WoW goes F2P I will be playing something else with no time for a F2P WoW ... or perhaps not even gaming anymore.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Have to say that unless it's my current game at the time it goes F2P, I won't be joining back up if it does go F2P.

Unless a game releases F2P, I generally only check out games I've never played because they didn't particularly interest me and weren't worth investing money to determine if they would be worth playing. That's why F2P is still kind of looked at as the last ditch effort model. Because it's just showing that the game wasn't enticing enough with a sub/box price. I never went back to Rift when it went F2P. I played it beta+launch and enjoyed it for a few months. But they nerfed the fun out of it so I left (that and one button macro play).

I think F2P is a great way to make your game accessible to a wide audience to make sure everyone has a chance to check it out. A game like WoW that has been out forever and has had such a large population of people playing it won't see the same benefit of F2P. Once in a while you see someone claim that they've never played it (it may or may not be true) but if they haven't played WoW at this point, they must be going off principle to actively avoid playing it and I doubt they would play it after F2P.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I don't dislike the game, but there's no real reason for me to return. I have had my fill of the game play, the raids and the PvP. I just reached a point and was done.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

No,  not even for free would I return.  I came back for Cata, but this game has just continued down the road I saw it heading pre-BC and it's just not my style of MMORPG.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• slash9456slash9456 Member UncommonPosts: 13

No.

The damage blizzard has done to WoW is un-repairable.

• Niall18Niall18 Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by slash9456

No.

The damage blizzard has done to WoW is un-repairable.

Thats a matter of how you look at it I think. 

Check out my Blog for MMO News, Rants & Fun!

http://MMO-Elitist.blogger.com

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Probably not since the game has gone stale.

However, if they put in radically new content, i may. There is no shortage of alternative though.

• Reiken_BirgeReiken_Birge Member UncommonPosts: 59

Not unless they started paying me to play the game.

I was originally excited to get my hands on WoW when I first heard of it, since I loved the Warcraft games. It even looked really good in the early previews.. But after getting my hands on it, it didn't look or feel like anything that was promised and honestly just felt like a heavily watered down MMO in comparison to others I had played in the past.

I understand why people loved it though. For many it was the first MMO they had ever heard of or played so in that regard, of course the game would be awesome. But I can't say I ever really enjoyed it, even with people or clan mates.

Kingdom of Knights - Community Manager

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Reiken_Birge

I understand why people loved it though. For many it was the first MMO they had ever heard of or played so in that regard, of course the game would be awesome. But I can't say I ever really enjoyed it, even with people or clan mates.

To me, it was a much better game than earlier ones like UO and EQ. Finally .. a game instead of a world that you have to do chores, and bear with people you don't like.

I only quit because the game got old for me. Every game does sooner or later. Wow is pretty impressive (to me) since it kept my attention for 3+ years (longest for any game).